Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Pi

Post by Pi »

Japanese toilets ,

https://acollectionofmusings.wordpress. ... r-dummies/

I understood the first four icon images , but I don't understand bottom two, the last one looks physically impossible.
Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Over 40 degrees on Saturday, Sunday morning bit cooler and overcast so after my walk, reset the timers on the watering system to go off every day instead of every 3rd day packed up and started driving back to Melbourne, just as it started spitting rain bit before 11am.

Got home, unpacked and did some shopping, then settled back and see on Facebook people posting photos of a car underwater, flooded golf course and Trees knocked over.

Apparently little storm blew in just after I left. 60mm of rain in 2 hours. :shock:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Housing prices in Tocumwal have gone ridiculous since Covid hit. Whole new estate being built on the Eastern Fringe, people abandoning Melbourne in droves and resorting to pleading on Facebook for rentals.

I bought my place up there, run down deceased estate in original 70's condition in 2017 for $132k. The estimated medium value online is now $325k which doesn't take into account any of the work I've done, it's just based on similar sales.

A house about 200m up the road was bought in 2018, 12 months after I got mine, for $120k. Asbestos clad shoebox on 2/3 of my block , original condition.

In 3 years absolutely nothing has been done to it and it's now on the market for $285k to $315k. :shock: If it sells in that range, that's nuts.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

The market is crazy that’s why we sold our rental, we would have been happy with 600 and got $700k, Even hubby felt guilty!

Seems a fairly relatively cheap market up here
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

FOMO driving a lot of sales.

Will be interesting to see if those who have gone for a sea/tree change during the last 12 months, change their minds when the reality of living in a regional area sinks in. Lots of benefits to living outside the city but you don't always have the same facilities like healthcare.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Yeah, facilities were one of the things that helped me convince mum to move to Melbourne. Toc Hospital is little more than a palliative care facility now, the nearest decent hospital is in Shep.

With the amount of development in town, it looks like people will be staying. Sell the house in Melbourne for $1M+, buy something bigger and newer in Toc for $450k, pocket the savings.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

We've been wanting to sea-change for 4-5 years now, studied property prices full on for years. Yes Covid definitely jacked prices up over the last 18 months but I do believe they've peaked where we are looking.

Sales were strong up until 3 months ago with many properties now sitting there or being taken off the market. I've also noticed 2 properties in our watch area have dropped their prices significantly.

We are now preparing ourselves for a March April auction in the burbs and to take early retirement down the coast.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Yeah it’s the problem I’ve found where I live now, too far to anything. I like major regional centres and looks like I’ll be moving to one early in the new year with a new job.

Although we do have a hospital and a health centre and plenty of nursing g homes!!!
roar

Post by roar »

We turned our Melbourne house into a flat and a country house. Been wanting to do it for years but finally the business was at a stage where we didn't have to be there all the time, and the kids were old enough to go out on their own (with a bit of help from the parents, of course).

Now with the work from home option there are many people taking the plunge. No doubt, some will return to the city but I think the move to rural areas will be a trend that continues for a while.
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

that's pretty much my plan. I want to keep a base in Melbourne but selling and buying a flat/townhouse looks like not enough change leftover so I'm contemplating a knockdown/rebuild development.

For now, I'll start by getting a shed built on the bush property so I can have some storage. Measured it up last weekend, looking at a 4.5x9m with a carport in front. Gte it powered and plumbed with a dunny and capacity for a shower I'll be able to convert part to a bed sit apartment if I decide to renovate in future.
roar

Post by roar »

^^ We were also contemplating developing our city property but currently materials and labour are extremely hard to get hold of and very expensive so we decided against it. Mainly because we couldn't face another year in the city.
kill for collingwood!
Dark Beanie

Post by Dark Beanie »

Mums 80th birthday at the end of the month and my youngest sister has been organising family get together.

Had booked High tea at Crown for all the girls (mums sisters, daughters & granddaughters), followed by mini golf at Holey Moley for everyone and then dinner.

She just rang them to pay the deposit and Crown said sorry, cancelling our booking as they want to fit in a bigger group! They didn't even have the courtesy to ring and let her know.

And Holey Moley has now said we can't have anyone under 18 in the group after 5pm.

Seriously these places are whinging about lack of business etc. what a joke. No effort to accommodate our bookings. They don't deserve out business.

Sister is now trying to sort out some other options.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Wow that really stinks that’s so disgusting I’d put it on their Facebook page!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Dark Beanie

Post by Dark Beanie »

Booked prior to Christmas.

Now other places, such as the Windsor, are booked out.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Thats bullshit, bumping your booking to fit in a bigger one. I'd leave reviews on Facebook, Google and every place I could.