Post Match. Pies sink Saints. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

lihei wrote:Murphy gets knocked out and they put on 3 goals. The spirit of O'Dea lives on.
This, disgusting that it went unchecked , so far off the ball

What a gutsy win

I really felt bad voting, because they all deserve it, this was truly a team win
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

sherrife wrote:Pretty worried about Elliot. He's been a liability this year. Maybe needs a rest.

But great to guts it out.
Pretty much got knocked out.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Piesnchess wrote:NO rucks, No De Goey, no Howe, no Lipinski, McStay off early, take that win in a heartbeat, very very handy four points, against LYons boring as batshit game plan. Take it a run, any day of the week. Proud of the boys, against all odds. Time to calm down.
Yep amazing win showing how good our depth is, but there will be some pain coming. Can’t see how we possibly won next week against the Bummers and then Crows and Swans to come.

Hopefully by the time we play the scum we’ll have some players back.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

think positive wrote:
lihei wrote:Murphy gets knocked out and they put on 3 goals. The spirit of O'Dea lives on.

What a gutsy win

I really felt bad voting, because they all deserve it, this was truly a team win
4 field umpire and they still miss it!!!
Haff

Post by Haff »

Arch@M32 wrote:Naicos 846m gained according to AFL website. I wonder what the record is.
Over 1000 I believe.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Ginnivan won the game. Just elite when it mattered.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Fantastic against the odds win.With so many injuries to our talls we virtually had no tall players except for Moore and Frampton.It just shows the spirit of this team,which is just incredible.I don’t k ow what happened in the last couple of minutes,but it nearly gave me a heart attack.If St Kilda had won that game,or drawn it,it would have been highway robbery.
Arch@M32
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Arch@M32 »

Haff wrote:
Arch@M32 wrote:Naicos 846m gained according to AFL website. I wonder what the record is.
Over 1000 I believe.
Looks like Aaron Hall with 1169 from 38 possessions.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Haff wrote:
Over 1000 I believe.
1169 by Aaron Hall (North Melbourne) in 2022.
https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/1159012/de ... res-gained
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

eddiesmith wrote:
think positive wrote:

What a gutsy win

4 field umpire and they still miss it!!!
Ump standing right in front too.
Haff

Post by Haff »

Pies4shaw wrote:Ginnivan won the game. Just elite when it mattered.
Was my 3/4 spray.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

All I can say is thank God we recruited Bobby Hill.He is absolutely electrifying.He’s the sort of player that Hine would never have picked in the draft,but thankfully Graeme Wright had the good sense to recruit him from GWS.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

eddiesmith wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:NO rucks, No De Goey, no Howe, no Lipinski, McStay off early, take that win in a heartbeat, very very handy four points, against LYons boring as batshit game plan. Take it a run, any day of the week. Proud of the boys, against all odds. Time to calm down.
Yep amazing win showing how good our depth is, but there will be some pain coming. Can’t see how we possibly won next week against the Bummers and then Crows and Swans to come.

Hopefully by the time we play the scum we’ll have some players back.

Perhaps, but we always lift for Anzac day, our record is very good on that day, think we are way ahead of Dons on wins, Line ball, its winnable. Crows maybe a loss, over there, lunatic land, but Swans on the MCG, not up at their putrid shithole, is very winnable., I reckon. Win 2 outa 3, we have done well, then get our rucks back, yes. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

That was an excellent tough hard fought win. Until we broke away with a few goals in the last it was looking a coin flip for me. Yes, we should have had a bigger lead at 3qtr time but bad kicking and bad decision making cost us that comfortable lead.

Big pat on the back to Billy Frampton who was superb for us in ruck contests and really propelled that lead in the last. Murph was lion-hearted, just throws everything into it. Naicos was running rings around them and is probably our best player now officially. The forward line just needs to work it out amongst themselves how to work together better. Who goes up, who stays down. Better chemistry and communication is desperately needed there.

Next week will be tough with no rucks and Draper to deal with. Concerning but just another challenge to overcome I suppose.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Haff wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:Ginnivan won the game. Just elite when it mattered.
Was my 3/4 spray.
Keep it up