#22 Steele Sidebottom

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Achilles wrote:Anyone know when he's allowed to join the fold?
Once the child is born, I cant imagine he'll go back up to Qld straight away. When is she due? Sometime in mid September? Our game Vs the Suns is September 14 and our game Vs Port will be somewhere between the 19th to 27th. Then they'll be a weekly bye and finals will start around the 9th of October.

So to make it back for week one of the finals, he'd have to leave around the 23rd of September. That gives him two weeks in iso and not much time to join the group. I cant see him leaving that early.

The truth is, we might not see him play again this year. If he didn't have to isolate, it would be more of a possibility that he plays again. But losing 2 weeks makes it difficult.

And of course we dont know how far into the finals we'll make it. And we dont even know the dates of the PFs or GF.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

^Could be wrong but I thought bub was due on sept 1.
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

didick wrote:^Could be wrong but I thought bub was due on sept 1.
Yeah, I thought it was early Sept.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Steele Sidebottom has decided to leave the Queensland hub to ensure he is in Melbourne for the birth of his baby with his partner Alisha Edwards due to give birth on September 12
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

What we need is a slightly premature - but exceptional healthy - baby (say by 12 or 13 days)
mugway05

Post by mugway05 »

Is there any reason why this baby isn’t coming out the sun roof?
Around the world in a Collingwood Jumper.

Check out: www.myspace.com/mugway05
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Pies4shaw wrote:What we need is a slightly premature - but exceptional healthy - baby (say by 12 or 13 days)
And a boy would be a bonus
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Today the club shared a pic (on FB) of Sidey back at the holden centre "preparing for a possible finals return"
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

How the AFL will help get star Pie back for finals

https://www.afl.com.au/news/497377/the- ... for-finals
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

Would his head and heart really be in it if he had to choof off straight after the baby was born?
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

What I don't get about these quarantine situations is why can't they just be tested. If the result is negative then surely there's no need to quarantine further. If you can test negative and have the virus then what's the point of the test?
Go Pies!
K

Post by K »

AnthonyC wrote:... If the result is negative then surely there's no need to quarantine further. ...
AFL players are already being tested twice a week, even in the hubs. They clearly don't think that's enough if you've left the hub.

It's the same with returned travellers in hotel quarantine.

One problem is the COVID incubation period. You could start shedding virus a few days or a week after your negative test.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I bet he can’t wait to get back to the party hub! Seriously, be very disappointing if collingwood’s involved in this:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2 ... 66e916945a
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

This stinks, the whole thing, WAGS should not be up there, lolling round pools sipping cocktails, and bloody Grandparents, ??? shit i have not seen my grandkids for weeks, or kids, League needs a big fat rocket up them, this season is a utter fiasco, soon as this farce is over, the better.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K

Post by K »

^ The AFL was forced to give the WAGS what they wanted in order to get the players and AFLPA to agree to all of this.