#22 Steele Sidebottom

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Yes, but Richmond are a professional, ruthless Club, run by a very good Board, with Gale and that Peggy lady. Look at how they handled those two young blokes and their kebab fiasco, when season ends they may sack them. We, on the other hand, have a weak kneed Board, and a yes man President, who has been there far too long. We are not professional or ruthless, Eddie is well past his use by date, as is Walsh. :oops:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

Ruthless? I hear that word thrown around a lot but can anyone expand on what being ruthless looks like in practice, apart from sacking players who transgress?
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

David,

Fair enough about your point one. Haven't we all been picked up by the police when out for a walk early in the morning while drunk and naked? How else do you get to work?

He's not still one of our best players though. His performance has been tapering for the last couple of seasons. His loss will be felt far less than if we had lost some of the far more important players. He can't go forward and kick goals like he did earlier in his career and he can't shake the taggers. Seven kicks in the 2018 GF and 9 kicks in the 2019 PF is enough evidence from that. Forget about him, move on with the season but cut him from the leadership group over the summer. He's entitled to do what he has done, but he's not a leader. A leader must lead both on and off the field. He fails on both counts.
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:David,

Fair enough about your point one. Haven't we all been picked up by the police when out for a walk early in the morning while drunk and naked? How else do you get to work?

He's not still one of our best players though. His performance has been tapering for the last couple of seasons. His loss will be felt far less than if we had lost some of the far more important players. He can't go forward and kick goals like he did earlier in his career and he can't shake the taggers. Seven kicks in the 2018 GF and 9 kicks in the 2019 PF is enough evidence from that. Forget about him, move on with the season but cut him from the leadership group over the summer. He's entitled to do what he has done, but he's not a leader. A leader must lead both on and off the field. He fails on both counts.
sigh,

those were the days, getting old sux!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

5 from the wing on debut wrote: Fair enough about your point one. Haven't we all been picked up by the police when out for a walk early in the morning while drunk and naked? How else do you get to work?
You’re confusing the salacious part of the story with the actual reason he was suspended, which was about getting into a taxi and visiting Wells. As far as I’m aware he would have (or at any rate should have) copped the same whack if he’d spent the night playing Scrabble and watching Pride and Prejudice.

Otherwise, I think being locked out of your mate’s house in your underwear and being spotted by the cops while sitting on their doorstep is just called bad luck. No matter how much you’ve had to drink.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

David wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote: Fair enough about your point one. Haven't we all been picked up by the police when out for a walk early in the morning while drunk and naked? How else do you get to work?
You’re confusing the salacious part of the story with the actual reason he was suspended, which was about getting into a taxi and visiting Wells. As far as I’m aware he would have (or at any rate should have) copped the same whack if he’d spent the night playing Scrabble and watching Pride and Prejudice.

Otherwise, I think being locked out of your mate’s house in your underwear and being spotted by the cops while sitting on their doorstep is just called bad luck. No matter how much you’ve had to drink.
There was no confusion on my part I was just being a smart arse. Sometimes I just can't help it. That incident did make me think of Charlie Dixon though. He effectively left GC for PA because GC suspended him for having a glass of wine with dinner the night before a match. The world is a very different place for AFL players.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

think positive wrote:...
Many people swear by botox.
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

K wrote:
think positive wrote:...
Many people swear by botox.
cant get it in lockdown, ive tried!!

and yes its pretty good!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Piesnchess wrote:Yes, but Richmond are a professional, ruthless Club, run by a very good Board, with Gale and that Peggy lady. Look at how they handled those two young blokes and their kebab fiasco, when season ends they may sack them. We, on the other hand, have a weak kneed Board, and a yes man President, who has been there far too long. We are not professional or ruthless, Eddie is well past his use by date, as is Walsh. :oops:
Bitchmond aren’t professional they got lucky
Crows were done, GWS was done
Regarding your other opinions, yeh Na
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

^ Yeah, it's easy to be critical of the Crows' descent into Cultism (and they do deserve criticism), but their minds were probably screwed up by the murder of their coach. We and they just didn't realize it at the time.

GWS have a dozen top-22 players missing every finals series. What a joke their medical and fitness guys are. At least, they don't have to worry about that these finals.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

David wrote:Otherwise, I think being locked out of your mate’s house in your underwear and being spotted by the cops while sitting on their doorstep is just called bad luck. No matter how much you’ve had to drink.
From my younger days, sometimes a pesky and idiotic neighbour dobs you in to the cops. Those morons apparently still exist
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

scoobydoo wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Yes, but Richmond are a professional, ruthless Club, run by a very good Board, with Gale and that Peggy lady. Look at how they handled those two young blokes and their kebab fiasco, when season ends they may sack them. We, on the other hand, have a weak kneed Board, and a yes man President, who has been there far too long. We are not professional or ruthless, Eddie is well past his use by date, as is Walsh. :oops:
Bitchmond aren’t professional they got lucky
Crows were done, GWS was done
Regarding your other opinions, yeh Na

The Crows were actually warm favourites to win that flag, actually, they had a stellar season, no luck in that tigers win, none. And if ur happy with a non performing Board, and a Prez well past his use by date, then good luck with that. :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
magirl

Post by magirl »

If we do go on and challenge this year I for one will be so sad to not have Steele there as he has been such a great player for us. I am so happy for him and his partner and their baby. It would be sad to win a premiershi without Sidey
Side by Side
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ There's actually no fear of that, whatsoever.