What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

Funny movie. Saw the stage show when we were in Melbourne a few years ago and that was excellent too.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Presti35 »

Untold: Operation Flagrant Foul (2022)

From the Untold series on Netflix. Gee whizz, dont know what to think after watching that. Especially after the recent AFL umpiring controversy.

It runs for an hour and 15 minutes, so it isn't a long watch.

The film focus' on the three main guys (one is an NBA ref) who are involved in the betting scandal that hit the headlines back in 2007. They do very briefly mention the 2002 West Finals between Lakers-Kings, but this film is not about that incident.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

The 1980s kids’ film The Dark Crystal. Has anyone here seen it? The creature design was pretty amazing, and parts of it are real nightmare fuel. It’s certainly something!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

I remember seeing it when it was first released.

Directed and produced by Jim Henson and Frank Oz (Muppets & Sesame Street) hence the great creature design for its time.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Labyrinth was cool, David Bowie was under rated as an actor.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Honey, I Shrunk The Kids

We just randomly put it on when trying to pick something to watch. A classic from our very young days.

I tell you what. People say my Dad was irresponsible for letting us watch Total Recall, Blood Sport, Predator and movies like this. They said it'll mess us up. But a movie like this, when the Ant dies... that did more damage. Similar to the Horse in The Never Ending Story.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Enola Holmes 2.

It's ok. The first one was a better film. When I say "its ok", I actually really enjoyed it right up until the ending. Millie Bobby Brown is a very talented actor for her age.

As it's a brand new film, I cant say too much. It's 100% worth the watch, especially if you have young teens at home.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Watched Rampage last night, seen it before but I enjoy it. TP, if you haven't seen it before, give it a look, the Rock is at his coolest and you'll love George the Gorilla.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Presti35 wrote:Honey, I Shrunk The Kids

We just randomly put it on when trying to pick something to watch. A classic from our very young days.

I tell you what. People say my Dad was irresponsible for letting us watch Total Recall, Blood Sport, Predator and movies like this. They said it'll mess us up. But a movie like this, when the Ant dies... that did more damage. Similar to the Horse in The Never Ending Story.
i love all those movies!

and i cry like a baby every time the ant dies! its a brilliant series! time for another run at it! its good treadmill stuff!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Watched Rampage last night, seen it before but I enjoy it. TP, if you haven't seen it before, give it a look, the Rock is at his coolest and you'll love George the Gorilla.
oh god i love that movie!!!!

gees you know my taste

unlike hubby and his crappy star is born shit!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

All Eyez On Me

A biopic about Tupac Shakur. This film jumped all over the place. It introduced and reintroduced characters every 5 mins. It moved very fast and jumped from moment to moment. The live concert scenes felt unnecessary.

I think it's better than what the rotten tomatoes score is. But it could have been so much better. If you know about him and the people that were in his life, you'll be able to watch this without too much confusion. If you have a vague idea about who he was, then you'll probably get lost during the film, especially in the second half once he is out of prison.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Watched Rampage last night, seen it before but I enjoy it. TP, if you haven't seen it before, give it a look, the Rock is at his coolest and you'll love George the Gorilla.
oh god i love that movie!!!!

gees you know my taste

unlike hubby and his crappy star is born shit!
Is there a movie called star is born? Haven't seen it and not likely too. We have very similar tastes in action movies but I still have no interest in watching Shawshank redemption. :wink:
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

^^^^

Pretty sure there are at least 2 versions of a star is born.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Skids »

I stumbled across 'Trading Places' over the weekend. Can't believe I was 16 when it hit the screens. What a highlight seeing Jamie Lee Curtis's bare breaststroke was :). Now, you see more flesh in a trailer.

One of the best movies.
Don't count the days, make the days count.