Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

dalyc wrote:
schuey07 wrote:Some of our supporters need to hang their heads in shame. Bunch of weak pathetic flogs. Go Pies. We beat the “best” team in the comp at their home ground. You have more spine than a lot of so called “supporters”.
Dude, if we had a like button you’d have 1000 likes.
Yet I’m the one with two yellow cards. Pathetic, that the same crap goes on every week in the game day thread.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

Of course I hope the result is the same (although by a larger margin, for my heart's sake), I doubt the Grand Final will be a better game. In fact, I suspect we may have just watched the best game of the whole 2023 season. Just a shame it wasn't for the Flag and the Cup.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Well Port presumably brought their A game and it wasn’t good enough to beat us. I don’t fear them in the finals in Melbourne. I’m just hoping that we can continue our winning form against the scum next week. That will be more than sensational
Last edited by lazzadesilva on Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Greening gold
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

Bring on the Navy Blues,
The Old Dark Navy Blues,
They're the team that always lets you down,
The same old losers from Carlton town.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

schuey07 wrote:
dalyc wrote:
schuey07 wrote:Some of our supporters need to hang their heads in shame. Bunch of weak pathetic flogs. Go Pies. We beat the “best” team in the comp at their home ground. You have more spine than a lot of so called “supporters”.
Dude, if we had a like button you’d have 1000 likes.
Yet I’m the one with two yellow cards. Pathetic, that the same crap goes on every week in the game day thread.
I went there once, never again. It should be called the clueless corner.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Pies2016 wrote:Sidey was huge. Just another example of an old bloke missing a few weeks and coming back in pristine condition. That six week knee injury is the perfect lead in to finals for him.
Interesting take from Steele post-game about his L foot vs R foot kicking distance.
Hiss
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Haff wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
schuey07 wrote:As usual the flogs from the game day thread don’t post after a win. Only up and about when we are down. Pathetic.
WOW I F**KING DID :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Don’t give him air time mate. Support the team your own way.
Freedom of speech! Clearly you don’t understand the Second Amendment! Why do some supporters on this site worry so much about what others say? I find the so called negative posters the most constructive, honest , passionate, and committed fans. The rose coloured glasses types are boring ! They drive me to the drink
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

swoop42 wrote:Doesn't matter how many times they do it I still sit here stunned.
:D I'm the same Swoop! This team just amazes me! Early on the touch wasn't there in the difficult conditions. Ports pressure was hot and the understanding in our manoeuvres wasn't smooth. Then we just got that little bit better and thats all it took. Jamie's setting up Taylor for a goal in his 200th was special like this team is!!!!
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

I’m actually pretty wrapped with this now the dust has settled. Port brang it. They were good (supporters, especially their feral mob, clapping a team off after a loss is a good sign of that).
Conditions were not supportive of our game plan.
They probably had rub off the green with the way the ball bounced, frees (though I think the umps were pretty good save that throw) etc.
Found a way to still play Collingwood footy.
One name not bought up yet, Markov. Provides so much run and had some important linkages. Reckon when the chips are down he is starting 22 and WHE doesn’t get back in.
All in all, very happy with the nights work and knowing we still have improvement.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
rad

Post by rad »

Full credit to our defence.
If our mids at least break even then we win. Tonight our mids got smashed for 3 quarters but our rear guard held up.
I would love to play port in the granny on a dry day and full stands.
Their forward line would get belted.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I thought it was over, I said in the game day thread if the midfield lifts, we win, they did & we did.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Casual Observations:

1. Great win against immense Port/crowd momentum
2. We got slaughtered around the ball/clearances
3. The old guard of Pendles, Adams, Crisp and Sidey were imperious
4. Cameron was supreme in the Ruck and when watching replay everyone, notice how great his left handed hit outs to advantage were
5. Clutch goalkicking from now on should be called an "Elliott"!
6. Murphy supreme
7. Sidey's late spoil against Farrell was huge then kick off the ground
8. DeGoey is a concern.... virus, suspensions, Bali, injuries etc....
9. Lipinski's best game since returning
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

That was just the sort of game we needed. A pressure win. Some questions maybe but its better to reflect first rather than posting foolishly.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