Post Match. Pies down to Giants. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

Just truly embarrassing
Losing 3 experienced players from the list and not really replacing like for like has really hurt us.
Then take into effect we got smashed by Geelong last year only to do nothing over the pre season...game plan still looks the same now after 4 rounds.

With no President the board seems split in two....

There is no chance this team will do anything in 2021 if we couldn't even beat the injury riddled GWS.

Graham Wrignt and the board need to make the call land advise Nathan Buckley he will not get a new contract for 2022.

Start planning for the future now.
Make the decision
Play the kids.

Lets find a New President, a new coach, new assistants

As it stands the team looks lost.
Terrible Gemeplan
Team looks like just individuals playing.
too many passengers and players getting games on reputation instead of what is required.
Selectors too scared to make the hard call and drop players.

Just a horrible night.

We need change
Maybe its the fans that need to make the board see what they can't see.

Enough is enough
The Great Macedonian Marvel
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: pies v giants

Post by Magpietothemax »

orie wrote:
masoncox wrote:
inxs88 wrote: Yes but football and victory doesn't define Brodie
It is obvious to me that Brodie has not got white line fever.
I really think he does not care that much.
He tries somewhat but there are other things more important.
He will probably end up in a zen monastery one day.
He needs to get a injection of junk yard dog into him.
But it wont happen because deep down he doesn't care.
It is so bloody obvious to me
Gosh I hate to think that this is true of Grundy ..he really worries me. There doesn't seem to be any aggression or desperation to his play.. You know that saying, "Nice people come last"
After watching tonight, it was like a revelation. Hallelujah. I have seen the light. Grundy is just not being coached right. He is being told to do stuff that doesnt make sense. On the few occasions he knocked it into space tonight, we actually looked like something might happen. He is also missing easy marks and screwing up basic skills in a way that I have not seen before. That would be a product of the general lack of confidence overall, and the obvious mistrust of the coaching staff in players to be able to play instinctively. We are being suffocated by the coaches own lack of faith on our players. Obviously, they have even less faith in our young recruits.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:I would like the board to show some leadership and guts now, right now.
Let Bucks know that he's unlikely to get another contract and instruct him to give what untried players we have a go, so at least the incoming new coach knows exactly what the situation is with the entire list.
No they should just remove him and pay him out, leaving him in charge once you know you're going in a different direction only serves to do further damage. They must exit him immediately, as embarrassing as that may be.
I take your point and you could well be right, but who would take over? I have zero confidence in Harvey or Sanderson. It's not possible is it to bring in someone from outside the club during the season?

If the players knew that every single one of them was being evaluated for next season, wouldn't they at least have a dip in order to further their careers?
Plus, if we're doomed to have a sh#t year anyway, a little respect for a club great by not sacking him during the season may be a worthwhile example to set?

At the very least, the board need to have an emergency meeting to determine a way forward, because the club would be losing members by the drove at the moment.
slangman
Has liked: 24 times

Post by slangman »

Mumford beating Grundy is as a comprehensive summary of the game as you can get.
- Side By Side -
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

This slide has been going on for years.

At it will begin hurting the club where it counts: membership and crowd attendance.

We will likely go 1-4 next week against the Eagles and maybe 1-5 after the ANZAC Day game.

Buckley has to go. It is not working with him at the helm.

The quarter of a century obsession with Buckley has to end.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpies035 wrote:Just truly embarrassing
Losing 3 experienced players from the list and not really replacing like for like has really hurt us.
Then take into effect we got smashed by Geelong last year only to do nothing over the pre season...game plan still looks the same now after 4 rounds.

With no President the board seems split in two....

There is no chance this team will do anything in 2021 if we couldn't even beat the injury riddled GWS.

Graham Wrignt and the board need to make the call land advise Nathan Buckley he will not get a new contract for 2022.

Start planning for the future now.
Make the decision
Play the kids.

Lets find a New President, a new coach, new assistants
Yep, the club appears to be rudderless, both on the field and off it in the board room.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

All this “Grundy is a lover not a fighter” stuff is garbage (or was). When he first burst I o the scene he was aggressive as all F. Like TOO aggressive, and would dump players in tackles HARD and cop many free kicks against. It was over the top aggression. Unfortunately, his game has taken a 180, and he has seemingly abandoned this kill or be killed attitude, which is a real shame. There’s still a place for thoughtful aggression.
Est. 2002
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

PyreneesPie wrote: Plus, if we're doomed to have a sh#t year anyway, a little respect for a club great by not sacking him during the season may be a worthwhile example to set?
No way that's the kind of thinking that got us here in the 1st place (not taking a shot at you personally but it is).

We just have to get someone to caretaker, whoever that is.. I doubt it'd be for more than a month tops.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

slangman wrote:Mumford beating Grundy is as a comprehensive summary of the game as you can get.
Mumford beating Grundy has only one explanation:
we don't know how to coach Grundy and use his attributes to advantage.
I dont buy the explanations that he is a self satisfied Zen monk.
Tonight his confidence looked shot. He was dropping marks and making skill errors he normally would not.
It is not Grundy's issue per se, it is the issue of how this entire team is being oriented to play.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Unfortunately Buckley needs to do the honourable thing and go.

The chip chip chip along the boundary line isn't going to win many games.

The Treloar thing has destroyed morale and trust in the coaching panel.

We need a fresh start now.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote: Plus, if we're doomed to have a sh#t year anyway, a little respect for a club great by not sacking him during the season may be a worthwhile example to set?
No way that's the kind of thinking that got us here in the 1st place (not taking a shot at you personally but it is).

We just have to get someone to caretaker, whoever that is.. I doubt it'd be for more than a month tops.
Fair enough. Being too considerate you reckon? :wink:
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

thebaldfacts wrote:Unfortunately Buckley needs to do the honourable thing and go.

The chip chip chip along the boundary line isn't going to win many games.

The Treloar thing has destroyed morale and trust in the coaching panel.

We need a fresh start now.
Yep. I agree. The treloar debacle is coming home to roost. We saw during the game against the Dogs how our players flocked to celebrate with Adz when he kicked a goal. That was already a finger up to Bux. Players have no confidence or trust in him. Neither has he in them. a total breakdown in coaching synergy. I want him gone by midyear, before he destroys more young players' self belief.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

he's got to go now... next week will be the death knell
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpietothemax wrote:
slangman wrote:Mumford beating Grundy is as a comprehensive summary of the game as you can get.
Mumford beating Grundy has only one explanation:
we don't know how to coach Grundy and use his attributes to advantage.
I dont buy the explanations that he is a self satisfied Zen monk.
Tonight his confidence looked shot. He was dropping marks and making skill errors he normally would not.
It is not Grundy's issue per se, it is the issue of how this entire team is being oriented to play.
You could be right re Grundy, yet it is also a little confounding that he's lost so much of his ferocious attack on the ball (as RH pointed out above), since getting his hefty contract. There was this damning vision tonight, when we were streaming into attack, when he was just strolling through the middle of the ground, not interested in offering an alternative target. He used to be a lion- hearted warrior. Haven't seen that since his AA year.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:he's got to go now... next week will be the death knell
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls.
It tolls for thee.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins