Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

A cheap option to ensure we don’t have the same problem as early this season with no ruckman available, why not? We probably end up with 3 AFL level ruckmen on the list for what 1 cost us in 2022!
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Brandan Parfitt might be worth a look - He is a handy midfielder and only 25. dunno if we could afford him though.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Presti35
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Presti35 »

Recent delistings from North; Jacob Edwards (remember the fuss over him), Lachie Young, Flynn Perez, and Phoenix Spicer.

Considering Goldy is about to leave, you'd think Edwards would be primed to now take his chance. Guess not.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Gerry Cooper wrote:Brandan Parfitt might be worth a look - He is a handy midfielder and only 25. dunno if we could afford him though.
I would only look at Parfitt as a DFA. I'm not sure he fills an urgent need. Holmes and Clarke are two players I'd like to trade for from the Cats. (Wont happen tho).
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by warburton lad »

There are two that we should pick up for free:

Todd Goldstein- ruck coach and very handy back-up for Cox and Cameron.
He is 201cms and 103kgs- averages half a goal a game and is an excellent tap ruckman.

It would enable McRae to manage his other ruck assets whilst having a guy on the list who could impart a wealth of knowledge to the likes of Begg and Steele as the develop...

The other player has just been delisted by Hawthorn.

Emerson Jeka is 198cms and 93kgs and has had experience as a key position forward and back- he has potential to develop as a centre half back to replace Howe by the end of 2024 season.

He is only 22 years of age and would potentially be a ten year Magpie.

Although Fox Footy have suggested that Buku Khamis may stay at Footscray, at 191cms and 87kgs and only 23 years of age, he shapes as a potential running defender/wingman. He is very quick and would add to the running power of the Magpies...Potentially a wingman to replace Sidebottom??

He is out of contract and must surely be tempted to transfer to (hopefully) the reigning premier??
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:I don't know that we have "handy backups" so much, but Goldstein would be a great mentor for the "several youngsters".

Might play a handful of games to cover injury, or to provide a break for Cameron or Cox.
By handy backups I mean The blokes who’ve gone in as second rucks when we missed one i.e. Frampton, McStay, Johnston. The North bloke would be great backup if we lose a big man through injury.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

I'm not sure they've been all that handy, but I take your point.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by piedys »

Presti35 wrote:According to this article: https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/45-pl ... d3ac6bd4cc
AFL Trade Radio’s list of 45 players up for trade

Deven Robertson,
James Harmes,
Liam Ryan,
Tom Doedee,
Jarryd Lyons,
Nick Haynes,
Zak Jones,
Pending the result of saturday's GF, we may need to look at some genuine big boddied help for DeGoey?
Whilst I wouldn't trade for any of these players, if we can snaffle one or two as FA's, or belated delistees, then go for gold: Deven Robertson, James Harmes, Zak Jones, Jarryd Lyons, and Liam Ryan
all have frames big enough to take the hits, and decent miles in their legs, and certainly closer to 30 than the slowing Pendles, Sidey and Mitchell are...

And as other have mentioned, cheap bargain back men to bolster our defense or be groomed to replace Howe: Tom Doedee, Nick Haynes certainly stand out here.

Anyhoo, culling 4-5 players from the present list is going to be exceptionally brutal this year...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Here's an interesting article on our trading that makes our current team. How did we do?

Collingwood’s smart trading, Brisbane’s draft sweet spot: Breaking down how each 2023 AFL Grand Final side was built

https://www.zerohanger.com/collingwoods ... lt-143871/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Brodie Grundy’s salary

Collingwood will politely inquire about the possibility of removing Brodie Grundy’s salary from its own books as star ruck prepares to move to Sydney, reports The Age.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/depart ... c6258a3f6c
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Goldstein has nominated Essendon as his preferred Club.

The premiers will only be looking to get better as senior coach Craig McRae continues to drive his side forward. Adelaide defender Tom Doedee has emerged as a potential target, while Todd Goldstein is said to be a strong chance of pulling on the black and white in 2024. Fin Macrae is contracted for next year but could be on the end of some interest, while Trent Bianco is unsigned and could offer a rival club some outside run.

Potential Targets: Tom Doedee, Todd Goldstein
Potential Departures: Finlay Macrae, Trent Bianco
Confirmed Departures: None
Draft Picks: 18, 36, 75, 93 (1487 points)
Still Unsigned: Aiden Begg, Trent Bianco, Josh Carmichael, Arlo Draper, Will Kelly, Nathan Kreuger, Cooper Murley, Trey Ruscoe, Tom Wilson.

Source :
https://www.zerohanger.com/going-going- ... -144060/4/
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Well we got our flag.

Not lets get a good key forward and add to our depth.

I saw Goldstein at the GF. He was hanging around Brad Scott all day.
BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

Doedee preference is Lions
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Culprit
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Culprit »

BazBoy wrote:Doedee preference is Lions
Seriously on Doedee, 2 knee reco's is a huge risk to give a long-term contract. Goldstiens to the Bombers is a good choice. The Bombers think they can buy their way to a flag. It's going to get ugly.
Pep

Post by Pep »

Jack Billings wants out of the Saints.

Another player seemingly injured, could a fresh start at the pies get the best out of him?

Any interest?