Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

On a mission from god...
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

I'm wary of exceeding my quota of Olympics-bashing for the year, but if you ever wanted an example of how idiotic these big sports organisations are, look no further than this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/norway-bea ... i-bottoms/
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

bit late, signed the petition 2 days ago! madness
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

It is interesting but it's not the Olympic rules, each sport has their own rules.

Women Beach Volleyballers don't have to wear bikinis but most do.

The German female Gymnasts wore full piece long limbed leotards instead of the usual crotch flossers as a form of protest, but it's fine because they're allowed under the rules.

You want to do a true Olympic WTF, check out the start of the Triathlon. They did the start gun while a camera boat was in the road of the competitors so half couldn't dive in, then the boat tried to get out of the road by reversing toward the competitors that were n the water, with potential to mulch some with it's propeller
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

stui magpie wrote:
You want to do a true Olympic WTF, check out the start of the Triathlon. They did the start gun while a camera boat was in the road of the competitors so half couldn't dive in, then the boat tried to get out of the road by reversing toward the competitors that were n the water, with potential to mulch some with it's propeller
Good grief!!! That is simply unbelievable!!!
I'm assuming that no-one was hurt, therefore it's okay to have a bit of chuckle about such incredibly absurd situation! :lol:
think positive

Post by think positive »

that was crazy, so dangerous.

love the germans full suits, they look so good,

and Pink is paying the fines!!!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

PyreneesPie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Good grief!!! That is simply unbelievable!!!
I'm assuming that no-one was hurt, therefore it's okay to have a bit of chuckle about such incredibly absurd situation! :lol:
Although apparently one of the Aussie’s suffered a broken nose when he got kicked in the face as he must have been in the half in the water.
David

Post by David »

Last edited by David on Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Not knowing a thing about either party and just going on face value, seems totally plausible to me.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David

Post by David »

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I have zero surprise that they exist, I'm discovering increasing numbers of utterly self absorbed people who think they're being attacked at the mere suggestion that they may not be 100% correct.

And if people will watch them on reality TV shows like Bachelor or MAFS, I'm sure someone will read their op-ed's
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

A bloke at work who had a bad history of sexual harrassment (and nowadays would have been booted out of the Army) was selected by the female contestant as her date on a show (forgot its name) and they sent them to Great Keppell for a holiday. Within 10 minutes of being there this grub went into her room demanding sex. She went straight to the producers and she flew back to Melbourne an hour later. Show never went to air.

He is now working at RMIT in a HR position. Unbelievable.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
think positive

Post by think positive »

sounds like they deserved each other,

and then the other, Go Kitty!!!
he still looks pretty damn hot, and by the time she starts to fade and sag, he will be too old to want another!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

ronrat wrote:A bloke at work who had a bad history of sexual harrassment (and nowadays would have been booted out of the Army) was selected by the female contestant as her date on a show (forgot its name) and they sent them to Great Keppell for a holiday. Within 10 minutes of being there this grub went into her room demanding sex. She went straight to the producers and she flew back to Melbourne an hour later. Show never went to air.

He is now working at RMIT in a HR position. Unbelievable.
You sure he's still there?

I'm assuming the dating show was Perfect match which was a fair while back, there's not that many blokes in HR at RMIT who would be in the right age bracket
Pi

Post by Pi »

I didn't know anything like this existed,

https://www.theage.com.au/world/asia/in ... 58g1d.html

presumably they will just ask

Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica