Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Beginning to think a republic might not be a great idea. The activists will want so much stuff thrown in that if you so much as yelled "That was a free to DeGoey you cheating yellow maggot" could get you 6 months of sensitivity training on weekends and a lifetime ban from the MCG.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Broken clock. :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David

Post by David »

Hey, being right twice a day is more than some on here manage. ;)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Very true. :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Define "professional protester". Explain who pays them. Show evidence.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

A man who abducted a five-year-old girl in Tasmania told prison staff he took the child because he wanted to eat her, a court has heard.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-13/ ... /100065694

Although apparently he didn't mean it...................... :?
David

Post by David »

Ms Phillips told the court while he did say that, it was on the advice of fellow inmates, who told him to make his circumstances "as bad as possible" so he had greater access to medication and therapeutic help.
Gotta say, that sounds easier to believe than actual attempted cannibalism...
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Short staffed and back at work after 32 days off. Full day overtime yesterday, 13 hour day (4.5 hrs today) sleep in tomorrow. Long day last week. 6 days on last week, one day off and 4 on this week then weekend off. Can’t even watch the footy to de stress. Hotel quarantine is back so it’ll be interesting to see how the referrals go.

A lot of messy referrals with one young woman screaming in my ear and that was just the start! It got worse from there: she was angry, hostile and oppositional ( no not Mrs WPT) The GP wanted her admitted but while unhappy there were no acute risk issues but pervasive anger. Well there was a risk: to my ear drums.

Some GP’s need to learn how to deal with people who have Borderline Personality Disorders rather than just panic.

Back in the ED days we always thought 1/2 a Valium for an anxious Dr and ED nurse would sort a lot of issues out
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

WPT. I was once in the emergency department at the Alfred which turned out to be a burst ulcer. An idiot was yelling and ranting and carrying on about needing a bed. It was Easter and it was cold. One of the Doctors heard the commotion and came and had a look.

Turns out it was one of the drunks from Fawkner Park , He pulled his wallet out of his kick and took out 20 bucks . Said to the staff "anyone live near here and is about to end the shift:. A young fella put his hand up and said I lve 5 minutes walk from here. The Dr said "Take this dickhead to the Max Hotel. book him a room on my account and make sure he has at least 6 pots and goes into it and keep him clear of this place'

It was about 25 years ago so a pot was 2 bucks.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

ronrat wrote:WPT. I was once in the emergency department at the Alfred which turned out to be a burst ulcer. An idiot was yelling and ranting and carrying on about needing a bed. It was Easter and it was cold. One of the Doctors heard the commotion and came and had a look.

Turns out it was one of the drunks from Fawkner Park , He pulled his wallet out of his kick and took out 20 bucks . Said to the staff "anyone live near here and is about to end the shift:. A young fella put his hand up and said I lve 5 minutes walk from here. The Dr said "Take this dickhead to the Max Hotel. book him a room on my account and make sure he has at least 6 pots and goes into it and keep him clear of this place'

It was about 25 years ago so a pot was 2 bucks.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David

Post by David »

Today's most noteworthy spam email:
The truth is a woman can squirt, even without a guy.
How?
She just has to release her bladder a little.
Squirting is made up of a little bit of pee and some vagina fluid from a woman’s prostate. (Yes, women have their own version.)
The trick is to time her squirt stream to coincide with a mind-blowing g-spot orgasm.

Yes, that’s the secret. It’s the combo that creates a feeling of ecstacy in a woman.
And if you’d like to discover for yourself how to do that, then check this out...

Once you get started, squirting will be like the weapon all the superheroes have.
Thor’s hammer. Captain America’s shield. Iron man’s suit.

You get the picture.
Just hint to a girl you’re the man to do it and you’re in.
Credit where credit's due, I ... certainly never thought of it that way before. :lol:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Victoria St Richmond, immediately East of Hoddle St, is an utter shit hole.

It used to be half decent, now it's meth head central.

It's a shitty, dirty fkn disgrace.

I drove through there today, have done a few times recently. Very happy to have that machete on the car floor beside the seat.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bucks5 »

..and apparently it has nothing to do with the safe injecting rooms nearby :roll:
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?