Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:You can understand why Nathan Buckley seems a new man this year. Why would anyone want to coach this team? Although I gave him votes Jack Crisp can’t kick. Our vice captain Taylor Adams also can’t kick. Mason Cox can’t play. Callum Brown just handballs. Sidey takes any option with the ball in his hands except the obvious one. Our best player De Goey has a problem with the grog. The shining light is Nick Daicos. His older brother is having a good year too. It was obvious McRae was rolling the dice in the last quarter sending Moore down to the forward line. We never looked like beating Brisbane though. McInnes is definitely a find and needs to be persevered with. Kreuger is another who offers us something in the forward line. And Quaynor has his faults but he gives us that run off the backline. I would hate to coach this side. When McRae gets back to Melbourne Wright should call him into the office and announce a pay rise for him. Whatever he’s on the club should double it.
This. X100
Est. 2002
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

Jezza wrote:
derkd wrote:I like the idea of throwing Moore forward...our forward line look instantly better and more organised.
We tried it last year.

Looked okay for the first game and then he was non existent in the next two so I’m a bit sceptical that it works well long term.
If we persist with Moore forward for the remainder of the year, we will win more games than if he plays in defence.

Moore, Mihocek and Krueger….that’s a forward line that you can work with!!!
- Side By Side -
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Jezza wrote:Howe's performance was underrated tonight. The one defender who was reliable throughout.

Made multiple spoils against Brisbane's talls (i.e. Daniher and McStay) and was willing to even leave his direct opponent to help his teammates.
Yep, easily the best defender. Don't know where Darcy's head was tonight. In the clouds I think, because he just didn't seem to be fully switched on, as defender anyway.
Last edited by PyreneesPie on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pep

Post by Pep »

We fought all night. Thats what we as fans want most. So happy with that.

A same old Collingwood problem, had more inside 50's but with 34% efficiency.
We need a decent consistent forward. yeah we all now that.
But we need another class mid that can deliver like Pendles can, yes we have Nick Daicos, but all the teams have 2 or 3.

Feel like the defence needs to bit tighter/accountable/organised...

Not going to blame the umps, our kicking inside F50 was our issue.

People kept putting Cal Brown down, I thought he was okay. 12 Disposal's at 75%, 7 tackles and 27 pressure acts. I know he needs to impact a bit more or be consistent... wouldn't be surprised if he's picked again... but would i prefer Poulter or McCrae come in? Yes I would lol.
Last edited by Pep on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Well this week answered a few questions for us.
It sounds like 90% of us here at Nicks are on the same page of what our team will look like next week and a cheeky 50 on the pies next round could be a value bet.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Some key statistics:

Centre clearances: Grundy 5, Adams & De Goey 3.

Clearances: Crisp 11, Grundy 7, Pendlebury, Adams, De Goey & Lipinski 4.

Contested possessions: Crisp 17, Grundy, Lipinski & Pendlebury 11.

Inside 50s: De Goey 8, Adams, Crisp & Pendlebury 6, Sidebottom, Maynard & Lipinski 5.

Score involvements: De Goey 7, Sidebottom, Kreuger, McInnes & Pendlebury 6, Crisp & Josh Daicos 5.

Goal assists: Pendlebury 3, McInnes 2, Sidebottom & WHE 1.

Intercepts: Moore 10, Pendlebury 8, Howe 7, Quaynor 6, J Daicos, Maynard & Madgen 5.

Tackles: J Daicos 9, Adams & Crisp 8, Brown 7.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

think positive wrote: Wow,that’s a bit positive, you have a fever? Doesn’t affect us marvel characters that come from coode island!

Why do you only appear when we lose?

Go away you plague rat!

You obviously got nothing better than to troll my posts, get a life
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:You can understand why Nathan Buckley seems a new man this year. Why would anyone want to coach this team? Although I gave him votes Jack Crisp can’t kick. Our vice captain Taylor Adams also can’t kick. Mason Cox can’t play. Callum Brown just handballs. Sidey takes any option with the ball in his hands except the obvious one. Our best player De Goey has a problem with the grog. The shining light is Nick Daicos. His older brother is having a good year too. It was obvious McRae was rolling the dice in the last quarter sending Moore down to the forward line. We never looked like beating Brisbane though. McInnes is definitely a find and needs to be persevered with. Kreuger is another who offers us something in the forward line. And Quaynor has his faults but he gives us that run off the backline. I would hate to coach this side. When McRae gets back to Melbourne Wright should call him into the office and announce a pay rise for him. Whatever he’s on the club should double it.
Well, that is not a very smart comment. Nathan Buckley had a major hand in creating the list that we have.
But oh well, let's not comment any further.
Of course he rolled the die, that is what you do when the situation is desperate yet hope still exists.
Why are you slandering JDG??
McRae and our team were very competitive against Brisbane at home, while we had 80% of our preferred forward line out.
Why should this game men that he should hate coaching our team??
Can't understand such negativity in response to this performance.

[/quote]
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Jezza wrote:Howe's performance was underrated tonight. The one defender who was reliable throughout.

Made multiple spoils against Brisbane's talls (i.e. Daniher and McStay) and was willing to even leave his direct opponent to help his teammates.
BOG for mine. Kept us in it.
Get back on top.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Magpietothemax wrote:This was a milestone performance.
Confirmed what Fly said 2 weeks ago. We did not fade against Geelong because of physical fatigue. We failed due to the mental and emotional effort of adhering to a game style that we are still learning.
Tonight we confirmed that we are physically strong enough, and mentally as well.
We have found some beauties in Reef and Kreuger.
We are mentally tough enough.
I take so much optimism from that game.
We had 80% of our preferred forward line out, yet almost won the game.
Well done to our coaches and the team.
With Beau and the Genie about to come back, I think Anzac day is looking pretty good.
Great post
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Has Collingwood ever won a game after Darcy Moore is moved forward in the last quarter? Although he got on the end of a couple of goals tonight I still prefer to have him driving forward from the back line.
Nathan Kruger looked promising till he lines up for set shots
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Pep

Post by Pep »

derkd wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:Great Effort to get in with Single Digits after the Terrible Side that was Selected

No Shock Moore and Kreuger was a Massive Upgrade from the 2 Duds in Cameron and Cox.

Also Brought Nobel on for Cameron and we looked way better

Both Daicos good Again.

De Goey good last Qtr just Missing for 1st 3 Qtrs

Hopefully last AFL Games for Madgen/C Brown/Cox/Cameron
Always been my knock on him. I won't be unhappy if he head elsewhere next year if we can land another top 10 pick for him...win!
I understand what you guys are saying, but if JDG kicked 4 goals against us, and 3 in one qtr, you would be pissed lol. Unless we won haha
Last edited by Pep on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Considering i thought pre game, a fuur goal loss, im pretty chuffed about that very competitive effort. A bottom two team, ran a top four team to only seven points, on their own pissing ground, was a terrific effort, very pleasing. Tweak the team a bit m ore, coupld of inns and outs, and we can get back on the winning list pronto. Now we have a long rest, so load up for the big Anzac day clash, and hit the Bombers real hard, we cannot go 2-4, time to hit back hard, against a team about equal too us. Yeh, im quite pleased tonight, we had a red hot go, all i ask for.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

ANNODAM wrote:
think positive wrote: Wow,that’s a bit positive, you have a fever? Doesn’t affect us marvel characters that come from coode island!

Why do you only appear when we lose?

Go away you plague rat!

You obviously got nothing better than to troll my posts, get a life
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

^ Not on the Bellarine I hope!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!