Post Match. Pies dump Toast. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

mgh3536 wrote:Bloody hell the pictures that josh Thomas has got of Buckley must be so bad!!
Oh, leave off please!!! Tonight is not the right time to dishing any of our players. I just can't relate to such thinking.

JT did alright. He was non-awarded a clear mark in front of goal and dished off the handball, under extreme pressure, to Brody Mihocek who kicked that superb left foot goal in the last quarter.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Mr Miyagi wrote:The WA media aren’t showing highlights of the throws they got away with in the last quarter? The Adams holding the ball call? The non mark to WHE?
The Nic Nat scoop (throw) in the last? Double standards...
The non-mark to Josh Thomas... And why wasn't it holding the ball against McGlutton in the last when he clearly dropped the mark, and made no attempt to offload the ball when he finally realised that play on had been called?
I find your lack of faith disturbing
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

PyreneesPie wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:Bloody hell the pictures that josh Thomas has got of Buckley must be so bad!!
Oh, leave off please!!! Tonight is not the right time to dishing any of our players. I just can't relate to such thinking.

JT did alright. He was non-awarded a clear mark in front of goal and dished off the handball, under extreme pressure, to Brody Mihocek who kicked that superb left foot goal in the last quarter.
Yes! My thoughts exactly - it was Thomas's grunt work to win that ball and get the handball off to Mihocek under extreme pressure. Was a terrific effort.
Larry

Post by Larry »

Just got home from the game it was so good.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Fatui Attata wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
TassiePie1990 wrote:Daicos’ improvement has been unreal this year. His poise and skill is awesome. So happy the club has stuck with him.
I can't remember it properly now (many glasses of red later!), but he did something so skilled, so perfect in one passage of play that resulted in a forward entry and all I could say was "Oh, Daicos!". Great game from the young one.
You talking about his left foot spearing pass to Steph on the wing and ended in a goal? Daicos magic at it's best!
Or in the 3rd he did a great back and forth in the middle, received the ball on the outside delivered a perfect 40 metre pass to Mihocek...
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Great to see the pies overcome finally the eagles tell me who thinks we could get back Howe back for the cats game. Like to bring in will kelly too and maybe ruscoe.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

^ His skills are sublime!! I wish I could accurately recall what he did, but it involved a deft Pendles like control of the ball and yes, then a perfect delivery!!
It was pure Daicos magic!!
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Raw Hammer wrote:Embarrassing.

So Cameron ain’t good enough for the last God knows how many weeks, and Varcoe is (for whatever reasons), but come finals, THIS is the team to win the hardest mission in the AFL?

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

How freakin’ Nathan Buckley a call this is. How vanilla. How beige. How boring.

Laughable.

Our tall forwards in Mihocek / Cox / Grundy is a laughing stock. No disrespect, they have value in their own right. But THAT’S an AFL tall forward line? An AFL FINALS tall forward line? Spare me. I’m sure WCE are shaking in their boots.
Is some credit now due for this brave selection move?
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

90 nice wrote:Great to see the pies overcome finally the eagles tell me who thinks we could get back Howe back for the cats game. Like to bring in will kelly too and maybe ruscoe.
And even if we had all those ins, who deserves to be dropped???
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

^ Daicos is an incarnaton of his father and Sir Scott Pendlebury.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

tbaker wrote:

So Cameron ain’t good enough for the last God knows how many weeks, and Varcoe is (for whatever reasons), but come finals, THIS is the team to win the hardest mission in the AFL?

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Laughable.

Our tall forwards in Mihocek / Cox / Grundy is a laughing stock. No disrespect, they have value in their own right. But THAT’S an AFL tall forward line? An AFL FINALS tall forward line? Spare me. I’m sure WCE are shaking in their boots.
Well said tbaker. I can hardly believe it, but there have been posts on this board tonight (one poster in particular who it seemed may have locked a topic when receiving opposition to their views), who refuse to acknowledge that Bucks and co may have just got it a little bit right!!! The odd thing is that the topic is locked, so that no-one can respond except this poster is still managing to get their posts up????
Last edited by PyreneesPie on Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

tbaker wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Laughable.

tbaker just telling the truth again.
Man, lets see how the negative posters come out and say how our
selction is going to lose us the game against the cats.

Go Pies!!!!
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Happy to be wrong.
WTF do I know???
Go Pies, and such.
Est. 2002
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Credit where credit is due. Selections proved right I guess.

But if Grundy and our mids figure out a way to not even break even, but go 35:65 at centre square ball ups, we probably win by 20+

We can’t let Geelong’s povvo duck set up beat ours next week.
Est. 2002
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

Of all the "throws" that happened tonight, my favourite was Thor's Hammer throw of Darling in the last quarter. The roar from my lounge room made it more ROCKdown than LOCKdown. Grundy is superhuman. He did a lot of strong work around the ground in the second half tonight.
I knew something special would happen tonight after seeing the coach and players smiling heaps before the game and during the week. Buckley especially. I think this had a lot to do with the high level of 'daring' we showed all match.
Go Woods!
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards