Post Match. Pies down to Giants. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Medieval

Post by Medieval »

Sensei Grundy wrote:The problem with performances like this under FIGJAM is the number of spectators that will abandon the club and refuse to go to the games.
This is me. I’m a Legends 18 game member and I’ve already said I’m. It going to another game as long as Bucks is the coach. He was my favourite player growing up, but I love the club more. I’ll speak with my empty seat.
The only stat that matters is whether you win or lose.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Magpietothemax wrote:How did we go from 2 minutes away from a Premiership to bottom 4 contendor in 2 years??
a) Ejection of Longmuir and Hocking
b) Ejection of Adz, Stephenson and Flip for nothing.
c) Maintenance of the status quo (except for Eddie) in all aspects of coaching and game strategy/orientation.
Tonight was a turning point. The total disorientation and lack of competence of our coaching leadership was exposed in headlights.
I am devastated after tonight. Can only see a dark tunnel into the future.
Longmuir took a senior coaching gig, he wasn't ejected
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
lihei wrote:There’s no excuse for tonight. This is the lowest point in Buckley’s low point decade.
No. It was all those years ago in that elimination final vs Port Adelaide - rewatch the last quarter.. everyone blames Shaw but really it was lost in the box - Buckley looks completely stunned, I had my doubts before but it was at this moment I knew he was completely out of his depth.. 2018 was a fluke, and it could have been a miracle flag.. but it wasn't and we're at where we're at because the club has been run by buffoons. We need to stop. We need a breath of fresh air, we need a buzz around the club, we need to move on and into the future with 'consensus' and a professional outlook - we need to let go of the Buckley fantasy.
A few funny facts about that game:

Grundy was playing, played ruck all thru last quarter..this was 2013...keep that in mind when reviewing tonites performance.

No way Shaw was that bad, but all were poor...what erks me when I see the replay is how similar we look in 2021, just no flair

BTW Heritier was shocking in this game, worse than Shaw
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Sensei Grundy wrote:The insanity of giving Malthouse just one season after winning the Premiership. Which cost us 2011 because of the succession issue.

Buckley should have gone to the club and said Malthouse should see out another few years after 2010.

The whole succession saga cost us 2011. And FIGJAM’s arrogance. What a tool. If he loved the club, after 2010 he should have approached Eddie and insisted the status quo remain for a few more seasons. He could have waiting a little more. But Eddie couldn’t do that to his love child. Sickening.

And just dumb.

Watch memberships plummet.
I agree. If Bux had loved the club as much as he claimed, he would have acceded to MM getting another year. And, if we had won the 2011 GF, assented to another year for MM as well. But he demanded the 2012 team, regardless, because he placed his own ambitions above everything else. And Ed agreed.
However, Bux could even now actually redress the damage he did then by voluntarily preparing his resignation. Not immediate, because it will take a bit of time to prepare properly. We dont want either of sando or harves to take over. But, by midseason, get it done. I am over this catastrophe. :cry:
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Bring back Frankie Raso! and Jason Wild while we are at it!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Here’s another disgusting tidbit from tonight:

When Josh Thomas kicked his goal, we hit 60 points, and trailed 60-70. There was a whopping 15:06 left on the clock.

WE FAILED TO SCORE A SINGLE F***ING POINT FOR THE REST OF THE GAME VS A SH!TTY INTERSTATE TEAM AT THE MCG. The Giants went on to score 3.2.20 unanswered the rest of the way.

Tell me any other self respecting team that would allow that to happen!!!

Utterly unacceptable. On every freakin’ level.
Est. 2002
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

Bring Hodge in as caretaker coach.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Dark Beanie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:How did we go from 2 minutes away from a Premiership to bottom 4 contendor in 2 years??
a) Ejection of Longmuir and Hocking
b) Ejection of Adz, Stephenson and Flip for nothing.
c) Maintenance of the status quo (except for Eddie) in all aspects of coaching and game strategy/orientation.
Tonight was a turning point. The total disorientation and lack of competence of our coaching leadership was exposed in headlights.
I am devastated after tonight. Can only see a dark tunnel into the future.
Longmuir took a senior coaching gig, he wasn't ejected
Yeah, true. But we allowed it to happen. Should have offered him something he couldnt have refused.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Seeing as the women are out of finals can they play in the men’s comp

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Seeing as the women are out of finals can they play in the men’s comp

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

ANNODAM wrote:I've always wanted Buckley gone, but I am willing to allow some of youse on my bandwagon.

