Post Match. Pies down to Giants. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

What a horrible game to watch, the umpires earnt themselves 3 votes. I actually couldnt beleive how horrible the umpiring was, and I dont normally blame them as much, but geez there were some pivotal moments especially in that last quarter. The half decisions all went against us i thought

Anyway Bucks is now an inch away from you know what. The players just dont have what it takes so lets bring in the newbies.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Rosolino_Leone

Post by Rosolino_Leone »

princem007 wrote:Wow so many expert coaches amongst our posters. You should go down to the club Monday and give them the game plan to work and help Buckley pack his bags. Lol

I've been doing it for years mate, throwing suggestions.

We would be cake-walking through an enchanted dynasty right now with me at the helm!
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Jezza wrote:This is a stale club in need of a fresh reset.

Need to start thinking long term and look beyond Buckley. That chapter is nearly over now.
As Jon English said, time to turn the page.
I thought that was Bob Seger
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
lihei
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by lihei »

princem007 wrote:Wow so many expert coaches amongst our posters. You should go down to the club Monday and give them the game plan to work and help Buckley pack his bags. Lol
No. This is not our job. We just pay money to keep the club afloat and rely on others to do their job.
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

inxs88 wrote:
masoncox wrote:Seriously what is Grundy providing.
He cant mark.
He cant ruck
He cant kick
He has no heart.
He can only play a ruck rover style game and that is not good enough.
Bite the bullet and dump him into the VFL.
He will get the message or he will become a good VFL player.
Side note Keffie killed us tonight.
Bux didn't rate him
Yes but football and victory doesn't define Brodie
It is obvious to me that Brodie has not got white line fever.
I really think he does not care that much.
He tries somewhat but there are other things more important.
He will probably end up in a zen monastery one day.
He needs to get a injection of junk yard dog into him.
But it wont happen because deep down he doesn't care.
It is so bloody obvious to me
Last edited by masoncox on Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lihei

Post by lihei »

SteveH67 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Jezza wrote:This is a stale club in need of a fresh reset.

Need to start thinking long term and look beyond Buckley. That chapter is nearly over now.
As Jon English said, time to turn the page.
I thought that was Bob Seger
Both
Rosolino_Leone

Post by Rosolino_Leone »

@ princem007

Former Chelsea coach Andre Villas Boas actually did that
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

How did we go from 2 minutes away from a Premiership to bottom 4 contendor in 2 years??
a) Ejection of Longmuir and Hocking
b) Ejection of Adz, Stephenson and Flip for nothing.
c) Maintenance of the status quo (except for Eddie) in all aspects of coaching and game strategy/orientation.
Tonight was a turning point. The total disorientation and lack of competence of our coaching leadership was exposed in headlights.
I am devastated after tonight. Can only see a dark tunnel into the future.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

The Buckley sycophants have come out.

Let’s give FIGJAM another 3 years. To do the same. Play a dysfunctional forward line. Go inside 50 about 100 times to score 1 goal and 2 points. The problem with the forward line has been an issue since 2019 season. We had the chance to fix this and FIGJAM couldn’t bring a Collingwood supporter in Lynch over to the club. Gets rid of Cloke who bled for us to replace him with whom?

Just get the f..ck out FIGJAM. You’ve milked the club for 10 years. Have some respect with the club and resign.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Outside of Elliot this team is as good as we are going to put out there and we were found out by a c-grade GWS team. We are not going to beat too many teams on that. There is just so much going on out there that is wrong I just can't be assed typing it anymore. We've all heard it all, we're just going over old ground.

If we are honest with ourselves we need a 7 year rebuild. There are not many players on our list right now that you can say will be around long enough to lead our next premiership charge. Probably, DeGoey, Daicos, Grundy, Moore, Adams and not much else. That is a massive list overhaul and that wili take time.

It really is time to start over, start fresh from the top down. Start now.
Last edited by Monco Matt on Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I've always wanted Buckley gone, but I am willing to allow some of youse on my bandwagon.

All aboard...
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

No. It was all those years ago in that elimination final vs Port Adelaide - rewatch the last quarter.. everyone blames Shaw but really it was lost in the box - Buckley looks completely stunned, I had my doubts before but it was at this moment I knew he was completely out of his depth.. 2018 was a fluke, and it could have been a miracle flag.. but it wasn't and we're at where we're at because the club has been run by buffoons. We need to stop. We need a breath of fresh air, we need a buzz around the club, we need to move on and into the future with 'consensus' and a professional outlook - we need to let go of the Buckley fantasy.[/quote]

It showed me that Buckley coached teams can’t handle pressure, not even real pressure but perceived pressure, the pressure made up in your head.
Buckley’s teams are mentally weak.
no second chances
lihei

Post by lihei »

simon tonna wrote:No. It was all those years ago in that elimination final vs Port Adelaide - rewatch the last quarter.. everyone blames Shaw but really it was lost in the box - Buckley looks completely stunned, I had my doubts before but it was at this moment I knew he was completely out of his depth.. 2018 was a fluke, and it could have been a miracle flag.. but it wasn't and we're at where we're at because the club has been run by buffoons. We need to stop. We need a breath of fresh air, we need a buzz around the club, we need to move on and into the future with 'consensus' and a professional outlook - we need to let go of the Buckley fantasy.
It showed me that Buckley coached teams can’t handle pressure, not even real pressure but perceived pressure, the pressure made up in your head.
Buckley’s teams are mentally weak.[/quote]
Huh? What? Oh, ok.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

lihei wrote:
No. This is not our job. We just pay money to keep the club afloat and rely on others to do their job.
Exactly Lihei (not often I agree with you).
It is just so ridiculoous to say that no one can criticise Buckley because they havent been an AFL coach before.
Just compare Buckley with what almost every other coach has been producing this year, FFS.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

The insanity of giving Malthouse just one season after winning the Premiership. Which cost us 2011 because of the succession issue.

Buckley should have gone to the club and said Malthouse should see out another few years after 2010.

The whole succession saga cost us 2011. And FIGJAM’s arrogance. What a tool. If he loved the club, after 2010 he should have approached Eddie and insisted the status quo remain for a few more seasons. He could have waiting a little more. But Eddie couldn’t do that to his love child. Sickening.

And just dumb.

Watch memberships plummet.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade