What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

think positive wrote:thank the lord he didnt inherit your taste!!!!
It’s not too late! ;)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:
It’s not too late! ;)
My experience suggests sons, particularly only sons, are more likely to go the opposite to their father than follow in their footsteps. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

David wrote:
It’s not too late! ;)
Haven't you got him on to the Bergman movies yet?
David

Post by David »

Haha no, I’m not that cruel! But we have been getting through some Buster Keaton films, which he really likes. :)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

If you have Netflix givethe Santa chronicles a try, the first one, I needed a little Christmas cheer yesterday, I watched both! Fell asleep during the second, so not sure how good that is, but it’s kind of an action Santa movie! I love Kurt Russell movies, he more or less plays himself!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

David wrote:Haha no, I’m not that cruel! But we have been getting through some Buster Keaton films, which he really likes. :)
My son liked The General when he was little.
David

Post by David »

I just borrowed a DVD of that from a friend! Not sure how I’ll explain the Civil War to him, lol, but I think he’ll enjoy all the crazy stunts if nothing else. :)
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:peppermint with Jennifer garner, i put it on to do housework too, and didnt move from the couch, its fricken brilliant!!! Stui, you would love it!

correct weight. I watched it tonight.

Basic plot has been done hundreds of times, my first impression was this was Punisher with a female lead but yeah, it was good.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:peppermint with Jennifer garner, i put it on to do housework too, and didnt move from the couch, its fricken brilliant!!! Stui, you would love it!

correct weight. I watched it tonight.

Basic plot has been done hundreds of times, my first impression was this was Punisher with a female lead but yeah, it was good.
yes exactly, i love the punisher series too!!!
think positive

Post by think positive »

christmas vacation - for the millionth time!!

and some weird bank job thing on netflix based on a true story, really dumb criminals, but quite a few easy laughs!! masterminds its called, and they are not!!!
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Sicks Bux wrote:Introduced my sons to Planes, Trains and Automobiles. It's still hilarious.
Yep, another brilliant John Hughes movie, watched it recently for perhaps the first time since it's late 80s release. It has aged well indeed.
Steve Martin and John Candy play off each other with wonderful comedic chemistry.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

think positive wrote:christmas vacation - for the millionth time!!
Only ever seen it twice; the scumbag tight-arse boss thing triggers me though.
I always laugh at how Russ and Audrey are played by different actors in each vacation movie. Love the Griswalds; Pig in a Poke lol!
think positive wrote:and some weird bank job thing on netflix based on a true story, really dumb criminals, but quite a few easy laughs!! masterminds its called, and they are not!!!
Masterminds was some good cheap laughs I though; came out a year or two back.

and Peppermint was worth a look; I love pay-back/square-the-ledger type movies.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
think positive

Post by think positive »

Me too, I’m starting to think I was a semi automatic gun nut in a former life!
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Haven't been on in a while, but...
think positive wrote:If you haven’t see the Rock I suggest you watch that next, Sean Connery is magnificent.
The Rock (1996)
I really like this. I may have seen it back when it first came out, but I couldn't really remember anything but that last scene when he asked his Mrs about JFK. Connery and Cage were a good fit. I read that Arnie was originally going to play the part that Cage took. He knocked it back. I bet he regrets that, to work with Connery. However he would not have been a fit for that part, which Cage nailed. Ed Harris was also very good I thought.

The film also has the guy that was Fabrizio in Titanic and the guy that was Kyle Reese in Terminator 1. Also the guy that was Perry in Scrubs. Bokeem Woodbine is also in this film. I thought the guy that was Haywood in Shawshank was in it too, but it turned out to be a guy from True Blood.

Getting back to the film, it was great. And I can see where the 007 theories come from.

Great suggestion TP!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Also watch the Eastwood movie, Escape from Alcatraz. I've been there and done the tour, the movie was very accurate.

And yeah, The Rock with Connery and Cage is great