Post Match. Cats down Pies . All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

Maynes 32 disposal performance was one of the most ineffectual and momentum killing in all my years of watching football.

Take note how opposition teams rarely man the mark when he has the ball because they know that he will rarely, if ever, kick the ball forward more than 15m or for that matter, even play on and run forward to gain an extra 15-20m before kicking.
He stifles our attack more than the opposition does.

Time for change.
Last edited by slangman on Sat May 29, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Side By Side -
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

The last quarter this week and the last 3 minutes last week prove that we have a half decent squad, we just have a shit system and coaching staff.

When we ignore conservative keepings-off soccer-style football, we look likely and I enjoy watching. When we shackle ourselves to some Buckley mantra that has been fruitless for ten years, we look like utter tripe.

This is the fourth time in 30 games we have entered the three quarter time break with just one goal. Like seriously, WT actual F???
Est. 2002
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

I disagree with all those who are already laying off Pendles to pasture. He was not nearly as bad today as they are attempting to portray. He is not at his brilliant best, but he was often a crucial link in our forward play to keep the ball inside F50. P2016 has also explained that he was playing injured today. You just should never dismiss a champion like Pendles in such a light minded manner.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Another outstanding game by C.Brown.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Buckley suggested in his press conference that Pendlebury is carrying some sort of injury^.Maybe that’s the reason for his recent form?
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

doriswilgus wrote:Buckley suggested in his press conference that Pendlebury is carrying some sort of injury^.Maybe that’s the reason for his recent form?
Then f***ing rest him.
Est. 2002
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Was watching game on Fox (in a Brisbane pub) then the hoons changed channel to Panthers (Rugby) so didn’t see 2nd half

I see in AFL post match Bianco got in best player,s.

Was that adjudged by Nicksters too
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Magpietothemax wrote:I disagree with all those who are already laying off Pendles to pasture. He was not nearly as bad today as they are attempting to portray. He is not at his brilliant best, but he was often a crucial link in our forward play to keep the ball inside F50. P2016 has also explained that he was playing injured today. You just should never dismiss a champion like Pendles in such a light minded manner.
He can't bend over to pick up the ball.
He fumbles now when not so long ago he never did.
He has lost a yard of pace and his reaction time is slightly less than before.
Father time is cruel.
You lose 1% of your talent and the gods get angry with you.
It is time for him to out with dignity.
Or can he play backflank?????

I don't know
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Raw Hammer wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:Buckley suggested in his press conference that Pendlebury is carrying some sort of injury^.Maybe that’s the reason for his recent form?
Then f***ing rest him.
Exactly. Why would Bux proffer that as an excuse?? Just so dumb. When I get the courage up, I will watch his presser.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Back bucks

Post by Back bucks »

I am hoping Hawthorn and North have good wins to put us on the bottom of the ladder. We need a wake up call like this within the club to get a complete overhaul. Sidey and Pendles have been good servants ,but need to retire . There are many others who should do the same or be stood down and replaced with talent from the seconds . Clean out the coaches and start again. Is Luke Hodge a coach in waiting ? I would back him in to coach us in the future. We need a general.
I blame my hair loss on supporting Collingwood for 50 years
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Back bucks wrote:I am hoping Hawthorn and North have good wins to put us on the bottom of the ladder. We need a wake up call like this within the club to get a complete overhaul. Sidey and Pendles have been good servants ,but need to retire . There are many others who should do the same or be stood down and replaced with talent from the seconds . Clean out the coaches and start again. Is Luke Hodge a coach in waiting ? I would back him in to coach us in the future. We need a general.
Well...at least you are not living up to your name. That is positive.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

The general feeling is that Bianco played a very good game especially being his debut game. He kicked it accurately and read the game beautifully. He will be a lock in soon enough.

Pendles wasnt himself today and probably was injured.

2021 is done and dusted so get the players into surgery now and have them cleaned up and ready to go for 2022.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

[quote="I was hoping for a Blow Out as might mean Change would Happen Finally[/quote]

That's the spirit! Wonderful support shown right there :!:
carn the mighty pies!
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

winpies wrote:[quote="I was hoping for a Blow Out as might mean Change would Happen Finally
That's the spirit! Wonderful support shown right there :!:[/quote]

Some of us want this shit show to end. A big loss would have to be the catalyst to see Bucks removed.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

winpies wrote:[quote="I was hoping for a Blow Out as might mean Change would Happen Finally
That's the spirit! Wonderful support shown right there :!:[/quote]

It's truly uplifting! :lol: