#22 Steele Sidebottom

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

K wrote:Sadly, our club is unprofessional.

How can you win flags like this?
What an idiotic bloody comment dude. The people you should be blaming are the AFL who could have lobbied the QLD government for an exemption or the use of discretion. To oldies like Piesnchess and me, this is par for course and not a surprise at all. To hell with the AFL in this crappy season played only so that the AFL didn’t get sued by their sponsors for breaking contracts that ensued a certain amount of games each season. Like most politicians I know, the AFL are only concerned about themselves, not Collingwood
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Well this is disappointing,especially since Buckley was talking about him playing in the finals only a couple of hours ago.Talk about one step forward and two steps back!

What happened to the idea of him going into quarantine in the Northern Territory.?That seemed like a good compromise,because it would have given him the chance to exercise outdoors and kick a football around for two weeks,and his family wouldn’t have been locked up in a hotel room as well.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Mr Miyagi wrote:So why is the Qld Govt suddenly treating Steele’s quarantine differently to every other player, club official, their kids, maids, au pairs, and dogs?
Are you for real? Mate believe it or not, it is not just a myth that everyone else hates Collingwood and will never give us a break. I have 45 years of observation and experience to back this up. In the old days it used to be hidden but these days they don’t even bother to do that. I will go on record as saying that if it was any other club, the AFL would have gone in much harder than for Collingwood. I will also say that if it was any other state, this crap wouldn’t have happened. Queensland and the AFL can both go to hell
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

Look on the bright side.
Maybe it will give a player that won’t be tagged into uselessness a go.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Lazza wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:So why is the Qld Govt suddenly treating Steele’s quarantine differently to every other player, club official, their kids, maids, au pairs, and dogs?
Are you for real? Mate believe it or not, it is not just a myth that everyone else hates Collingwood and will never give us a break. I have 45 years of observation and experience to back this up. In the old days it used to be hidden but these days they don’t even bother to do that. I will go on record as saying that if it was any other club, the AFL would have gone in much harder than for Collingwood. I will also say that if it was any other state, this crap wouldn’t have happened. Queensland and the AFL can both go to hell
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:Look on the bright side.
Maybe it will give a player that won’t be tagged into uselessness a go.
Good one!
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Just some clarification on this quarantine
The QLD government haven’t changed the rules at all
The AFL have closed there purpose run quarantine hub they set up which had facilities for outside training amenities
If anyone entering QLD they all must complete the 14 quarantine period in a designated facility
The AFL now don’t have a facility so Sidey and his family would go into lockdown at designated facility
The actual facts are Steele and his partner made the choice when the club relocated here she could have come and quarantined here then had baby here but decided against it which is there choice so it is what it is now
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Don’t interrupt the us vs the world everyone hates Collingwood mythology with the facts, qldmagpie. I Steele feel like Sidey got shafted by the AFL and Qld gov. ;)
Adz

Post by Adz »

Are the Qld government going to make Brisbane isolate every time they play in Victoria?

Sidebottom should have been isolating in his home. If Eddie was half decent at his job they would have have this documented.
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

[quote="Mr Miyagi"]Don’t interrupt the us vs the world everyone hates Collingwood mythology with the facts, qldmagpie. I Steele feel like Sidey got shafted by the AFL and Qld gov. ;)
Pies2016
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^
Appreciate the clarification Qld67.

Obviously you want your best players on the park buts it’s very unlikely Sidey would have proved to be the difference between winning and losing.
It’s the team collective that dictates the result of a game, not an individual.

He’s been a great servant of the club and until anyone has walked in his shoes, his decision should be respected.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Pies2016 wrote:...
It’s the team collective that dictates the result of a game, not an individual.
This is what Buckley claimed until his last press conference, when he admitted he'd been talking bollocks. :!: