Game On. Pies v. Bulldogs. Late changes, comments.

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

shawthing wrote:
schuey07 wrote:We’re contractually obliged to play a couple of home games at marvel.
Yes but why against a side where it's their home ground? We play interstate sides at Marvel. The club should have screamed blue murder over that. But no, we roll over and take it up the proverbial every single time.

Yes, we should only be playing the interstate teams at Marvel if we’re obligated to play X amount of games a season there, but do you think the result would be any different if we were at the MCG tonight?
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

I have coached numerous junior and high school kids in football.
That half by Henry was the worst kicking at goal I have ever seen.
My school kids could have kicked so much better than that.
We have a 3rd rate ruck.
Beggs is so far from impacting the game.
It is beyond belief that he has been given 3 games in a row.
Cameron is not much better.
Shout out to Noble who tries his heart out.
I like the game plan but a number of players are either finished or not to up tostandard.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

LaurieHolden wrote:
90 nice wrote:Starting to doubt McRae as coach not sure still think we are paying the heavy price from those 2013-2021 Buckley years probably take another 10 years to get over them
Loss tonight and again v freo in Perth the seasons done time to plan prepare for 2023
Okay, I'll bite. Do us all a favour and just start your own thread and put all of your nonsensical ramblings in that.
This x1000 ;)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Midfield being smashed out of the centre. Just unable to compete with their midfield. JDG needs to lift for us to to compete in any way.
Loss of Pendles on the field has created a huge lacuna because we miss his leadership and his ability to be a lock in the chain from half back and in the centre.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Clearances = 26-10 in favour of WB

Centre Clearances = 9-2 in favour of WB

You can’t win matches with such a poor return.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
swooper
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swooper »

Poor ol Ollie. He should have at least three or four goals by now. Hopefully someone is having a wise, calm word to him at halftime
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

90 nice wrote:Starting to doubt McRae as coach not sure still think we are paying the heavy price from those 2013-2021 Buckley years probably take another 10 years to get over them
Loss tonight and again v freo in Perth the seasons done time to plan prepare for 2023

Nah, too early to doubt McRae.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
slangman
Has liked: 24 times

Post by slangman »

Jezza wrote:Ollie Henry having a very dirty night.

His confidence looks shot. Needs an experienced head to calm him down and reassure him.
How can ones confidence be shot after five minutes??

Not good enough
- Side By Side -
rambler

Post by rambler »

At least the Madgen debate is now done and dusted
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Jeezus fricken Christ! Piss off with this shit

They were runner up we finished 17th, we have a baby ruckman and a lot of kids, no Pendles and they were directly gifted 2 goals in the first quarter, plus the deliberate bulkshit call, our players have no necks and poulter gets penelised when he’s the one competing for the ball!

The season is not done, it’s about building and learning,

The dogs are crap, they only kicked one goal that quarter Dane as us! damn dreaming of you think they can take a tough team like the cats who don’t need the umpires

Now I’d like to see de Goey step up big time, and I’d love lipinski to kick a goal!

And I’d take a 2 goal loss right now!

There are a couple of arsehole dogs in my Facebook friends I hope they comment on my post I’ll block their arses! Yep it’s family and I’d love to pick ‘em!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

Jezza wrote:Clearances = 26-10 in favour of WB

It goes to show how much difference Grundy makes to the team.
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

rambler wrote:At least the Madgen debate is now done and dusted
Nice bloke but…
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Jezza wrote:Clearances = 26-10 in favour of WB

Sums it all up really.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

think positive wrote:
Jeezus fricken Christ! Piss off with this shit

They were runner up we finished 17th, we have a baby ruckman and a lot of kids, no Pendles and they were directly gifted 2 goals in the first quarter, plus the deliberate bulkshit call, our players have no necks and poulter gets penelised when he’s the one competing for the ball!

The season is not done, it’s about building and learning,

The dogs are crap, they only kicked one goal that quarter Dane as us! $$%^%%$ dreaming of you think they can take a tough team like the cats who don’t need the umpires

Now I’d like to see de Goey step up big time, and I’d love lipinski to kick a goal!

And I’d take a 2 goal loss right now!

There are a couple of arsehole dogs in my Facebook friends I hope they comment on my post I’ll block their arses! Yep it’s family and I’d love to pick ‘em!
Dear TP, I love reading your posts because they express the passion you have for our Club. Go Pies!!
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

I kinda get what you’re saying

Game plan = fine
The list = below average

The coach can only do so much with this team. McRae inherited a poor list with aging stars, very young talent but a huge gulf in the middle.