Lisa Alexander - VFL Coach?

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 96 times

Lisa Alexander - VFL Coach?

Post by Presti35 »

We dont currently have a VFL coach after letting Gary Hocking go. With moves yet to be seen in our coaching department.

We know that she's made it public that she wants an AFL job. North have already ruled her out and no other club is looking for a head coach right now. TBH, I can't see an AFL club hire a female coach in the near future.

How would you feel if she was given the job at VFL level? And how do you think the players respond to a female coach?

Good idea? Bad idea? PR idea?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

I would like to see a female coach with a background in women's football. I would like to see more women coaching in AFLW. While our (male) AFLW coach seems pretty good I wish the club had appointed Bec Goddard. She won a premiership with the Crows. I am not sure that we have anyone who has a won a Premiership (as a coach or a player) in a key coaching position. If we were to put in a female coach over a men's team I would prefer one from a football background to a netball background.
Born and raised in Black and White
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Presti35 »

Good point Dr.

Today we've announced Craig Black as the VFL coach. He's young and has TAC cup coaching experience, including a flag.

It'll be interesting to see if Lisa gets a job somewhere. Wether it be VFL or AFLW, I dont know?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!