Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Had a dream last night that my partner had been letting our six-year-old son watch Game of Thrones (a show I've never actually seen myself but whose content I'm roughly familiar with). Describing my reaction as horrified would be putting it lightly. :shock: :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

I have a possum sleeping in a hanging pot on my front porch.

It's pretty small, potentially a young one booted out of home, got drunk, fell into the pot and decided to sleep there.

I had to move my small outdoor table where I normally eat Breakfast as it was right under the pot and I don't want to find out how possum piss goes with eggs.

I'll be watching how he gets out come dark, good luck climbing up, I reckon the swan dive into the rose bush below may be the thing.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
KenH

Post by KenH »

stui magpie wrote:I have a possum sleeping in a hanging pot on my front porch.

It's pretty small, potentially a young one booted out of home, got drunk, fell into the pot and decided to sleep there.

I had to move my small outdoor table where I normally eat Breakfast as it was right under the pot and I don't want to find out how possum piss goes with eggs.

I'll be watching how he gets out come dark, good luck climbing up, I reckon the swan dive into the rose bush below may be the thing.
Definitely can vouch possum piss will not go well will anything! I once had a possum piss on my head and went down my face onto my chest, bloody disgusting smell. Did make my workmates day though, they thought it was hilarious.
Cheers big ears
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Awwwwww
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

David wrote:Had a dream last night that my partner had been letting our six-year-old son watch Game of Thrones (a show I've never actually seen myself but whose content I'm roughly familiar with). Describing my reaction as horrified would be putting it lightly. :shock: :lol:
Hmmm I’m wondering what that dream means!!! The mind boggles!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David

Post by David »

I'm not 100% sure, but I remember a few days previously chatting to a father at school who casually mentioned that he'd shown his four-year-old son the "Mr Creosote" scene from The Meaning of Life. I understand that everyone has differing views on what's suitable to show their children, but man, that scene even disturbed me when I first saw it, and I was a teenager then! I recall reading that most of the group didn't even want to include it in the film because of how grotesque it was, until one of them pointed out that what was really funny about it was John Cleese's performance as the waiter. Anyway, I dunno, maybe it's harmless, but I guess it got my brain working in the background. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Great stuff Stui!
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
David

Post by David »

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

That kind of stuff is unfortunately typical.

When Ruby Rose was selected to be Batwoman on the CWTV, there was an outcry from certain parties that she "Wasn't gay enough" because she identified as something other than clear Lesbian. Batwoman was the first out Lesbian superhero in comics.

She bailed from social media, did season 1 and did it damn well, I loved her in the role, then didn't renew for season 2. I don't know but can only presume the reasons.

The whole concept of acting I thought was to be able to portray a character that wasn't you. If you need to be gay to play a gay on screen, does that preclude gays from straight or non-specified roles?

Ian Fleming wrote James Bond as the archetypal Englishman and the best ever Bond on screen was a burly Scot.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:The notorious Justice Vasta being taken to court. He’s a shocker to say the very least and let’s hope he’s found guilty

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2021/ja ... an-to-jail

Background Briefing has a programme on him (more or less) which is gob smacking when exposing his behaviour.

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/pr ... s/12851486
It's a shocker of a story. But the elephant in the room here is: how can our prison system be so inhumane that anyone could be treated like this, guilty or innocent? It's not the $#%^ing dark ages. Reform is needed urgently.
Currently before the courts. Let’s hope the good Justice Vasta gets what’s coming to him. Was he auditioning for a role as judge in Louisiana in the 1930’s?

https://amp.theguardian.com/law/2021/ma ... ty-dispute
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

WTF: toxic chemicals lowering sperm counts and shrinking penises
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Speak for yourself. :P
David

Post by David »

How many sperm does anyone need, really?
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:^

Speak for yourself. :P
watt price tully

David wrote:How many sperm does anyone need, really?
:wink:

Depends if you want some begetting or not.

If they are as accurate as Collingwood was tonight then heaps