Post Match. Pies lose to Dogs. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

mackasmatt

Post by mackasmatt »

Cox was good. Tyler Brown took a small step forward. Everyone else pretty average. Copeland winner very disappointing.

It’s the list, it’s not Bucks. We haven’t been able to land the key forward we need to scare teams for years.

Our age profile was very similar, as well as games played.

Maybe tonight was about Treloar, Eddie etc.. see who turns up next week.
------------
----------
MAGPIES '18
----------
------------
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

mackasmatt wrote:Cox was good. Tyler Brown took a small step forward. Everyone else pretty average. Copeland winner very disappointing.

It’s the list, it’s not Bucks. We haven’t been able to land the key forward we need to scare teams for years.

what...??? Bux had a large input into the list.
....the list might not be too bad.
But I am very concerned about how much this list will be willing to cohere around Bux, due to his lack of loyalty to Adz and JS, and his tendency over the years to blame the players rather than accept responsiblity as the coach.
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Rubbish, we have beaten the Bluescum numerous times under Bucks tenure, like last season even, i recall we smashed em by ten goals in Malthouses record coaching milestone game, thats crap. :o :o :o :o :o :o
Our record against them since Buckley became coach is 11-4 in our favour.

Carlton's wins were 2 wins in 2012, and a win in '16 and '17.

Thankyou, facts are facts. :!: :!:
Given how absolutely ratshit Carlton have been for a decade or more It's no great coaching achievement by Buckley. My mean old great aunt could have beaten them.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

mackasmatt wrote:Cox was good. Tyler Brown took a small step forward. Everyone else pretty average. Copeland winner very disappointing.

And when we had them, Buckley..... Puts them in the ruck lol.

He's got to go.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

think positive wrote:im not content to ride the year out, i want him to walk today!
I feel the same, but I don't think anything happens until the end of the year unless we deteriorate significantly through the season and the club makes an early call.

The end is near one way or another.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

Big T wrote:If Grundy isn't dropped i will spew. He is deplorable.
Yeah I thought Grundy was poor tonight. Even English showed more. We need Grundy back to his best.
carn the mighty pies!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Raw Hammer wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:Is it just me or does it seem like some supporters should look up the meaning of supporters.
It’s just you.
Pretty sure it's everyone who read this:
Raw Hammer wrote:I’m expected to renew my membership and pay to watch THIS amateur shit? No chance.
NOGAF if you renewed it or not, princess

Even Richmond fans waited more than 1 game to microwave their memberships

GROW A PAIR, same thing from you every year lately
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

dalyc wrote:
Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:To script, predicted final margin pre game.Sier, Thomas, WHE, Ruscoe, Brown X 2, Noble, Madgen wouldn't get games with any other side, but Bucks will play them week in week out. Even our good players are not good enough. Moore is the only decent one among them
Noble and Madgen were ok in my book
Did you see Noble getting smothered about 4-5 times when kicking in traffic? They were Collingwood ok, other teams wouldn't play sub standard players with such glaring skill deficiencies week in week out. The biggest indictment is that this applies to 80% of the selected side last night.
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

But remember this is his 'team'... years ago we were getting excuses it was Malthouses 'team' and not Bucks - he can't have it both ways...

I lay everything squarely at Buckley's feet.

PS: Motivating players isn't his 'job'...
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Sometime rewatching games things don’t seem as bad as the original version
But in this case it was worse
There are hardly any positives other than our defence
If we lose Moore Howe crisp Maynard we will be on the end of some floggings

For his 39 hit outs Grundy was other wise useless again last night
Not only did English and Martin have more disposals and both kicked a goal they out worked Grundy all over the ground a event that never used to happen. Grundy was known for his hard work around the ground now his a shell of his former self
Our midfield was completely dominated. Out run out skilled out played consistently
Watch it again if it wasn’t for some ordinary bulldog over using of the ball this was a 7/10 goal loss
We had a team total of 319 touches nearly 150 less than them yet they had more tackles which means 2 things we allow them to run free without much pressure and our tackling was non existent
There is no silver lining on this
There is no upside for next week
I watched the Carlton Richmond game it was a far better spectacle and much more skilful

There is no way that this is a United team
There is bigger issues at play than the poor performance we saw
I’m sad to say this team is devoid of the necessary heart and soul to find a answer
I hope I’m wrong but I see a massive upheaval in the club which will result in massive changes at all levels more than we’ve seen already

On a side note I think the players showed there exact opinion on Treloar leaving last night
I’ve never witnessed so many players make a beeline for a former team mate and embrace him like happened last night
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

ANNODAM wrote:HA HA HA!!!

What a bunch of losers!
When is annodam getting banned? Constant negativity
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

no "structure" can fix players unable to take marks or kick a football
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Sometime rewatching games things don’t seem as bad as the original version

Not only did English and Martin have more disposals and both kicked a goal they out worked Grundy all over the ground a event that never used to happen. Grundy was known for his hard work around the ground now his a shell of his former self
Our midfield was completely dominated. Out run out skilled out played consistently
Watch it again if it wasn’t for some ordinary bulldog over using of the ball this was a 7/10 goal loss
We had a team total of 319 touches nearly 150 less than them yet they had more tackles which means 2 things we allow them to run free without much pressure and our tackling was non existent
I watched the Carlton Richmond game it was a far better spectacle and much more skilful

I’m sad to say this team is devoid of the necessary heart and soul to find a answer
I hope I’m wrong but I see a massive upheaval in the club which will result in massive changes at all levels more than we’ve seen already

On a side note I think the players showed there exact opinion on Treloar leaving last night
I’ve never witnessed so many players make a beeline for a former team mate and embrace him like happened last night
Agree with all this
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

think positive wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:Sometime rewatching games things don’t seem as bad as the original version

no second chances
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Haff wrote:Young players as well didn’t show much. Actually nothing. Hope we see the glimmer next week but I foresee a big big loss.
Yep. Well and truly puts to bed the 'we had to trade good players to get into this mega-draft' narrative that some were trying to pedal late last year.