Post Match. Pies lose to Dogs. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Cam wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:Hi PP. Yes, the players' embrace of Adz was highly emotional, and gives the lie to the propaganda and lies that were spewed out by Bucks, Ned Guy, etc..
Really? I've hugged my mother in law [well one of them] tighter than Pendles and Adams embraced him, most of them seemed devoid of too much emotion. Yeah a few of his old mates that he was close to got a good hug but really, what else would you expect them to do? People see what they want to see, including me.
Ok, so that means your interpretation as well as mine could equally be valid.
Indeed, in fact I'd suggest the truth is somewhere between the two.
Get back on top.
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

A very disappointing performance that once again was highlighted by the lack of contributors across the 4 quarters. This has plagued the team for much of Buckley’s tenure.
The lack of love on here for Mihocek is astounding. He is the only forward who busts his a**e every week and never gives up. He was clearly our best player tonight imho. Moore was also very good but some of his kicking let him down as did his customary spoiling of a teammate that results in a goal.
Apart from those two, the rest really looked sloppy and some even looked disinterested.
Cox, Pendlebury, Crisp, Noble, Thomas and Howe all showed occasional glimpses but overall probably just broke even.

Interesting times ahead
- Side By Side -
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

Collingwood will be humiliated next Thursday if they play like they did tonight.

Carlton will destroy us.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Magpietothemax wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:Did any stick?
Yes
There weren't many I remember. I was tearing my hair out at the ease of which they were brushing aside our players
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Collingwood will be humiliated next Thursday if they play like they did tonight.

Carlton will destroy us.
Hopefully we will get shredded in the media and come out firing.
Get back on top.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Yeh, we will go in as rank underdogs, rest assured, if a match against the old enemy doesnt get us firing, after tonights poor game, nothing will. :x
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

slangman wrote: The lack of love on here for Mihocek is astounding. He is the only forward who busts his a**e every week and never gives up.
No lack of love from me. Brody is that old-fashioned G & D Collingwood footballer that I wish we had more of.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Sensei Grundy wrote:Collingwood will be humiliated next Thursday if they play like they did tonight.

Carlton will destroy us.
I just dont agree with this prognosis.
We did not play as well as we would have hoped.
but the effort and energy was there.
Skills were inferior, but they will improve.
We stayed in the game despite the total lack of impact of Grundy. Surely we can expect a significant improvement from him.
Western Bulldogs are a quality opposition, despite the disparaging remarks of many.
Unfortunately, in my view, we are one powerful midfielder short. JDG had to play a predominantly midfield role tonight, and our F50 lacked structure and menace. Unfortunately, Ollie Henry and Ruscoe were unable to add any Xfactor, but they were hampered by our lack of forward midfield momentum. We were really disastrously defeated in clearances.
We need to find another midfielder option. Sidey coming in will be very helpful.
Maynard has indicated his desire to play through the midfield.
Can we organise this through flexible rotations, onfield and off?
Please think hard, coaching staff. Prove that you have imagination and courage. ....or else...we will dispense with you.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Young Kelly getting injured again, has hit us hard, he shows a lot of promise, we could have used him in that match, for sure.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

dalyc wrote:
Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:To script, predicted final margin pre game.Sier, Thomas, WHE, Ruscoe, Brown X 2, Noble, Madgen wouldn't get games with any other side, but Bucks will play them week in week out. Even our good players are not good enough. Moore is the only decent one among them
Noble and Madgen were ok in my book
You know how it works. Once you have someone in the gun, you simply never choose to see the good in anything they do.
They were both very solid considering the amount of ball the Dogs had.
It was a nightmare being a Collingwood defender the way we turned the ball over through the midfield.
The acid should be on our leaders and senior players, not a couple B graders who are lucky to have played 30 AFL games between them.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

How did Sier go tonight?
He should be giving 200% and performing like a dog shot in the ar$e
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Piesnchess wrote:Young Kelly getting injured again, has hit us hard, he shows a lot of promise, we could have used him in that match, for sure.
Dont think this was a major factor. Who knows if Kelly could have impacted more than Tray Ruscoe or Ollie Henry tonight?
The decisive issues in my view:
a) Grundy's lack of impact
b) terrible field kicking
c) lack of one power midfielder (so that JDG could play mostly in F50)
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

magpieazza wrote:How did Sier go tonight?
He should be giving 200% and performing like a dog shot in the ar$e
1 kick and 8 handballs in 60% game-time (the lowest percentage of any of the starting 22). Pretty awful, really.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Piesnchess wrote:Yeh, we will go in as rank underdogs, rest assured, if a match against the old enemy doesnt get us firing, after tonights poor game, nothing will. :x
This team has never been up and about for a Coll vs Carl contest under Buckley. Remember, it’s not his job to motivate his players. He truly is an absolute clown.
Est. 2002
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Born to Pie wrote:Is it just me or does it seem like some supporters should look up the meaning of supporters.
its just you, however the player could look up work ethic and how to actually work for their easy money

and dont get me started on whoever is coaching a team of professional football players who dropped about 15 marks in one fuxcking game, even the captain did!

so basically, after sitting in damn traffic for 3/4 hour, going through the fake security wands, tramping upstairs, oh and handing over $800 to watch the most pathetic effort i have seen in a while (not Moore, Cox or Billy, who may not have always succeeded but they damn tried) dont go telling me how to be a supporter!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!