Post Match. Pies dump Toast. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

What a magnificent win.

I’m still shaking an hour after the game has finished.
Amazing the results that can be achieved when moving the ball forward at all cost which hopefully has killed the chip chip, backward, defensive rubbish that we were trying to do this season.
- Side By Side -
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Damien wrote:Jack Crisp biggest throw of all time close to the death. If the umps had seen it he was gone and we probably were too.
Noticed the same thing as well. And the free kick he gave away to Darling was there as well. Crisp didn’t have a great last 4 minutes.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Is Optus a longer ground than the Gabba, more MCG size?
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

TassiePie1990 wrote:Daicos’ improvement has been unreal this year. His poise and skill is awesome. So happy the club has stuck with him.
I can't remember it properly now (many glasses of red later!), but he did something so skilled, so perfect in one passage of play that resulted in a forward entry and all I could say was "Oh, Daicos!". Great game from the young one.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Pies2016 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Taylor, 12 contested. Bloody ripper game
Funnily enough, the same number as Treloar but some people don’t like to see that.
Good point Pies 2016.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Happy to get the 4 points and move on :)
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Pies4shaw wrote:I want them all to be forced to watch the highlights of Ryan's showboating on endless repeat until the start of the next season.
Yes!!!!!!
melliot

Post by melliot »

Wow. Just wow. One for the ages.
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Presti35 »

And now The Gumball Rally is on TV, what a night this is
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Stephenson @ 360 metres gained. He had a sneaky impact tonight.

In fact only one Pies player had more metres gained and that was “ he who must be traded by some “ Adam Treloar.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Pies2016 wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:The most pleasing aspect is we had 22 contributors tonight. If we hadn’t we would have lost. Both changes to the team worked out. Cameron was good. Greenwood was fantastic. Didn’t think he had it in him any more. Mayne will be better for the run next week. Even Thomas was ok. No changes for next week. Bring on Geelong.
That’s a good call on Greenwood. You need blokes who don’t get beaten at ground level. Kelly had no impact early and that was due to Greenwood’s blanket job.
Levi was also exceptional in the dying minutes of the game, when he broke through tackles twice with determined strength to send the ball forward. It's a huge credit to him that he's comes back with all his fierce attack on the ball after that ACL.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Hey, i bet that Wet Toast turd who arrogantly showed the ball to one of our guys, is feeling pretty bloody shit and stupid now.! LOL
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

PyreneesPie wrote:
TassiePie1990 wrote:Daicos’ improvement has been unreal this year. His poise and skill is awesome. So happy the club has stuck with him.
I can't remember it properly now (many glasses of red later!), but he did something so skilled, so perfect in one passage of play that resulted in a forward entry and all I could say was "Oh, Daicos!". Great game from the young one.
He’s reached the point as a supporter where you actually relax in your seat when he has ball in hand.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pie as a Kite

Post by Pie as a Kite »

Pies2016 wrote:Stephenson @ 360 metres gained. He had a sneaky impact tonight.

In fact only one Pies player had more metres gained and that was “ he who must be traded by some “ Adam Treloar.
Yes, credit where it's due. He did ok today. Also had a really important spoil on the last line of defence in the last quarter. Credit to Bucks for having faith in him and backing him in after an ordinary game last week where he looked lost of confidence.