#9 John Noble - requests a trade

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jonmac1954
Been liked: 19 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Johnny is another heart and soul player, he's never convinced he's done enough and the K's he does every game are amazing.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Magpies defender earns extension after career-best season

https://www.afl.com.au/news/985754/magp ... est-season

New three-year deal (to end of 2026)
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Well deserved extension.

Noble is one of four players to have never missed a game under Fly.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

On one of the longest games streaks in the AFL. (Of course, Crisp leads.)

Most consecutive AFL games (current)

Jack Crisp (Collingwood) - 210
Christian Petracca (Melbourne) - 129
Jack Macrae (Western Bulldogs) - 119*
Charlie Cameron (Brisbane) - 114
Callum Wilkie (St Kilda) - 107
Oliver Florent (Sydney) - 91
Liam Baker (Richmond) - 85
John Noble (Collingwood) - 82
Ben Keays (Adelaide) - 82

(afl.com.au)

[*Macrae's streak ends this week due to concussion.]
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

^^^^

That’s not our Macrae, that is the one from the Bulldogs.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

What'sinaname wrote:No, you couldn't argue he's better than Newcombe. Jai is easily the best of the mid season draft picks, and by a huge margin.
We all know you secretly support Hawthorn. Jai is your little friend.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

lazzadesilva wrote:^^^^

That’s not our Macrae, that is the one from the Bulldogs.
You don't say! ;)

Hopefully Finn's own streak starts tonight.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
David

Post by David »

As much as I understand the arguments for his omission (and people have pointed out various stats where he hasn't been doing as well as he could), I feel like this ^ is what we may end up missing tonight and, potentially, through the rest of the finals series.

The thing I remember most about the 2010 drawn grand final is Nick Maxwell and some of his desperate efforts to prevent goals in the last quarter. Who will be there to do that for us if it comes down to the wire?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

David wrote:
As much as I understand the arguments for his omission (and people have pointed out various stats where he hasn't been doing as well as he could), I feel like this ^ is what we may end up missing tonight and, potentially, through the rest of the finals series.

The thing I remember most about the 2010 drawn grand final is Nick Maxwell and some of his desperate efforts to prevent goals in the last quarter. Who will be there to do that for us if it comes down to the wire?
I feel bad for Johnny Noble and I'm very surprised with his omission from the team. I would have dropped Lipinski before Noble but for reasons that I can't see Fly McRae loves having Lipinski in the team. I fear Collingwood will miss the clean hands and mopping up of the loose ball in the defensive zone and run out of the backline that Noble provides.
No doubt Markov has taken Noble's spot and whilst Markov has done very well with his dash & carry out of defense I'm not sold on his disposal effectiveness, one-on-one contest ability (albeit better than Noble's) and I don't think his hands are as clean or his 2nd and 3rd efforts as desperate as Noble's.
I would have preferred to have seen Lipinski dropped instead of Noble and had Markov as the sub instead of Ginnivan, who I think would have offered a real spark and goal kicking option with a big game personality that could have really turned it on from the first bounce. That said the roar that will be heard if / when Ginnivan enters the game for the first time tonight should provide an enormous lift for the whole team... hopefully won't be needed but would be exciting to be witness to.
Go Pies!
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Greening gold
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

Wet and windy forecast for the game tonight - and Collingwood has gone tall. I think I'd prefer Noble over Lipinski or Markov in sloppy conditions.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
David

Post by David »

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Wish I’d screenshotted comments bagging him as a dud and should be dropped, because I’m seeing some of the commenters here and elsewhere suddenly his#1 fans. I hope people see the players as human and aren’t so abusive in game day threads from now on.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

He’s certainly unlucky, but at some point depth was going to take a victim or two and unfortunately it was him on this occasion.

Moore, Murph and Beau are all walk up starts, when means with zero injuries to best 25 players, good players are going to miss out.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Tough one for John. Hasn't missed a game since 2020 so it will be a bitter pill for him to swallow.

I have faith Fly and the assistants know what they're doing in this space.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

And another player is going to be an unlucky omission in 2 weeks when Nick Daicos returns.

It's a sign we have a very good side, when very good players lose their spots to even better players.