What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

ROXANNNNE! Ilove Eddie!! Beverley hills cop!

Watch the college admissions thing on Netflix, wow, just wow!

I tried watching some French thing called the cabin, didn’t last the first episode! Ugh, watching the new season of orange is the new black. Easyviewing!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Pies4shaw wrote:48 hours contains some of Eddie Murphy's greatest moments. I don't recall the sequel, I don't think.
Agree, and it's better you don't remember the sequel.
kill for collingwood!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Run. Thriller, not bad

Thunderforce, cringing comedy

Unhinged with Russell Crowe, holy fricken hell, terrifying at times
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Unhinged is pretty damn good.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

i love 16 candles!! shocked you know it!!
David

Post by David »

I've been on the Hughes bandwagon for a long time! The Breakfast Club is also a classic. :)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

King Kong (1976)

Starring Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lange. I was expecting to be bored watching this, but I actually kind of liked it. Langes character was a little strange tho. It was her first acting role. And I didn't like how they were saying Kong was trying to rape her. Like how is that possible?? The expressions on Kongs face were a bit creepy at times too. And some of the cast kept saying "monkey" when Kong is an ape. (Both primates, I know, just being picky).

Features the World Trade Center instead of the Empire State Building which was different. And choppers instead of aircraft. Lacks the sadness and emotion of the '05 ending.

Godzilla (2014)

Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Look it's better than the 1998 film. But I felt like it lacks the shock and awe. It sucks you in at the start with an interesting plot, but I wish they'd have their big monster fights during the day so you can see whats going on. 85% approval on rotten tomatoes.

Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Starring Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson and John Goodman. Man I was loving this at the start. But you just want to slap Samuel L Jacksons character. It's one of those films where you rewind to watch the death scenes again to make sure you got it all. It has an Apocalypse Now/Vietnam War vibe to it. The soundtrack is killer good. I'll look for that on vinyl if it's out. I thought it was ok without being great.

It's not a traditional Kong, which is good and bad. It may leave you feeling "it's just not Kong". He's absolutely massive in this one. Bigger then the Empire State building anyway.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Now you'll have to watch the 2005 King King and Mighty Joe Young :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

stui magpie wrote:Now you'll have to watch the 2005 King King and Mighty Joe Young :P
:lol:

Scroll back 2 pages for the '05 Kong :wink:
David

Post by David »

Only real film buffs will know of this King Kong adaptation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMh3GCB0U08
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Wag the Dog (1997)

Starring Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro and Anne Heche. Denis Leary, Willie Nelson, Kirsten Dunst, William H. Macy and Woody Harrelson also appear in the film with Jay Leno and James Belushi both playing themselves in minor roles.

This was something a little bit different. It centres around some kind of public relations character and a Hollywood producer who fabricate a war in Albania to distract the public from a presidential sex scandal whilst leading up to the election.

A little bit weird, but I liked it.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

“Mank” on Netflix. Great film. It helps if you’ve seen or know about Citizen Kane, Orson Wells and some Hollywood history but not mandatory.

Brilliant performances by Gary Oldham as Herman Mankiewicz and Amanda Seyfried as Marion Davies.

Trailer

https://youtu.be/aSfX-nrg-lI

Wikipedia on Herman Mankiewicz

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_J._Mankiewicz
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

David wrote:Only real film buffs will know of this King Kong adaptation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMh3GCB0U08
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

All set to go to bed because nothing on and on came Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the chrystal skull. So looks like a late night and a sleep in. Only one of of the series I have not seen. Escapism is great in these bleak times.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.