Post Match. Pies dump Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Just watched the replay of the 3rd quarter.
Wow. How we just hunted the ball, hunted them as the prey.
Dees went into 3rd quarter break 2 points up, but they were quivering. We were all over them. They were just caught in our headlights.
Ferocious attack on the ball at all times by all our players.
Our defence has become attack.
Just loved how Moore straight away, in defence played on to drive the ball forward. Might have cost us a goal on one occasion. But on every other, sends a dagger of fear through the opositon,
Our aggressive attack is just exhilarating to watch, and just terrifies the opposition. You could see it on the faces of the Dees players. They were fearful about where to kick the ball, and knew that if they didnt make a decision , a Collingwood player was going to mow them down in a desperate tackle.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Jezza wrote:
schuey07 wrote:We did well in getting Fly. Not a big name but what we needed.
Agree.

I don't want to gloat too much, but I feel like those of us who were pushing for Buckley to depart last year are vindicated now, despite some of the abuse we received.
Exactly. Well done Jezza for expressing my thoughts so bravely.
We always suspected that the potential was untapped. Now we know that is the truth.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-ne ... 23df681bde

Does anyone know what Max Shithead Gone was about?
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ne2wlkejbw0z ... 2.png?dl=0

Love this guy
Is there a heart emoticon?
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

I love the fact that we are winning. I love even more that we are so damn fun to watch. Winning a dour slog is good. Winning a jet-fighter duel is thrilling. Jack Crisp said (almost undiplomatically) at the post-match interview how much Fly has eased the tension and freshened things up. For old timers, it feels a bit like 1976-77 all over again.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Jezza wrote:
Agree.

I don't want to gloat too much, but I feel like those of us who were pushing for Buckley to depart last year are vindicated now, despite some of the abuse we received.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Meredith1965 wrote:I love the fact that we are winning. I love even more that we are so damn fun to watch. Winning a dour slog is good. Winning a jet-fighter duel is thrilling. Jack Crisp said (almost undiplomatically) at the post-match interview how much Fly has eased the tension and freshened things up. For old timers, it feels a bit like 1976-77 all over again.
Yep and Noble said a couple of weeks ago the club is actually fun to be around this year.
MC's Mix

Post by MC's Mix »

In the future we'll look back and give some more credit to Buckley for having the nads to play the kids at the end and instill a solid team-defense. McCrae to his credit has utilised that to full effect, but make no mistake, we'd be nowhere near as good if those basics weren't drilled in first.

Reminds me a bit of Tony Shaw from way back, playing a hugely attacking style but without the cattle. He never really got the credit he deserved in my opinion for playing the kids and backing them.

Loving what we've been putting up this year, I had minimal expectations (and still don't think we'll be a serious threat just yet) but am so happy to see the energy and passion from the group, which is translating to getting wins on the board.

Go Pies!
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Does this guy want to kill Goodwin, or what??
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2omqt8j55ifp0 ... 1.png?dl=0

Trouble at the Dees??[/url]
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Jezza wrote:
Agree.

And boy did we cop some abuse.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

MC's Mix wrote:In the future we'll look back and give some more credit to Buckley for having the nads to play the kids at the end and instill a solid team-defense. McCrae to his credit has utilised that to full effect, but make no mistake, we'd be nowhere near as good if those basics weren't drilled in first.

Reminds me a bit of Tony Shaw from way back, playing a hugely attacking style but without the cattle. He never really got the credit he deserved in my opinion for playing the kids and backing them.

Loving what we've been putting up this year, I had minimal expectations (and still don't think we'll be a serious threat just yet) but am so happy to see the energy and passion from the group, which is translating to getting wins on the board.

Go Pies!
A refreshing, balanced perspective which gives credit where it's due to both past and present coaches.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

schuey07 wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Agree.

And dished it out in equal measure!!!! :lol:
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

MC's Mix wrote:In the future we'll look back and give some more credit to Buckley for having the nads to play the kids at the end and instill a solid team-defense. McCrae to his credit has utilised that to full effect, but make no mistake, we'd be nowhere near as good if those basics weren't drilled in first.

Go Pies!
We will never look back to Buckley and credit him with much as our coach. The style we are playing now, the melding of attack and defence, has absoltuely nothing to do with anything Buckley did. In 2018, it was clearly the influence of Longmuir and Hocking that almost won the flag. Without them, Buckley's coaching was mostly incompetent - and Harvey's as well. The proof?? Today's game (and several others this year)
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Just watched it on delay - you bloody beauty!

Magnificent performance. Outplayed for and beaten in the contest for a half, but just ground them down and got smarter.

Brilliant team effort, but Coxy take a bow for a huge BOG, with Checkers just behind and Nick Daics another class by foot again.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

PyreneesPie wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Jezza wrote: Agree.

And dished it out in equal measure!!!! :lol:
The difference is we look to be right in our appraisal of the previous coach.