Post Match. Pies prevail. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Never in doubt.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

This win negates the loss to the Cats.

Same sort of game, team that was dominated for 3 quarters comes home strong in the 4th to win.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Nick's goal

Mmmmm champagne football!
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

The umpiring was shit as well. I’m all for diversity if you can do the job. If not let’s get the best people for the job.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

schuey07 wrote:This game shows we need a KPD and a KPF.
And a friggin midfield
no second chances
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Those first 3 quarters were an abomination… barely winning a centre clearance or kicking consecutive goals.

But Jesus:
- Ginnivan Rule: All AFL players except Ginnivan shall receive a free kick for having their head taken off. Jason Dunstall loving it.
- Cox Rule: Cox shall not under any circumstances receive a free kick
-
Last edited by stoliboy on Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

I’m so glad we won.But oh,Collingwood,what you do to my heart every week.Auuggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
VicParkTragic
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by VicParkTragic »

Excruciating. I nearly walked out.
Living in Geelong, barracking for the 'pies!
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

If you’d seen/heard our coach’s press conference you’d know the game was never in doubt. He spoke so well. Go Pies
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

stoliboy wrote:Those first 3 quarters were an abomination… barely winning a centre clearance or kicking consecutive goals.

But Jesus:
- Ginnivan Rule: All AFL players except Ginnivan shall receive a free kick for having their head taken off. Jason Dunstall loving it.
- Cox Rule: Cox shall under any circumstances receive a free kick
-
If the Afl can send a ‘plse explain’ letter when players or clubs do something wrong then I think the club can send a letter & ask plse explain that crap umpiring today. No impartiality at all.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Geez we like to do it the hard way! In the end I am happy to get away with a win and 4 points.

At half time it was looking sketchy, and at 3qtr time it was looking diabolical.

Let's give some credit here, North played out of their skins for 3 qtrs. They absolutely threw the kitchen sink at us. Their midfield attack on the ball, run and spread, their desperation and intensity surprised us and exposed our midfield groups desire to apply pressure unconditionally. They were very good, we did not expect that from them. However, it came at a price as they stopped dead in the last qtr allowing our midfield to get on top and we managed to kick 5 goals to none to "steal" the win.

I think we all just need to understand that you take nothing for granted in this game. You're not as bad as you think and you're not as good as you think either. North are capable of playing dynamic footy if you allow them time and space to do so and we are not incapable of the very worst footy can offer.

Today also showed that we are starting to rely on our ability to find a way to win late in games and squeeze over the line. I don't want this to become a habit as a top side will put us away nice and early. At some point in the next 6 weeks we need to work out how to setup wins before 3tr time and not leave it so late. It is all a learning process I suppose.

In the end, as I've said before, this season is about just getting the wins on the board and making the finals based on pre-season expectations. Percentage is just not a consideration and we shouldn't expect it to be, we are not a ruthless scoreboard pressure team.....yet!!

Now, time for a few very stiff drinks to settle the nerves. Go Pies!!
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Didnt have the big bodied De-Goey in the midfield and forward either. even thought he wouldnt have gotten any touches like last week his presence and positioning would let the other mids get touches.

Do we not have any KPD in the VFL?
Howe and Murphy are not key position.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

what is it about playing shit sides? Bring us down to their level and beat (almost) us with experience? Guessing Moore is more important to us than any other player.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

I know we were undersized down back but Larkey looked good. I’d spend money on him rather than Mcstay.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

I know lot of people want to get rid of DeGoey,but I think this game showed how much we need him,with our midfield being so weak.Even last week when he was so poor and out of it,he was still one of our leading clearance winners.