Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Pep wrote:Jack Billings wants out of the Saints.

Another player seemingly injured, could a fresh start at the pies get the best out of him?

Any interest?
What does he bring? What role does he play? Would he fill a role we have a deficiency in? Does he fit within the current team?
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Topping up bargains out there:

1. Jack Billings: Absolute bargain with Saints likely to want his $$$ off the books. At 28 years of age, this former pick number 3 has a lethal foot and smarts. Our third rounder would get it done with it likely coming down to pick 55.

2. Jack Hately: Former first round draft pick left GWS and has been delisted by Crows could be a handy rookie pick for depth.

3. Buku Khamis: exciting 23 year old utility has generated whispers amongst North and Pies. Typically under-utilised by Bevo.

4. Tom Doedee: it's down to Pies or Lions. Succession planning for life post Jezza Howe

5. Paddy Dow: expected to go to Saints or Swans but would love to get one back on Carlton. Would be a freebie.

6. Brodie McLaughlin: 25 year old Gold Coast forward who was equal top (51 goals) in the VFL Goal-kicking list is originally from Frankston. Gettable.

Food for thought.
Last edited by inxs88 on Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

Any player out there that wants to continue his AFL career with a stable & honestly great environment should include that in with their renumeration
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
RudeBoy
Been liked: 95 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I had lunch today with a Collingwood 'insider', who reckons we are odds on to recruit Alex Conden, as an international rookie, as he is very unlikely to get drafted to the NBA, as he was not selected to join any of the elite academies, which is the normal pathway to getting drafted in the NBA. At 213 cms, he is taller than Mason Cox, but apparently moves like Nick Daicos!!!!! He is 21 and has played footy all his life, and would likely be a pick 2 or 3 if he was in the normal draft.

His Dad is a mad Pies supporter and the club already has him on a training regime in readiness for the launch of his career as a Magpie.
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

inxs88 wrote:Topping up bargains out there:

1. Jack Billings: Absolute bargain with Saints likely to want his $$$ off the books. At 28 years of age, this former pick number 3 has a lethal foot and smarts. Our third rounder would get it done with it likely coming down to pick 55.

2. Jack Hately: Former first round draft pick left GWS and has been delisted by Crows could be a handy rookie pick for depth.

3. Buku Khamis: exciting 23 year old utility has generated whispers amongst North and Pies. Typically under-utilised by Bevo.

4. Tom Doedee: it's down to Pies or Lions. Succession planning for life post Jezza Howe

5. Paddy Dow: expected to go to Saints or Swans but would love to get one back on Carlton. Would be a freebie.

6. Brodie McLaughlin: 25 year old Gold Coast forward who was equal top (51 goals) in the VFL Goal-kicking list is originally from Frankston. Gettable.

Food for thought.
Billings I like but wonder about salary cap
Hately why has he been delisted twice?
Khamis no idea
Doedee two ACLs and out half of next season no thanks
Dow soft outside Lipinski is much harder no thanks
McLaughlin no idea
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
gurugeoff

Post by gurugeoff »

RudeBoy wrote:I had lunch today with a Collingwood 'insider', who reckons we are odds on to recruit Alex Conden, as an international rookie, as he is very unlikely to get drafted to the NBA, as he was not selected to join any of the elite academies, which is the normal pathway to getting drafted in the NBA. At 213 cms, he is taller than Mason Cox, but apparently moves like Nick Daicos!!!!! He is 21 and has played footy all his life, and would likely be a pick 2 or 3 if he was in the normal draft.

His Dad is a mad Pies supporter and the club already has him on a training regime in readiness for the launch of his career as a Magpie.
as big as 213 cm is, there are so many big guys around now that you do not go straight to the NBA just because you are tall. You need lots of talent as well.

I would suggest that if he did in fact move like Nick Daicos then at 213 cm, he would find himself in the NBA
RudeBoy
Been liked: 95 times

Post by RudeBoy »

gurugeoff wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:I had lunch today with a Collingwood 'insider', who reckons we are odds on to recruit Alex Conden, as an international rookie, as he is very unlikely to get drafted to the NBA, as he was not selected to join any of the elite academies, which is the normal pathway to getting drafted in the NBA. At 213 cms, he is taller than Mason Cox, but apparently moves like Nick Daicos!!!!! He is 21 and has played footy all his life, and would likely be a pick 2 or 3 if he was in the normal draft.

as big as 213 cm is, there are so many big guys around now that you do not go straight to the NBA just because you are tall. You need lots of talent as well.

