Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

melliot wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:^ Safe to say Billy will win our "Player of the Week". I admire so much his tenacity to come back from injury, over and over again.
And "All the Goals" will be longer than 1 minutes viewing.!
Last edited by K on Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

schuey07 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:Something I was wondering about during the game - why did we trade Seedsman? Was it because he was a bit injury prone or was he part of a deal to get someone else? Treloar maybe? Those two long goals he kicked were just magnificent.
I think he had a clash with the coach.
Correct. He wasn’t a Buckleyite. Liked the nightlife too much. Good enough reason for clueless to get rid of him.
Jatsad - That is all
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

[quote="Lazza"]Also time for the posters who want to delist C. Brown to man up and admit that they were premature in wanting him out. I thought his performance with doing the one percenters was elite. Top game from Browny.
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Some good observations here.

Bianco has footy iq in spades. So so impressive.
Poulter is already a fine player. I think we have a gem here.
Rantall was good - solid.
Lynch was so much better than his previous game. Thought he competed really well. Clearly a very popular teammate too.
Daicos was silky
Sidebottom - looks like he is getting his mojo back a bit - shows what continuity means
Pendlebury - best game for ages - showed more strength
IQ - really struggled at times but also did some good things. He is strong now though - credit for keeping his head in the game
Cameron - was poor but kept at it and stood up at the end - good sign
Maynard - he’s back baby!
De Goey - though he showed some glimpses of leadership - more please
Moore - a gun - needs to work a bit on his one on one work if he wants to be the best in the AFL
Roughead - very dependable
Billy Elliott - phenomenal game - 27 ratings points - incredible
Crisp - good and bad - can’t fault effort
WHE - playing pretty well now
JT - played his role
Murphy - moves well but needs to mark better and contribute more

Great to see the Pies play a positive brand of footy in the first quarter and tough it out to win.

While I am critical of the coaching style I also back in Wrighty and will accept his call.

At least we can see glimpses of the future now and that always gives us hope
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
K

Post by K »

PyreneesPie wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:Something I was wondering about during the game - why did we trade Seedsman? Was it because he was a bit injury prone or was he part of a deal to get someone else? Treloar maybe? Those two long goals he kicked were just magnificent.
Because we wanted and secured Jeremy Howe in the trade
Aaah. I had a feeling it enabled an important trade for us. :wink: Thanks.
It was a complicated mega-trade:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/198091/mega ... swap-clubs
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jatsad wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Correct. He wasn’t a Buckleyite. Liked the nightlife too much. Good enough reason for clueless to get rid of him.
Well you seem to not read all the posts on this thread dude. Seedsman in his own words is quoted as saying that he needed the delisting to make him stop his party ways and take footy seriously. So Bucks actually did him a favour
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
swooper
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swooper »

PyreneesPie wrote:So very proud of our motley crew. What fighters!!!!

Wish Billy could be cloned :) He's an absolute marvel, the way he keeps bringing himself back from injury. Such dedication and determination. So happy for him that he was the star of our show tonight !!

The other thing that absolutely blew me away - a run of goals from Bianco, Poulter and Daics - that got us back in front in third quarter. There's our future right there!!!!
Yes great point. Loving the kids
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

jatsad wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Remember we were always in the media for our bad culture? The drug rumours? The drug scandal that was leaked. The rat club. Yeah wish that had kept going. Fact is Seedsman wasn’t putting the effort in and just skating by on the paddock to live the lifestyle off it. Wellingham was another. But just because he did a couple of good things today, he’s suddenly a superstar who could have won us premierships. Dream on
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Wow,so good to have a win again,especially a close one like that.Can’t wait to see the replay tomorrow.

And Jaimie Elliott,you are a God!I said several years ago that I would like to have his babies.Well,that ship has sailed now,unfortunately .I’ll just have to get one of Nicole Kidman”s incubators to do it for me.I ‘m not giving up on this!
K

Post by K »

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
True mate, yes, maybe a Chivas Regal too. Actually, i have an unopened bottle of Collingwood 2010 Premiership Port, that i vowed not too open till we won our next flag. Needless too say, its nicely matured by now, 11 yrs, LOL, so hopefully wont be tooooo much longer. ! :P :lol:
:lol: You must be a man of great patience and considerable will power Piesnchess. :) I drank mine in 2011 I think :D :D
May you consume yours quicker than you anticipate!!!! :wink:
gees I think mine lasted til about 1/2 way through October...2010!

I think we all deserve a drink guys, what a game! Too nerve wracking at the end, but hey, man , how good is this happy feeling!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:Geezus $$%^%%$ Christ is anyone still breathing! How good didthat feel!

jaimeeeeeeeee. Sidey! Well done Pies well $$%^%%$ done, and I don’t give a shit that the other team is shit too!

Time for a well deserved Jimmy Beam , hey T P ! 8)
straight up mate, straight up!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Remember we were always in the media for our bad culture? The drug rumours? The drug scandal that was leaked. The rat club. Yeah wish that had kept going. Fact is Seedsman wasn’t putting the effort in and just skating by on the paddock to live the lifestyle off it. Wellingham was another. But just because he did a couple of good things today, he’s suddenly a superstar who could have won us premierships. Dream on
Wellingham was an integral part of our last premiership and a much higher-quality footballer than Seedsman. Seedsman is having his best season but he is 29 and its his 10th season of senior football - and he hasn't really done much since he left Collingwood. He's only played 72 games in his 6 seasons at Adelaide. You'd like him in the team in his present form but, really, he probably doesn't have much good footy ahead of him.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Remember we were always in the media for our bad culture? The drug rumours? The drug scandal that was leaked. The rat club. Yeah wish that had kept going. Fact is Seedsman wasn’t putting the effort in and just skating by on the paddock to live the lifestyle off it. Wellingham was another. But just because he did a couple of good things today, he’s suddenly a superstar who could have won us premierships. Dream on
MM, you seem to always have all the inside information on the personal lives of players we have traded. I remember also you had some absolutely devastating information on the misdemeanours of Stepho, who apparently according to your sources trashed a hotel room and stole a couple of beers, naturally justifying the decsion of Bux and others to eject him from the club... :roll:
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Steady on. No-one here is saying that he should still be playing for us, Mr M.
Being impressed by something an opposition player executes can be just that. An admiration for a skill well performed. Sometimes curiosity is just simply that too - there doesn't have to have a hidden agenda behind it. :wink: