Post Match. Cats down Pies . All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

winpies wrote:[quote="I was hoping for a Blow Out as might mean Change would Happen Finally
That's the spirit! Wonderful support shown right there :!:[/quote]

Disagree with this philosophy. Love for Collingwood FC sometimes means that you are passionate about a change to the status quo when that status quo is unacceptable. If you see a blow out as the only mechanism leading to that, then you will hope for one. Refusal to consider such an opinion is simply blind acceptance of the status quo.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Magpietothemax wrote:
think positive wrote: Speaking of broken records......
I thought Sidey did a heap today, yes he’s slowed down a heap, but he was far from the worst and I had him pegged for 5.
I agree, I thought Sidey was OK today. His miss on goal was disappointing, but there were many others who did likewise. He more often than not was a link in the chain to get us forward. He is not cooked just yet.
A team-high 8 score involvements. He's still averaging 25 disposals a game this season, second-only to Crisp. He's not the player he was but he's still in our top 5, however you cut it, week in and week out.
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

PyreneesPie wrote:
winpies wrote:[quote="I was hoping for a Blow Out as might mean Change would Happen Finally
That's the spirit! Wonderful support shown right there :!:
It's truly uplifting! :lol:[/quote]

Much better to keep having honourable losses, to keep the status quo going. It’s clearly worked for the last 10 years.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:I won't be fooled by that last 5 minute rally to turn a comatose 5 goal loss into an honourable 2 goal loss. We were putrid again for 115 minutes and great for 5. I would say, as too did Tom Hawkins after the game that the Cats got complacent in this game. How boring it was. Look at the first 115 minutes how we played, not the last 5 minutes. Geelong complacency was the only thing saving us from a belting. I won't take this result as hope for the future, nobody should. It only esures this shitshow continues its run.

Cats were not complacent, they would have loved to have belted us for their percentage. The ageiing Cats smashed the Tigers by 11 goals i will take a ten point loss against this power house forward line anyday,, and our kids were great give them some credit, that might be an idea. :o
Spoken like a man who had the very good sense not to watch the match. You couldn't possibly be saying that if you'd seen any of it.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Many people keep raving about how good our defence has been all year, but to my eye, it's their poor movement of the ball from defence which has made it near impossible for our forwards to have much chance at all of competing one on one with their opponents. Chris Mayne is our worst offender, but the others aren't much better. Only Quaynor has the guts to take the game on and attack from defence.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

RudeBoy wrote:Many people keep raving about how good our defence has been all year, but to my eye, it's their poor movement of the ball from defence which has made it near impossible for our forwards to have much chance at all of competing one on one with their opponents. Chris Mayne is our worst offender, but the others aren't much better. Only Quaynor has the guts to take the game on and attack from defence.
Yes, of course. No one in our team, defence included, is immune from the Bux mantra of keeping possession at all costs.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

its the gameplan

Its the gamestyle

thats it.

Why oh why do we persist......this way...........ultra frustrating.

Go direct we can score

Surely everyone can see what the problem is. i know it cant be fixed this year. Play all the kids
Then throw this idiotic gamestyle out the window. Give the players free reign to just go fast and forward.

Every week same thing. Seriously
The Great Macedonian Marvel
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

doriswilgus wrote:Buckley suggested in his press conference that Pendlebury is carrying some sort of injury^.Maybe that’s the reason for his recent form?
He put his finger in Josh Thomas mouth and got it bitten and needed stitches

I'm not making this up....

Well, I'm not making up what Buckley said happened (been scarred by frisbees etc)
We just got nutted at the clearances...
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

The_Staunton wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:Buckley suggested in his press conference that Pendlebury is carrying some sort of injury^.Maybe that’s the reason for his recent form?

Well, I'm not making up what Buckley said happened (been scarred by frisbees etc)
What??? Ok, so now we have a new formula. No longer nutted at clearances. Scarred by frisbees instead
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

masoncox wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:I disagree with all those who are already laying off Pendles to pasture. He was not nearly as bad today as they are attempting to portray. He is not at his brilliant best, but he was often a crucial link in our forward play to keep the ball inside F50. P2016 has also explained that he was playing injured today. You just should never dismiss a champion like Pendles in such a light minded manner.
He can't bend over to pick up the ball.
He fumbles now when not so long ago he never did.
He has lost a yard of pace and his reaction time is slightly less than before.
Father time is cruel.
You lose 1% of your talent and the gods get angry with you.
It is time for him to out with dignity.
Or can he play backflank?????