I would suggest that if he did in fact move like Nick Daicos then at 213 cm, he would find himself in the NBA
I'm just the messenger. The mail I got was that he would definitely be a 2nd or 3rd pick if he was in the draft. When I questioned my friend as to how good he really was, I said to him, "he can't possibly move like Nick Daicos", to which he replied, "well maybe you're right - perhaps Pendles is a better description". At that point I pissed my pants and told him to shut up and not say another phucking word. :shock:
gurugeoff

Post by gurugeoff »

RudeBoy wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:

I'm just the messenger. The mail I got was that he would definitely be a 2nd or 3rd pick if he was in the draft. When I questioned my friend as to how good he really was, I said to him, "he can't possibly move like Nick Daicos", to which he replied, "well maybe you're right - perhaps Pendles is a better description". At that point I pissed my pants and told him to shut up and not say another phucking word. :shock:

looked him up, he is playing college basketball in Florida

"Along the way, Condon has relied on a relentless motor and physicality that can be traced to a youth career as an Australian Rules Football standout.

"There is some rawness to his skill set, especially on the offensive end, where Condon's shooting stroke needs some development. But an athletic (nearly) 7-footer with a matching 7-foot wingspan that will play as hard as anyone on the floor will be welcomed addition"

if his big flaw is that he can't shoot the ball, that will not worry us in the slightest.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

That's fine, probably don't need him until 2025.
kill for collingwood!
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Pretty sure you will find we have already got a deal with Condon if he makes it to year 3 and wants to flip back to footy. That was reported earlier in the year at the start of the season
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Pep

Post by Pep »

LaurieHolden wrote:
Pep wrote:Jack Billings wants out of the Saints.

Another player seemingly injured, could a fresh start at the pies get the best out of him?

Any interest?
What does he bring? What role does he play? Would he fill a role we have a deficiency in? Does he fit within the current team?
We have 3 mids who are over 30, Billings is 28, can be mid, fwd, wingman.
Former pick 3, disposal eff.% suggests he's classy.

Would be more of outside player with speed who can find the goals.
Seems he could fit in our game plan.

Will we get him? Probably not
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

LaurieHolden wrote:Goldstein has nominated Essendon as his preferred Club.

The premiers will only be looking to get better as senior coach Craig McRae continues to drive his side forward. Adelaide defender Tom Doedee has emerged as a potential target, while Todd Goldstein is said to be a strong chance of pulling on the black and white in 2024. Fin Macrae is contracted for next year but could be on the end of some interest, while Trent Bianco is unsigned and could offer a rival club some outside run.

Potential Targets: Tom Doedee, Todd Goldstein
Potential Departures: Finlay Macrae, Trent Bianco
Confirmed Departures: None
Draft Picks: 18, 36, 75, 93 (1487 points)
Still Unsigned: Aiden Begg, Trent Bianco, Josh Carmichael, Arlo Draper, Will Kelly, Nathan Kreuger, Cooper Murley, Trey Ruscoe, Tom Wilson.

Source :
https://www.zerohanger.com/going-going- ... -144060/4/
Suprised Begg hasn't been resigned yet. I thought he was showing some good signs in the VFL this year and very competitive in contests. Could become a KPD or a ruck fwd as he matures

Bianco starved of opportunities, more than Macrae. Both unfortunate signs of players in the queue behind the reliable mids and defence

Should persevere with Carmichael.

Draper, I don't know. Came with wraps, was the big slider and hasn't really done anything for me other than clog the VFL rehab room.

What is happening with Will Kelly? The injury reports had him training through the summer.

Kreuger has one more year in a 3 year deal doesn't he?

Cooper Murley tailed off, was a bit disappointing from mid to late in the season. Thought he had shown some signs previously. Not really sure what his role is tbh.

Trey Ruscoe just as unlucky as Macrae and Bianco. He played one senior game I think, played well and look composed and went back to the VFL without a reprieve. Would love him to stay and get a chance but fear he will be a trade to West Coast or Fremantle

Tom Wilson, the AFL listed one. Has shown some moments of brilliance and then just disappears for big chunks. Has all the attributes of a very good VFL player. Thanks for the service but it's time to delist.

The Kelly and Wright story post GF win was interesting. They only see the draft being more compromised over the next few years due to Norf, the northern club academies and the Tassie influx. Sounds like they have some even more unorthodox targets in mind than Goldie and Doedee. The Tom Lynch to Melbourne idea was an interesting trade. Would we take Lynch now? I think the natural targets are going to be the bulldogs and port. Port will have Georgiades returning from injury and out of contract. They have another choke and a few others might want out. Wines and Marshall were discussed on trade radio today. The bulldogs have UgleHagan, Naughton, English and Smith all out of contract next year. I reckon we could jag one of the port players and one of the dogs quartet with an attractive place to work and play.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

The Black and White Lion wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:Goldstein has nominated Essendon as his preferred Club.

The premiers will only be looking to get better as senior coach Craig McRae continues to drive his side forward. Adelaide defender Tom Doedee has emerged as a potential target, while Todd Goldstein is said to be a strong chance of pulling on the black and white in 2024. Fin Macrae is contracted for next year but could be on the end of some interest, while Trent Bianco is unsigned and could offer a rival club some outside run.

Potential Targets: Tom Doedee, Todd Goldstein
Potential Departures: Finlay Macrae, Trent Bianco
Confirmed Departures: None
Draft Picks: 18, 36, 75, 93 (1487 points)
Still Unsigned: Aiden Begg, Trent Bianco, Josh Carmichael, Arlo Draper, Will Kelly, Nathan Kreuger, Cooper Murley, Trey Ruscoe, Tom Wilson.

Source :
https://www.zerohanger.com/going-going- ... -144060/4/
Suprised Begg hasn't been resigned yet. I thought he was showing some good signs in the VFL this year and very competitive in contests. Could become a KPD or a ruck fwd as he matures

Bianco starved of opportunities, more than Macrae. Both unfortunate signs of players in the queue behind the reliable mids and defence

Should persevere with Carmichael.

Draper, I don't know. Came with wraps, was the big slider and hasn't really done anything for me other than clog the VFL rehab room.

What is happening with Will Kelly? The injury reports had him training through the summer.

Kreuger has one more year in a 3 year deal doesn't he?

Cooper Murley tailed off, was a bit disappointing from mid to late in the season. Thought he had shown some signs previously. Not really sure what his role is tbh.

Trey Ruscoe just as unlucky as Macrae and Bianco. He played one senior game I think, played well and look composed and went back to the VFL without a reprieve. Would love him to stay and get a chance but fear he will be a trade to West Coast or Fremantle

Tom Wilson, the AFL listed one. Has shown some moments of brilliance and then just disappears for big chunks. Has all the attributes of a very good VFL player. Thanks for the service but it's time to delist.

The Kelly and Wright story post GF win was interesting. They only see the draft being more compromised over the next few years due to Norf, the northern club academies and the Tassie influx. Sounds like they have some even more unorthodox targets in mind than Goldie and Doedee. The Tom Lynch to Melbourne idea was an interesting trade. Would we take Lynch now? I think the natural targets are going to be the bulldogs and port. Port will have Georgiades returning from injury and out of contract. They have another choke and a few others might want out. Wines and Marshall were discussed on trade radio today. The bulldogs have UgleHagan, Naughton, English and Smith all out of contract next year. I reckon we could jag one of the port players and one of the dogs quartet with an attractive place to work and play.
Undecided re Begg, Krueger and Ruscoe. Sorry to say but the rest are list cloggers including McRae, Carmichael and Bianco. Honestly don’t see why some on here have so much faith and love for them…they’ve shown very little apart from a few moments of mediocrity and have been average at best at VFL…do not have what it takes to make it into firsts and probably never will.

Krueger and Ruscoe have the potential to step up and could possibly go to another level but it appears their tickets may already have been stamped. It’s a shame as with further development could’ve ended up being an upgrade on Howe. Begg has seriously done diddly and squat with very meagre returns to date…gets beaten far too easily at VFL level by equally average opposition so I don’t know…maybe worth persisting. I really rate our list management at the moment with Wright at the helm…I’m confident they’ll make the best decision possible.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Doedee says no to the Pies, wants to go to Brisbane.