Post Match. Suns sink Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Seeing Jamie Elliott wont be back for weeks, is a forward line of Cameron, Cox, and Checkers a viable option ? That way, Cameron can play CHF, and Moore can go back to CHB, where is his true position. ? Yeh, its a tall forward line, but opposing defenders would have their work cut out for them, if the ball can be delivered better too our forwards. Be worth a shot, change things up a bit i reckon.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Piesnchess wrote:Seeing Jamie Elliott wont be back for weeks, is a forward line of Cameron, Cox, and Checkers a viable option ? That way, Cameron can play CHF, and Moore can go back to CHB, where is his true position. ? Yeh, its a tall forward line, but opposing defenders would have their work cut out for them, if the ball can be delivered better too our forwards. Be worth a shot, change things up a bit i reckon.
Yep Piesnchess, I see no reason why this can't be tried, along with any other
reasonable option. There's a bit of a mystery though as to what Cox's "soreness" might be that kept him out of the VFL last week. Could he have fallen out with Bucks?
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Seeing Jamie Elliott wont be back for weeks, is a forward line of Cameron, Cox, and Checkers a viable option ? That way, Cameron can play CHF, and Moore can go back to CHB, where is his true position. ? Yeh, its a tall forward line, but opposing defenders would have their work cut out for them, if the ball can be delivered better too our forwards. Be worth a shot, change things up a bit i reckon.
reasonable option. There's a bit of a mystery though as to what Cox's "soreness" might be that kept him out of the VFL last week. Could he have fallen out with Bucks?
Cox is intelligent so I assume that he has.
In major sports in the USA players quite frequently just stop playing if they decide that they want to be traded out in the next season, as they do not want to injure themselves. I may be way out of line there, but it's a possibility.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Cox is intelligent so I assume that he has.
In major sports in the USA players quite frequently just stop playing if they decide that they want to be traded out in the next season, as they do not want to injure themselves. I may be way out of line there, but it's a possibility.
Very funny re the intelligence of Coxy!!! :lol:

That's an interesting option to explain his "soreness". Makes a lot of sense for players to do that and particularly in Mason's case, where I believe he still has further eye surgery to come? Or maybe he just want to do a "Dusty" and go home to visit his family. (It must have been particularly tough for him in this regard during the Covid outbreak).

It's intriguing and interesting to speculate :)
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Or, he might just have been "sore". Liam McMahon missed the game "ill" and I don't think we thought that was code for anything.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Pies4shaw wrote:Or, he might just have been "sore". Liam McMahon missed the game "ill" and I don't think we thought that was code for anything.
Quite a viable option of course :wink: Just having some light hearted banter :)
The injury report says he had "hamstring tightness".
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Years ago General Soreness was an unpopular member of the injury panel. Looks like he has made a comeback
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!