What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

Nothing on FTA TV last night so I grabbed a DVD and put on Death Race. The old girl loved it, guns and cars.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

This old girl loves it too!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

Watched this short comedy about identity politics called Tribes: https://youtu.be/B7nEYtgz6vk
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

stui magpie wrote:Also watch the Eastwood movie, Escape from Alcatraz. I've been there and done the tour, the movie was very accurate.

And yeah, The Rock with Connery and Cage is great
Have seen that one a few times. Got everything with Eastwood in it at home. Its a banger that one too!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Watched Duel.

Amazing that a rusted Peterbilt 281 is actually more terrifying than Freddie Kruger, Jason, anything in Saw, Wolf's Creek etc.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
think positive

Post by think positive »

What'sinaname wrote:Watched Duel.

Amazing that a rusted Peterbilt 281 is actually more terrifying than Freddie Kruger, Jason, anything in Saw, Wolf's Creek etc.
Love that movie, and Christine! There are similar remakes but nothing as good!

Have you seen the Hitcher? That movie scares the shit out of he because it could so easily happen
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Also watch the Eastwood movie, Escape from Alcatraz. I've been there and done the tour, the movie was very accurate.

And yeah, The Rock with Connery and Cage is great
love both, but that chase scene in the rock, much as I love it, they would be half way back to sanfrancisco!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

The last few:

Another You (1991)
Starring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. A little bit disappointing. It had its moments, but cannot compare to other Wilder/Pryor comedies.

Galaxy Quest (1999)
Starring Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman. The idea of this film is very good. If you're a Star Trek/SciFi fan, it's probably more your thing. I thought it was good without being a "must see film".

See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989)
Starring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. This film doesn't have great reviews, but I thought it was ok. I just loved the idea of a blind person and a deaf person being framed and having to get out of trouble was great. The final scenes were a bit crappy, but there's some funny moments in this film, like the gun in his pocket.

The Hunt for Red October (1990)
Starring Sean Connery and Alec Baldwin. I thought this was great, but have seen it in the past. Always thought the choice of Connery as a Russian bad guy was interesting. One because of his accent and two because being the original 007 and this being the first Jack Ryan film. It's aged a little bit now, but still a good film overall.

Once Were Warriors (1994)
Starring Rena Owen and Temuera Morrison. Hard to review a film like this. It is a must-see, but for different reasons. A violent and confronting film that may upset some viewers.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jungle with Harry Potter starring, gritty true story, interesting
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

RIPD.

Men in Black but with dead people.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Romeo + Juliet (1996)
Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes. Directed by Baz Luhrmann. Not much to say really. I remember the hype when it first came out. Liked it, dont love it. Leo is the king.

Ghostbusters (2016)
Look, it was never going to live up to the greatness of the original film. But it really isn't that bad. Yes, it could have been better, but it has some funny moments. I saw it in cinema and didnt think much of it, but watching it a second time at home, I thought it was ok. I enjoyed the cameos of the original cast. Didnt think Chris Hemsworth played a good character. Wouldn't call it a must-see, but it didn't deserve the bad press either.

The Hateful Eight (2015)
Starring Samuel L. Jackson and Kurt Russell. Directed by Quentin Tarantino. How it only has a 75% approval rating is beyond me. I thought it was a dead set banger. Loved all the twists and turns.

Django Unchained (2012)
Starring Jamie Foxx and Leonardo DiCaprio. Directed by Quentin Tarantino. How can you go wrong? Most films with Leo in them are great and most Tarantino films are great.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Presti35 wrote:The last few:

Another You (1991)
Starring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. A little bit disappointing. It had its moments, but cannot compare to other Wilder/Pryor comedies.

Galaxy Quest (1999)
Starring Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman. The idea of this film is very good. If you're a Star Trek/SciFi fan, it's probably more your thing. I thought it was good without being a "must see film".

See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989)
Starring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. This film doesn't have great reviews, but I thought it was ok. I just loved the idea of a blind person and a deaf person being framed and having to get out of trouble was great. The final scenes were a bit crappy, but there's some funny moments in this film, like the gun in his pocket.

The Hunt for Red October (1990)
Starring Sean Connery and Alec Baldwin. I thought this was great, but have seen it in the past. Always thought the choice of Connery as a Russian bad guy was interesting. One because of his accent and two because being the original 007 and this being the first Jack Ryan film. It's aged a little bit now, but still a good film overall.

Once Were Warriors (1994)
Starring Rena Owen and Temuera Morrison. Hard to review a film like this. It is a must-see, but for different reasons. A violent and confronting film that may upset some viewers.
Watched a few Gene Wilder / Richard Pryor films as I remembered them being really funny, but sadly, I think they have aged horribly. Pryor just yells a lot and isn't very funny at all. Wilder's drier wit and sarcasm holds up well though.

Did watch Life of Brian and it's a pretty solid film except for the Spaceship scene, which has never made sense. I don't think a movie like this could be aired on FTA TV without the Snowflake generation being outraged.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Does the "snowflake generation" actually watch FTA TV? lol
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:Does the "snowflake generation" actually watch FTA TV? lol
Neither of my kids watch FTA TV, my son might when footy or cricket is on. They also don't read newspapers or listen to radio
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:Does the "snowflake generation" actually watch FTA TV? lol
Neither of my kids watch FTA TV, my son might when footy or cricket is on. They also don't read newspapers or listen to radio
Good point.

You couldn't stream Life of Brian on Tik Tok without the snowflakes have en epic melt.