Post Match. Pies dump Toast. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Raw Hammer wrote:Happy to be wrong.
WTF do I know???
Me included RH. You're not the only one who has to admit to their misgivings in the pre-game thread. :lol:
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

masoncox wrote:Well the west australian newspaper perth now are whinging that the Crisp pass in the last minute was a throw.
They even provided a slow mo video.
And you know what?????
They were 100% correct.
SUFFER!!!!!!!!!!
If you look at it carefully, Crisp is tripped by an Eagles play just before that.
Get back on top.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

PyreneesPie wrote:
WTF do I know???
Me included RH. You're not the only one who has to admit to their misgivings in the pre-game thread. :lol:
Just dont be so negative pre game!!!

Man, it was like reading we had already lost the game earlier in the week.
I get that it makes some people feel better, admiiting defeat when there's a good possibilty of it. Waitng to be "proved wrong".
Then you come out and say, Great Win!!!
That's such a cop out!
Are you supporters?

Are you just wanting to stir the pot?

No Doubt here
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

I was not happy about selecting Cameron... but yeah, wtfwik. He was great tonight. So was Grundy. Nicnat had his moments, but the speed of our ball movement negated his ability to influence. He is very slow, and we obviously exploited that. Well done to Bucks tonite. Coaching was brilliant tonight. Obviously had a plan to rest Brodie while Cameron held the fortress. Just loved how fast we played. Ball movement was laser sharp. It proves, you don't need every player to be super fast by foot: you need a few, but the most essential element is aggressive ball movement. why didn't we do that all season??tonight we looked like how we played in 2018.
Such a magnficent feeling tonight that we got our revenge on WCE for 2018. Snuffed their season out with the minimum possible margin.
All players stepped up tonight. Too difficult tonight to name the top 5.
Three things I will say: Greenwood tonight was absolutely brilliant. Kept Kelly out of the game. A fantastic achievement for him, kudos to those who kept the faith in the pig. He played a major role in our ability to equalise the midfield battle
Darcy Cameron: well done man. I did not agree that you should have been selected. But you were magnificent in several moments in the last quarter, and did what was necessary to help in limiting Nic Nat.
and John Noble, I thought he was brilliant tonight off half back, and how he moved forward and added pressure when we inside 50. I think that he is a fantastic young player.
This was a magnificent team performance. I salute our entire team. Go Pies!1
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Great win... I assume the pre-game critics have already apologized
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

the fuzz wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
WTF do I know???

I get that it makes some people feel better, admiiting defeat when there's a good possibilty of it. Waitng to be "proved wrong".
That's such a cop out!
Are you supporters?

No Doubt here
Give it a rest man. Of course they are supporters. They are just coping with intense anxiety in the way that they need to.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Magpietothemax wrote:
the fuzz wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote: Me included RH. You're not the only one who has to admit to their misgivings in the pre-game thread. :lol:

That's such a cop out!
Are you supporters?

No Doubt here
Give it a rest man. Of course they are supporters. They are just coping with intense anxiety in the way that they need to.
Give it a rest??
Yeah I wish they would
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

the game was middle of the night over here, could hardly believe my eyes this morning when I checked the result, incredible stuff.

That's why I love being a pieman, another famous 'against the odds' win, even better when you think it was at their so-called fortress.

You can never write the pies off.

(Hats off to you Nathan, restored my belief that we can be a force in the coaches box; our attacking game was kept under wraps for sooo long)
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

OH YE of little faith, i was one of the ONLY ones on here who pre game tipped us to win, albeit i was ten points out, ha ha, i knew we would have a real crack, good on those very few who tipped us too.!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

yes I saw that PnC, kudos to you! I had some hope in the heart, but the head was telling me otherwise!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

PyreneesPie wrote:
sherrife wrote:Can we pay Checkers a decent wage now?
Exactly!!!!!! No more need be said.
In fairness, we don't know what he's currently being paid.

The advantage of rookie-listing is that the rookie minimum wage does not count in the salary cap (but the amount on top of that does).
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Pinch me, did that really happen?? I’m still in shock!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Haff wrote:
the fuzz wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:**** you Liam Ryan
**** you Charlie Cameron
???
You’ve had some cheap shots before, but what’s the point of this?
Racist?
Negative?
Negative racist??
Dickhead
I’m guessing Charlie was his comments which indicated we can’t win. Hope not racist connotations. Would be dissapointing
Absolutely 100% correct. Anyone with a clue knows what Ryan did and what Cameron said about us.

But for those without a clue.

Charlie Cameron can get stuffed saying Brisbane play the winner of Geelong and West Coast.

And Liam Ryan can get stuffed being an arrogant flog showing the ball to Maynard.
Last edited by What'sinaname on Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Held off commenting u til I watched it a second time to make sure I want dreaming
Few things really stood out watching it again

1. Daicos is made for AFL he just has time and is getting more confident each outing
2. If we had a team full of players with Adams heart and effort we would never lose a contest let alone a game
3. Checkers just never says die he just keeps showing up and took him until the last term to get the rewards
4. When we move the ball quick we are near unstoppable hope we remember that next week
5. The selection committee should be prised went with a gut feeling and it worked (talking about Cameron)
6. When I saw we had 5 x 200cm players I thought the worst but it worked a treat leaving Cox deep all night

Watched bucks presser and if he’s telling the truth about Grundy then we are in all sorts of trouble. Surely he’s injured because Nic Nat owns him in every aspect of the game. By starting Cameron at that last critical bounce says a lot about what the coaches are thinking at the moment

Overall a gutsy effort and one that will open the eyes of the teams left in the finals race
I’ve been lucky enough to get a seat for next weeks game and can’t wait

If I could offer bucks one word of advice when the plane lands tomorrow get a Uber put Greenwood in it and send him straight over to Selwood’s room and say I’m living with you for a week
neil
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

yes
WCE suck shit
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum