Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

ronrat wrote:The yanks have changed the name of Eskimo pie to E pie so not to offend m well eskimos.
Actually, they're changing it in the USA to Edy's Pie and in Australia to Polar Pie.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/ ... e42c9ba624
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

So two Chinese officials gate-crash a celebration put on by a Taiwanese trade mission in Fiji, take photos, start a fight, assault some Taiwanese guests then blame the Taiwanese for starting it all because the celebratory cake had a flag of Taiwan
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Bullies will be bullies.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coron ... -ninedaily

i mean I drank a small red at midnight, but seriously, going to Kmart at midnight? have a look how many people did!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I took mum Cristmas shopping. I think I need therapy now, I know i Definitely need alcohol.

Took the mobility scooter over for her. How the fvck does someone have a drivcrs licence for over 60 years and never learn how to reverse in anything but a straight line and be completely unfamiliar with the concept of a 3 point turn?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I’m usually long done, and I haven’t started, well except for what I want! I just can’t be $@&^# to be honest. Those scooters are a menace!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Before I got her the scooter I'd get frustrated that when I took her out she didn't see anything because all she did was look at the ground in front of her feet.

Now with the scooter she's so busy looking at everything except where she's going. She did my fkn head in today, I had to grab the steering several times as you don't get out of a tight spot by just going back and forward in straight lines.

I'll do my Xmas shopping in the next few weeks at Dan Murphy's. :wink:
think positive

Post by think positive »

Lol!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

WTF.......Sydney hotel quarantine and Virgin allowing two Germans to go and buy domestic flights from Sydney to Melb.

How these German's aren't deported ASAP is beyond me.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Some reports that they are not tourists, PRs returning to Australia.

A pair of selfish twats who don't care about anyone else. They made a conscious decision to avoid quarantine in Sydney, there are no excuses for what they have done. They should be locked up.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/auth ... 56kyw.html

Car rental employee tipped off authorities to travellers who skipped Sydney hotel quarantine, flew to Melbourne

"Two international travellers who skipped hotel quarantine in Sydney, boarded a plane to Melbourne and sparked a coronavirus scare for 130 passengers were sprung by a Melbourne Airport worker who suspected something wasn't quite right.

The travellers, who flew from Germany, are understood to have used online services to check into a domestic flight and fly to Melbourne on Saturday afternoon, which later sparked a warning to 130 of their fellow passengers to isolate immediately.

All passengers arriving into Sydney's international airport are expected to quarantine for 14 days.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews confirmed reports that an employee at a car rental company had overheard a conversation, picked up something wasn't right and reported the matter to authorities.

"On behalf of all Victorians, that employee has done an amazing job and we are very grateful to them and hopefully they are suitably honoured by their employer and if they don't, we certainly will," Mr Andrews said.

The car rental desks inside Melbourne airport are closed, which means the travellers would have left the terminal to walk across the road to the car hire offices."
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Surely the question is how were they able to "skip" quarantine?
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Basically it seems they bluffed their way through. Told cops that they had a flight booked to Melbourne and they were allowed to go and get on it.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

stui magpie wrote:^

Basically it seems they bluffed their way through. Told cops that they had a flight booked to Melbourne and they were allowed to go and get on it.
So they get put back on a plane and sent back. I've seen them do it on Border Security.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

What'sinaname wrote:
stui magpie wrote:^

So they get put back on a plane and sent back. I've seen them do it on Border Security.
There's a better write up here.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronaviru ... 8bbaa8824d

Seems like they weren't deliberatley trying it on, they thought they could travel to Melbourne and do quarantine here and the young cop thought they were exempted.

They won't be sent back or charged, they'll be made to quarantine for 14 days then let loose.