All aboard...
I will only join your bandwagon if you stop saying youse.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Did Sier even play tonight..?
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Did Sier even play tonight..?
Yeah, he did..but he retired ill apparently
Maybe he needs an antiBux vaccine??
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

Degoey starved for opportunity. Didn't take mpst chances. should have been given more on ball time
Quaynor should not have played on Greene. Destroyed his confidence. He seems a bit timid around the hard ground ball
Grundy manhandled all night and when he gives it back he is pinged in their forward line. Lots of fumbled ball for him. Mark should have been paid up forward late in the game tho.
no Billy... sigh
daics did good things but was shut out of the game for long periods
Noble disappeared after figuring early
Pendles are you past it now? They really missed his influence. shanked kicks and fumbles seen not for the first time this year
Adams worked hard. Missed that set shot then got injured and doubtful they could win after that. He flies the flag each week in the middle but for years now they are routinely beaten for clearances. not his fault
Mayne popped up now and then but typifies the conservative selection policy. Maybe the kids aren't ready but try them anyway in his stead and a few others
Callum Brown has gone backwards after a promising start to his career. lost pace and zest for the contest. sums up the side a bit
Levi subbed on and had a crack but time marches on for him
Sidey good for lots but that deliberate behind stank
Roughy battled as always played the percentages and lost a few crucial duels
You look at other sides blooding new bees who might do something then we have mr dependable jt who will give you a little bit here and there on the scoreboard as well as forward pressure. vanilla. absence of x factor. still play him week after week.
Crispy is a gem and just keeps halving or winning contests, presenting and gaining metres, even having shots on goal
Darcy is an all Aus backman now but please swing him forward to see what sort of spark he can provide up there. guess what he could be all aus up there as well. base your side around your chf and he is it
8 tackles and a goal from McReery. Good energy. Throw a few of his new mates in as well rather than same old same old
whe should have been dropped after last week and partially redeemed himself
sier went off injured. clock ticking
brayden maynard kept toby quiet after being switched on to him after 5 goals. hard to fathom why he wasn't on him to start with
howey solid
feel sorry for Mihocek a bit. Wouldn't he love a true key position forward or two to play alongside. never gives up
nice goal madgen. battled well as always
coxy does good things but continues to miss the regulation mark when it counts. flaky
woodsmen rule
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

Degoey starved for opportunity. Didn't take mpst chances. should have been given more on ball time
Quaynor should not have played on Greene. Destroyed his confidence. He seems a bit timid around the hard ground ball
Grundy manhandled all night and when he gives it back he is pinged in their forward line. Lots of fumbled ball for him. Mark should have been paid up forward late in the game tho.
no Billy... sigh
daics did good things but was shut out of the game for long periods
Noble disappeared after figuring early
Pendles are you past it now? They really missed his influence. shanked kicks and fumbles seen not for the first time this year
Adams worked hard. Missed that set shot then got injured and doubtful they could win after that. He flies the flag each week in the middle but for years now they are routinely beaten for clearances. not his fault
Mayne popped up now and then but typifies the conservative selection policy. Maybe the kids aren't ready but try them anyway in his stead and a few others
Callum Brown has gone backwards after a promising start to his career. lost pace and zest for the contest. sums up the side a bit
Levi subbed on and had a crack but time marches on for him
Sidey good for lots but that deliberate behind stank
Roughy battled as always played the percentages and lost a few crucial duels
You look at other sides blooding new bees who might do something then we have mr dependable jt who will give you a little bit here and there on the scoreboard as well as forward pressure. vanilla. absence of x factor. still play him week after week.
Crispy is a gem and just keeps halving or winning contests, presenting and gaining metres, even having shots on goal
Darcy is an all Aus backman now but please swing him forward to see what sort of spark he can provide up there. guess what he could be all aus up there as well. base your side around your chf and he is it
8 tackles and a goal from McReery. Good energy. Throw a few of his new mates in as well rather than same old same old
whe should have been dropped after last week and partially redeemed himself
sier went off injured. clock ticking
brayden maynard kept toby quiet after being switched on to him after 5 goals. hard to fathom why he wasn't on him to start with
howey solid
feel sorry for Mihocek a bit. Wouldn't he love a true key position forward or two to play alongside. never gives up
nice goal madgen. battled well as always
coxy does good things but continues to miss the regulation mark when it counts. flaky
woodsmen rule