#9 John Noble - requests a trade

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Noble busted his arse again tonight, after copping a decent blood nose early in a contest. Bonus points for that; bravo lad.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

Noble is in our top 5 players this season.

One of the few players who gives
- Side By Side -
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Yet another display of courage, energy and skill from John Noble. So glad that now he is getting the recognition he deserves.
He is fast becoming a gun.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

An absolute gun.
Has become one of our best players.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

He's made great progress this year.

Stepped it up to another level, which I didn't expect.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

Super tonight.
Buon Giorno
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

He got smashed in the nose last night and came back on after running repairs and didn’t miss a beat. It’s a tough game and not everyone responds well after the front of your jumper is covered in blood. Respect.
Maybe he is growing into that sleeve tattoo, after all.
It will be interesting where he finishes up in the clubs most improved conversations.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

He went hard last night, he’ll be sore today.
E

Post by E »

in the votes again this week, including polling in the top 5 for the coaches votes.

At this point, i think my prediction that Noble was in our best 22 will go down in Nicks folklore.

I mean our best two players at the minute might be a steak knife and a mid season rookie draft selection. Neither touted! Both just keep working.

anyway, well done again John Noble. Your courage, hard work, calmness under presurre, leg speed, ability to run through the lines and most importantly, your precise and high quality disposal appears to finally being acknowledged!
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

He reminds me of Nick Maxwell - determined to get the best out of himself and tough as nails
I think therefore I think - I think
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

E wrote:in the votes again this week, including polling in the top 5 for the coaches votes.

At this point, i think my prediction that Noble was in our best 22 will go down in Nicks folklore.

I mean our best two players at the minute might be a steak knife and a mid season rookie draft selection. Neither touted! Both just keep working.

anyway, well done again John Noble. Your courage, hard work, calmness under presurre, leg speed, ability to run through the lines and most importantly, your precise and high quality disposal appears to finally being acknowledged!
I am so so disappointed E. I had you down for a "victory lap comment" pegged at 8:45pm Sunday evening not Tuesday two days later. You're slipping son.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

We need to strongly reconsider our recruitment paths to the Club given the recent success of Checkers, Ginnivan, Noble....and of course Max, H, Wellers and many others in the past.

There is gold in them there hills
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He's all class. Everyone acknowledges his courage, but for some reason I don't understand, some people seem to think he lacks skill and is something of a "rough diamond". Imho, he's got oodles of class to go with his fierce competitiveness. The only thing he lacks is size. For a bloke his size, he would be about the best in the whole AFL. He has great hand-eye coordination, is a terrific mark, a great decision-maker, a beautiful kick, and has a willingness and eagerness to take the game on. He is a beauty.
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

RudeBoy wrote:He's all class. Everyone acknowledges his courage, but for some reason I don't understand, some people seem to think he lacks skill and is something of a "rough diamond". Imho, he's got oodles of class to go with his fierce competitiveness. The only thing he lacks is size. For a bloke his size, he would be about the best in the whole AFL. He has great hand-eye coordination, is a terrific mark, a great decision-maker, a beautiful kick, and has a willingness and eagerness to take the game on. He is a beauty.
Couldn't agree more mate
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

One of the posters the other day captured the sentiment correctly when he said the first job of a defender is to defend and win one on ones. This has been something that Noble has struggled to do amidst other redeeming attributes. Sunday was fantastic in his defensive pressure and hope he can continue the new standard.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum