#25 Jack Crisp

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

CarringbushCigar wrote:Smells a lot like a Sportsbet hitjob.
I have suspicions. Did the odds for the game change dramatically?
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

schuey07 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Jack has to front the AFL Honchos next week, NO wonder his game was off, that **** turd Lions troll, did the dirty work, torpedoed him, and it worked, hey. Revenge will come our way. later in the season.
This is a joke. It happened 10 years ago. He is a different person now with a wife and kids. I hate this woke world where you can never grow as a person.
I see him and his wife with his two young daughters regularly in Bentleigh and it’s even more unpalatable how this has played out when you see how attentive and involved he is with his partner and daughters. Old pics or not, it has to be a very tough next few weeks for Jack and his wife.
Jezza
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

He looked very preoccupied tonight. Hope the club gets around him and support him and his family.

Would be ironic for his consecutive games streak to end in these circumstances, rather than through an injury or suspension because of his actions in a game.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

There’s a clear trail to who first posted the video. If police won’t do it, club should get a PI.
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Pies2016 wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Jack has to front the AFL Honchos next week, NO wonder his game was off, that **** turd Lions troll, did the dirty work, torpedoed him, and it worked, hey. Revenge will come our way. later in the season.
This is a joke. It happened 10 years ago. He is a different person now with a wife and kids. I hate this woke world where you can never grow as a person.
I see him and his wife with his two young daughters regularly in Bentleigh and it’s even more unpalatable how this has played out when you see how attentive and involved he is with his partner and daughters. Old pics or not, it has to be a very tough next few weeks for Jack and his wife.
It's disgusting. None of us are the same as we were 10 years ago. The AFL investigating this also a joke. When do we stop going back, do we bring up stuff he said when he was 10.

I'm glad there was no social media when I was in my 20s. I'd be burned at the stake.
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/why ... 5cypf.html

Pretty good article by Jake Niall that goes into the what's and wherefores of the situation
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/why-the-jack-crisp-situation-is-different-20230406-p5cypf.html

Pretty good article by Jake Niall that goes into the what's and wherefores of the situation
paywalled!

the gist please?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

The basic gist is that Ginni was essentially filmed taking drugs, and it was recent.

Apart from the photos of Crisp being not recent, there's a bunch of other considerations.
The photo of the bag that looks like drugs, what's in it and whose bag is it?
Who captioned the photos of Crisp?
Who made the video which was posted online?
IF Crisp captioned the photos, what's the context? Was it part of a consensual private conversation?

Basically, Ginni's incident was fairly black and white, helped by him owning up straight away and making no excuses. This one, there's a lot of questions to be answered and that's why they'll need to interview Crispy.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Is Jake saying the focus should be on who made the video and why? I mentioned to a media mate that the timing had implications for betting agencies and he agreed but said no one will talk about that. AFL’s cash cow is a protected species.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

^ The Magpies are ALWAYS the Leagues cash cow, its how they want US to roll. Stuff the Lions, ante up Collingwood, tell them never again will we play the Easter Thursday night "Blockbuster" at the putrid lights out Gabba. The Lions did this to Crisp, an inside job, a sneaky " Pearl Harbour " type attack, and it worked beautifully for them. NO more Mr Nice guy Collingwood, enough is enough, stuff them.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I still find it iffy these old vids come out when the team’s playing Brisbane. Bailey, dusty, now Jack. It used to be when playing Sydney.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Channel 7 reckons Crisp is to be suspended for 2 matches.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

90 nice wrote:Channel 7 reckons Crisp is to be suspended for 2 matches.

WTF ?? for something TEN FOOKING YEARS AGO. ???? Is the AFL totally off the friggin Planet ???? :o :x
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

If he’s suspended then expect more videos of other players to start appearing online.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

If he’s suspended then hire a pi, and ifit was anyone to do with the bears at all they should be charged with game tampering.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!