I don't know
So do you want Bianco to learn the game from a 300 game superstar past his peak or Biancos fellow team mates like Poulter, MacRae or Rantall ?
The next two years are all about getting the most out of our young talent and part of that is on the job training from the best. That means a lot more right now than retiring a bloke who now gets caught with the ball occasionally.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Magpietothemax wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:

What??? Ok, so now we have a new formula. No longer nutted at clearances. Scarred by frisbees instead
I knew it was the Frisbees fault, even when we were talking about poor list management, shocking corporate governance and a coach who would not last 3 seasons in the Riverina Football league, I knew it was the Frisbees!
Last edited by Ronnie McKeowns boots on Sat May 29, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:I won't be fooled by that last 5 minute rally to turn a comatose 5 goal loss into an honourable 2 goal loss. We were putrid again for 115 minutes and great for 5. I would say, as too did Tom Hawkins after the game that the Cats got complacent in this game. How boring it was. Look at the first 115 minutes how we played, not the last 5 minutes. Geelong complacency was the only thing saving us from a belting. I won't take this result as hope for the future, nobody should. It only esures this shitshow continues its run.

Cats were not complacent, they would have loved to have belted us for their percentage. The ageiing Cats smashed the Tigers by 11 goals i will take a ten point loss against this power house forward line anyday,, and our kids were great give them some credit, that might be an idea. :o
That Cats were farting around most of the game and only upped the pace to ice the game. Scott wouldn't have been happy with their complacent error ridden performance. That said, they were undermanned too with most of their A-grade midfield out.They made us look good when they took their foot off the pedal towards the end. Our performance was characterized by poor skills, poor decision making and a game plan that blind freddy could counter. Our kids are struggling to do well under an incompetent coach and his even more incompetent assistants. I see them learning lots of bad habits which a new coach (and may be he come sooner rather than later) will have to undo if he can.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
PeterD35

Post by PeterD35 »

The one good thing about current game Plan is that it brings our opponents down to our level. How can anyone spend there hard earned cash watching this boring style of footy. Once again we only played for 1 quarter the rest of the game was like watching school kids play. I really do not care if we lose by 10 points or 100 points a loss is a loss but losing by taking the game on and playing exciting AFL should be the focus. Good to see some of the youngsters showing some good signs about the only plus for this season.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Pies2016 wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:I disagree with all those who are already laying off Pendles to pasture. He was not nearly as bad today as they are attempting to portray. He is not at his brilliant best, but he was often a crucial link in our forward play to keep the ball inside F50. P2016 has also explained that he was playing injured today. You just should never dismiss a champion like Pendles in such a light minded manner.
He can't bend over to pick up the ball.
He fumbles now when not so long ago he never did.
He has lost a yard of pace and his reaction time is slightly less than before.
Father time is cruel.
You lose 1% of your talent and the gods get angry with you.
It is time for him to out with dignity.
Or can he play backflank?????

I don't know
So do you want Bianco to learn the game from a 300 game superstar past his peak or Biancos fellow team mates like Poulter, MacRae or Rantall ?
The next two years are all about getting the most out of our young talent and part of that is on the job training from the best. That means a lot more right now than retiring a bloke who now gets caught with the ball occasionally.
We have coaches to tell him what to do.
I never thought Pendles was a great online leader.
Great player not a great leader.
I don't want Pendles to leave as a broken down hack.
He needs to go out with great dignity.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

masoncox wrote: We have coaches to tell him what to do.
I never thought Pendles was a great online leader.
Great player not a great leader.
I don't want Pendles to leave as a broken down hack.
He needs to go out with great dignity.
What?? You think our current coaching regime can be trusted to tell him what to do??
Would prefer Pendles to be at his side until we change up the coaching regime.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins