Post Match. Pies rumble Roos. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 18 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

David wrote:Yes, I noticed McCreery’s efforts too. Only four touches, but most tackles of any single player on the ground. Deserves to hold his spot imho.
Yes, McCreery's chasing and tackling was great to watch.
Not only does he chase like a madman but, due to his size, looks threatening.

However, what we most liked about McCreery's first games was that he kicked goals.
I hope the coaching staff don't turn him into a chasing robot (a la Cal Brown).
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

PyreneesPie wrote:Just watched again Pendles kick that amazing goal from a baulk and turn.
How he could even think to do that and so quickly just amazes me. It's simply extraordinary.
absolutely love seeing pendles at his best, he still has some really good moments of it, just wish he had some support around him now like he has been for so many
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
KickTruly

Post by KickTruly »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:I see us winning between 5-7 games total, should put us anywhere between about 12th-15th. Next year will very much depend on our young brigade mostly doing ok and us having a good year with injuries. Besides other issues. I'm not expecting us to play finals for a year or two - depends if we 'reset' or 'rebuild, but I actually don't see much point in resetting. I just can't see how we'd get the cattle as we have so little to bargain with next year.
Nah, only one more win for the Magpies this year, against Norf again if we play them.
We'll finish 17th this year.
Next year under a new coach, the trust and motivation will be back and we will start winning again.
Think MAGPIES...winning the Flag this year!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I love McCreery's tackling pressure. He's got a real menace about him which we have missed for some time. Nevertheless, the last couple of games, I reckon he has looked buggered late in the games, so perhaps a 'rest' in the ressies for a few weeks wouldn't hurt him.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

KickTruly wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:I see us winning between 5-7 games total, should put us anywhere between about 12th-15th. Next year will very much depend on our young brigade mostly doing ok and us having a good year with injuries. Besides other issues. I'm not expecting us to play finals for a year or two - depends if we 'reset' or 'rebuild, but I actually don't see much point in resetting. I just can't see how we'd get the cattle as we have so little to bargain with next year.
Nah, only one more win for the Magpies this year, against Norf again if we play them.
Next year under a new coach, the trust and motivation will be back and we will start winning again.
We don't play North again but we will win some more games this season, we're bad... but not that bad.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

KickTruly wrote:
No not 17th. They will finish in the 8 - 14 bracket I reckon.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
KickTruly wrote:
We don't play North again but we will win some more games this season, we're bad... but not that bad.

Yeh, get Tay, Howe, Jamie back and some wins will come, we might even cause an upset or two, footy is a funny game. you never know. :wink:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

We're only 3 games out of the top 4, now.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Only two games behind Richmond as well^ :) That one point loss to the Lions after the siren has been an absolute killer for us.It knocked the stuffing out of us.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Abdul The Bull wrote:What was especially noticeable - even on television - was DeGoey's lack of defensive effort
Still had more tackles (1!) than WHE, Murphy and Henry
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

doriswilgus wrote:Only two games behind Richmond as well^ :) That one point loss to the Lions after the siren has been an absolute killer for us.It knocked the stuffing out of us.
Yep, have to say 3 and 5 would seem a lot more manageable right now than 2 and 6. :(
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

If Thomas hasn’t been dropped by now, then it won’t be happening this week.
His last month has been “ improved “, albeit off a very low base.
You need mature bodies against the Swans, particularly on their small ground.
He’s a certainty.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Pies2016 wrote:If Thomas hasn’t been dropped by now, then it won’t be happening this week.
His last month has been “ improved “, albeit off a very low base.
You need mature bodies against the Swans, particularly on their small ground.
He’s a certainty.
Well if that’s the case, he needs to step up, start firing and playing with purpose. Last chance cafe. Start firing or get fired.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

The North vs Pies game set to Benny Hill music.

AFL SpoonBowl 2021 - North vs Pies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arj7ssuJPRY
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ it's funny coz it's true
Fighting against the objectification of woman.