What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Your list of No's equals no reason for me to watch it, but I did have a look at the preview. When did you take up acting Ove? :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:Your list of No's equals no reason for me to watch it, but I did have a look at the preview. When did you take up acting Ove? :P
Do yourself a favour and watch it: its sense of humanity is gorgeous.

The same writer wrote Anxious People on Netflix; a wonderful 6 part series (nothing to do with mental health) but there is the same sense of humanity that one finds in A Man Called Ove in Anxious People. 6 x 40 min episodes or thereabouts. Both top books.

Trailer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aseoiMxTOLMi
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

If it's the one I think, it wasn't bad. I think the early years was more accurate than the latter. Not sure about serial killer but he was definitely on the path to being a gang standover man and thug.

Ole Cus did a great job with him, then Don King and his hangers on milked him for all he was worth once they got their clutches on him.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Presti35 »

Top Gun Maverick.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

The Batman, the new one.

Really enjoyed it, particularly the return to type where The Batman doesn't use guns. Also liked how the villains weren't dressed up in costume, reminded me a bit of the TV series Gotham about a young Bruce Wayne.

The only jarring note was the relationship with Alfred in the early stages but overall one of the best incarnations of Batman I've seen.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Top gun the originals man, what the tell happened to cruise, he was the best, brilliant movie
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

I know everybody here already thinks I watch weird movies, but this French film I watched last night was on another level entirely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfWGcQNyzUI
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

WTAF?
David

Post by David »

I feel like the trailer doesn’t even capture half of the WTAFness of the film! It was good though.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

That Kate Bush they reference. Is that the 80's singer who's currently No 1 on the charts with a song from the 80's or just a random coincidence?
David

Post by David »

It is a (pretty random) reference to her, yes! But the timing does seem to be a total coincidence, as the film premiered last year and this resurgence of interest in her seems to be the result of some popular American TV show using her music in an episode a few weeks ago.

Anyway, while we're on the topic, I do love this video clip! They don't make them like this anymore. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Yeah, apparently it's a key bit of the plot in Stranger Things (which I've never watched)

Personally my favourite of hers was Babooshka. I never wanted to be reincarnated as a double Bass so much.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Venom-let there be carnage.

Not sure why I watched it or what I watched. I'd still prefer it over Davids French Kate Bush horror movie though. :wink:
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

cannot stand Kate Bush, she sings in that stupid key, I find irritating.
wuthering heights is the worst.