What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Ditto, and that is still one of my favourite movies of all time! I know every word!

Watcheda nick cage movie on Netflix the other night, I’ve decided that everything after the Rock should be obliterated. So bad. So so bad. He doesn’t even have that weird strangely attractive bad boy look anymore!

What do you think I’m gunnado? I’m gunna save the damn day!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

White Men Can't Jump (1992)

Starring Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson. I've always really liked this film so it doesnt matter what I say. It's in my top 10. It's bloody marvellous!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

think positive wrote:Ditto, and that is still one of my favourite movies of all time! I know every word!

Watcheda nick cage movie on Netflix the other night, I’ve decided that everything after the Rock should be obliterated. So bad. So so bad. He doesn’t even have that weird strangely attractive bad boy look anymore!

What do you think I’m gunnado? I’m gunna save the $$%^%%$ day!
He was good in Joe. Have you seen that?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Sicks Bux wrote:
think positive wrote:Ditto, and that is still one of my favourite movies of all time! I know every word!

What do you think I’m gunnado? I’m gunna save the $$%^%%$ day!
He was good in Joe. Have you seen that?
no ill take a look cheers
think positive

Post by think positive »

i just watched a 5 part thriller series called the third day, man so wahkko! scary, and you cant turn it off!! jude law is in it,
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

The Martian (2015)

Starring Matt Damon. A science fiction film directed by Ridley Scott. Seen it a few years ago, but really didnt remember that much of the film. It's really good, however, I thought the last 20-30 minutes was just silly and dragged out.

It's defiantly worth a watch tho. I just thought the ending could have been better.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I agree, not his usual good stuff

Wasn’t feeling the best, got down the beach house and watched the equaliser 2 with Denzel Washington, brilliant, then realised I hadn’t seen the first one, so watched that, not as good but not bad,

Just finished watching The Last Final Measure, true story, man it’s a must watch, you will laugh cry get mad and cry again, not,y usual thing, but it was brilliant, be better ifit wasfiction.....war is a waste
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

I actually thought the first one was brilliant and the second not as good.

Maybe it's just the sequence in timing, one sets an expectation and the other is different.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Could be - plus the 1st had stui eye candi the 2nd had jo candy aka Bill Paxton!

Watch the war one!!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

What war one?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Rocketman (2019)

The biographical musical film based on the life of Elton John. Can you believe that Tom Hardy was originally going to play the lead role.

I think its a good film, but how do you put a whole lifetime like that into a 2 hour film? Very different to other biopics like Bohemian Rhapsody.

The First Wives Club (1996)

Starring Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn and Bette Midler. After the suicide of their old college friend, three divorced women seek revenge on their ex-husbands for having left them for younger women.

I felt like the trio were a good fit and that it started off really well. It kind of got a bit boring and predictable as it went on. Ivana Trump makes a cameo towards the end.

Tango & Cash (1989)

Starring Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell. The good old buddy-cop film. We chucked this on after seeing it mentioned elsewhere. We used to love it back when it first came out.

You cant think too much about this film, with the rushed court case and the fact they lost the prisoners who end up at a different prison and they can't find them. The last few scenes are not great either, but its enjoyable leading up to the finale.

A smarter script could have seen this be an all timer.

High Fidelity (2000)

Starring John Cusack. This film has a great approval rating. But I didnt think that much of it. The main character is going through what seems to be an early mid-life after a breakup and goes searching for former girlfriends. He makes a mixtape which is once sure way to please the ladies. But how to do that in 2021?
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ agree with the Tango and Cash.

Fun movie and could have been an all time with better writing. Tried to have too much action in the final scene. Didn't make best use of Jack Palance.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:What war one?
The last final measure, not so much a war story, ts about a group of Vietnam vets who campaign to get an airforce man the highest medal, and it tells his and each of their stories, it’s a thinking movie, not action, I really enjoyed it and had to fight back tears. It really is a buddy movie. But is not gang ho raise he flag stuff, or glorifying anything.

Have you watched shawshank yet?!

And the green mile!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Yeah nah. Still haven't watched shawshank, still no real urge to. Green Mile is good though.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Yeah nah. Still haven't watched shawshank, still no real urge to. Green Mile is good though.
C’mon, I’m saving up my I told you so’s! It shits on green mile! Your mum would love it too!