Post Match. Pies down to Giants. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

Magpietothemax wrote:
slangman wrote:Mumford beating Grundy is as a comprehensive summary of the game as you can get.
Mumford beating Grundy has only one explanation:
we don't know how to coach Grundy and use his attributes to advantage.
I dont buy the explanations that he is a self satisfied Zen monk.
Tonight his confidence looked shot. He was dropping marks and making skill errors he normally would not.
It is not Grundy's issue per se, it is the issue of how this entire team is being oriented to play.
There’s more to Grundy’s poor form than just the coaching.
This isn’t the first time that Mumford has pulled his pants down which is why GWS always bring him back to play against us.
Mumford once again just outworked Grundy and that in itself is extremely disappointing given that he takes up a fair percentage of the salary cap.
- Side By Side -
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Who would you have proferred in the ruck tonite ....Grundy or Keffe.
I reckon Keefe because he could not have been as bad as Grundy.
The trouble is Grundy can only play one position a nd that is ruck.
Lately he is being thrashed there.
Moore, Roughie, Cox and CAMERON CAN PLAY RUCK AND!!!!!!! THEY CAN PLAY OTHER POSITIONS.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

masoncox wrote:Who would you have proferred in the ruck tonite ....Griundy or Keffe.
Moore, Roughie, Cox and CAMERON CAN PLAY RUCK AND!!!!!!! THEY CAN PLAY OTHER POSITIONS.
I have an idea.
Tay adams is out for who knows how long. So we have a midfield position vacant.
grundy into the midfield.
Cameron selected to replace Tay and play in the ruck.
Just play Brodie as a full blown midfielder.
This has been suggested before. Maybe now it should be implemented.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

Magpietothemax wrote:
masoncox wrote:Who would you have proferred in the ruck tonite ....Griundy or Keffe.
I have an idea.
Tay adams is out for who knows how long. So we have a midfield position vacant.
grundy into the midfield.
Cameron selected to replace Tay and play in the ruck.
Just play Brodie as a full blown midfielder.
This has been suggested before. Maybe now it should be implemented.
Yes this has been debated before on this forum
Would be interesting to see
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

^ Yep, I like that move.MTTM. Wait.... I think I was one of those who suggested it previously! :)
Would love to see the team thrown around. Nothing at all to lose. Try Darcy again in the forward line. Let IQ have a run in the middle.
Lots of interesting suggestions have been made by Pies supporters. Absolutely no harm in trying some of them now.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

PyreneesPie wrote:^ Yep, I like that move.MTTM. Wait.... I think I was one of those who suggested it previously! :)
Would love to see the team thrown around. Nothing at all to lose. Try Darcy again in the forward line. Let IQ have a run in the middle.
Lots of interesting suggestions have been made by Pies supporters. Absolutely no harm in trying some of them now.
You sure were, PP. I remembered you when I wrote that. And i think now it has more merit than ever.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

Bux won't throw the team around....because he is a one dimensional man.
Worked for a few years but it won't work this year.
One dimension gives you nothing to celebrate
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Sensei Grundy wrote:FIGJAM no Premiership as a player. And none as a coach. 25 years at the club and no Premiership. A quarter of a century and no Premiership. Think about that for a moment. Do you reckon this obsession with him has to end at some stage? I mean, isn’t it insane we continue persisting?
Seek help .... No, really.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

masoncox wrote:Bux won't throw the team around....because he is a one dimensional man.
Worked for a few years but it won't work this year.
One dimension gives you nothing to celebrate
One dimensional men will not survive in a three dimensional world. And...by the way, it is a four dimensional world when you include time.
So the ratio just went from 1:3 to 1:4.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

By the way, I thought secretly (though i did not declare it and tried to deny it to myself) that a result like this would occur. I just won $400 backing GWS to win. Why??
Because of our selection policies, mostly.
How was it that no message was sent to WHE, JT, Cal Brown about unsatisfactory impact on a game?
But also, and most importantly, because of the disastrous coaching synergy we see in our players flocking to Adz when he kicked a goal against us. They are on adz' side, not Bux' side. This i believe will become more and more apparent. We saw it in Round 1, not in Round 2 (due to Carlscum's lack of pressure), not in Round 3, but tonight was massive.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

It's been all over red rover for a while now, but dragging out the inevitable like this is going to start eating into the foundations.

Let's stay sober and make the inevitable sleazy losers circling around the club show their faces before some talentless hack takes control and drags this out a few more seasons.

Has anyone who gives a toss helped put a serious leadership team in place? Eddie, have you done your job and set up a proper transition to a motivated, committed, sensible big hitter? You'll be judged extremely harshly if you've simply wiped your hands of the club and left us with a cadre of clueless used car salespeople posing as wannabe leaders fighting over a decaying corpse. Sorry, your job isn't over yet. Get it done without glory or recognition.

Nathan, you're talented and even beloved, but you need to step away from the club and find that self you've suppressed so long to sidestep criticism (going back to the deep insult of unfairly being called FIGJAM). I feel for you, but the club is the wrong vehicle through which to do this.

It's time to stop flogging the dead horse.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

pietillidie wrote:It's been all over red rover for a while now, but dragging out the inevitable like this is going to start eating into the foundations.

Let's stay sober and make the inevitable sleazy losers circling around the club show their faces before some talentless hack takes control and drags this out a few more seasons.

Has anyone who gives a toss helped put a serious leadership team in place? Eddie, have you done your job and set up a proper transition to a motivated, committed, sensible big hitter? You'll be judged extremely harshly if you've simply wiped your hands of the club and left us with a cadre of clueless used car salespeople posing as wannabe leaders fighting over a decaying corpse. Sorry, your job isn't over yet. Get it done without glory or recognition.

Nathan, you're talented and even beloved, but you need to step away from the club and find that self you've suppressed so long to sidestep criticism (going back to the deep insult of unfairly being called FIGJAM). I feel for you, but the club is the wrong vehicle through which to do this.

It's time to stop flogging the dead horse.
I wish i could comprehend your posts better. Not sure what to make of this.
Dont think Eddie should have anything whatsoever to do with what happens moving forward. If he left us with clueless car salesmen, then that has to be recorded in the archives. His job is totally done, and he should have nothing more to do with anything, moving forward.
Who are the "inevitable sleazy losers circling the club?" to whom you refer. Who do you conceive is the "talentless hack" who will "take control and drag this out a few more seasons" ?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins

Post by 1970 »

What a sad pitiful spectacle Collingwood has become.

The blind faith of so many of you in McGuire, Buckley et al means you are now left with a soulless corporate brand devoid of meaning.

It stands for nothing.

The Club will struggle to survive this. It is going to get much, much worse.

It is a vanity project for one man who is completely deluded.

Clarkson won't go near the joint. It's rubbish and he knows it.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

1970 wrote:What a sad pitiful spectacle Collingwood has become.

The blind faith of so many of you in McGuire, Buckley et al means you are now left with a soulless corporate brand devoid of meaning.

It stands for nothing.

The Club will struggle to survive this. It is going to get much, much worse.

It is a vanity project for one man who is completely deluded.

Clarkson won't go near the joint. It's rubbish and he knows it.
Really?? If you had read most of the posts here, you would have seen that there was absolutely no blind faith in McGuire, nor in Buckley.
Don't come in here like some evangelic crusader full of the "Good Word" and tell us we are all morons.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

^ Right on MTTM! Obviously failed to read the posts herein.

Does anyone know what the mysterious "illness" was that saw Sier substituted, or was that just a furphy to get him off and Levi on?