What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Presti35 »

Cocktail (1988)

Yes I watched Cocktail last night.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!

Post by #26 »

I finally watched Paul Vernhoven's Showgirls. Not great. But not nearly as awful as I was led to believe it would be.
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Going through the DVDs up in Tocumwal, Friday night was Unhinged. Had mum sitting with her mouth open and eyes like saucers. :lol:

Last night, old classic, Tango and Cash
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Spiderman No way home. Just an awful spewfest. What a pointless movie. It was as if some special effects firm wanted the movie just to showcase their ability to do special effects at the expense of a plot and acting.

In fact, the whole MCU is just overrated crap. No better than vomit on a footpath
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Got a bindi in your undies?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ no, they are just awful movies. Apart from Ironman, the rest are pointless movies. The one where Thor fights the Hulk was the worst movie I have ever seen - and that list INCLUDES Sharknado.

I just don't get the whole MCU. If the comics are as bad as the movies, then I am glad I didn't waste time or money on them.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Whatever, everyone has different tastes. I'm a comic book fan from way back so I enjoy the, loved Spiderman no way home mainly because of the blending of all the Spiderman movies, 3 Spidermen and old villains.

I'd have to be strapped to a chair to watch the kind of movies David likes and as soon as I was released I'd call the Police and claim torture. :P
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

I was bored today and watched the new Space Jam, another movie ruined by an unnecessary second movie.

Now that was truly someone wanting to show off a whole bunch of ridiculous graphics.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

I watched that last night. It wasn't horrible but the original was so much better. (That also applies for Jordan v James)

I did enjoy the little Easter eggs of the people in the crowd, all star cast of Warner Bro characters and while it started off as a Le Bron love fest it turned into watchable light entertainment.

6/10
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Rocky 3. It stands up. Benefit of hindsight a few Easter eggs in there. Loved it.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Ghostbusters Afterlife.

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

What did you think? I actually enjoyed it, especially the ending.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Well Ghostbusters 1 and 2 are up there with the likes of Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, as films I loved when I was growing up in the 80's. So I was kinda worried going in...

And I remember how I felt after the 2016 Ghostbusters.

Without giving away any spoilers. I liked it. But I felt kinda sad at the end. :cry:

FWIW, my fave was Winston when I was a kid.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Watched Jason and the Argonauts with Ingmar last night. He's been curious about Greek myths lately, so I thought it was a pretty good introduction. Features some great stop-motion animation work by Ray Harryhausen, including the skeleton army at the end of the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCGiU98vFq0
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Presti35 wrote:Ghostbusters Afterlife.

Watched it on the weekend.

Enjoyed it, have enjoyed all the movies.

The cameos were good. Ending brought a chapter to a close but if you skipped thru the credits there was an extra bit leaving it open for the next movie.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome