Post Match. Pies dump Blues. All comments, please

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

PyreneesPie wrote:How interesting - Bucks took a bit of a swipe at a reporter at the end of his presser. Most unusual for him to single out any media article and the words he spoke were reasonable and contained, but geez, there was such a steely glint in his eyes. Just a reminder of the ferocious determination which still bubbles underneath his calm, considered exterior.
Yeah, I can understand why. That was probably one of the "gun journalists" who was writing how Bucks' life is unfulfilled unless we win a Flag under him. such an a**hole. Deserved the steel laser in Bucks'eyes.
However, I was not overly impressed with the tone of the presser. Bucks looked a little too complacent for my liking. The way he was joking around about his mates...I know I will probably cop flack, but I think Bucks should have kept that as inside info for our team. He needs to remain serious after that win. That was a turning point. Just stay serious, quote the stats, say what we did well, and say how we need to improve.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

was great to be able to see collingwood beating carlton live. we dont get that opportunity up here. but it definitely shut those cocky bastards up!

there fans are the worst fowl mouthed scum i have ever heard. and that was just from the females.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Shame about Mayne, hope he is OK...but TBH he never should have been out there, other preferred.
No, what he did was the very reason he should be out there. He contests and puts his body on the line - he did similar against Kangas the previous game, but few seem to notice; good thing it doesn't go unnoticed by Bux and teammates.
I find your lack of faith disturbing
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

tbaker wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Shame about Mayne, hope he is OK...but TBH he never should have been out there, other preferred.
No, what he did was the very reason he should be out there. He contests and puts his body on the line - he did similar against Kangas the previous game, but few seem to notice; good thing it doesn't go unnoticed by Bux and teammates.
Yeah I agree. so much of what our players do flies under the radar. I know that when I watch our games, I miss so much of that full on pressure, which is so crucial, yet goes unnoticed to the careless eye because it does not lead to a spectacular and immediate denoument. Hope Mayne is OK, and hope he will be ok for finals. Go Pies!!
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Also really happy how we nullified cripps tonight. I am not sure exactly how we did it, but I think alot needs to be said about our midfield pressure. I thought our mids were great. Tay was a colossus. so also Jamie was fantastic. And I thought Tay Brown also had a magnificent game, and proved why he should be selected. I think we nullified him through a team performance in the midfield. Well done boys! The sleeping Magpie is waking up.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Darcy Cameron's differential from best to worst is awful. 1 possession today!! Next week:

Outs:

Mayne (injured)
Cameron (omit)

Ins:

Greenwood
Rantall (time to unleash)
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

We are 4-5 players short from challenging but would be great to get this squad onto the field before seasons end. Would naturally make us more competitive.

B: Maynard Roughead Howe
HB: Crisp Moore Quaynor
C: Steele Treloar Daicos
HF: Stevo Mihocek WHE
F: Elliott DeGoey Mason
F: Grundy Pendelbury Adams
ICH: Mayne, T Brown, Noble, Phillips
EMERG: Greenwood, C Brown, Thomas, Broomhead
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

The little things. Watch Mihocek’s timely shepherd of Martin to release Daicos for his final quarter goal. It’s these little, often unrewarded or unnoticed acts that win games and ultimately finals/flags.

No doubt the coaching staff notice.
Est. 2002
Raw Hammer
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

inxs88 wrote:We are 4-5 players short from challenging but would be great to get this squad onto the field before seasons end. Would naturally make us more competitive.

B: Maynard Roughead Howe
HB: Crisp Moore Quaynor
C: Steele Treloar Daicos
HF: Stevo Mihocek WHE
F: Elliott DeGoey Mason
F: Grundy Pendelbury Adams
ICH: Mayne, T Brown, Noble, Phillips
EMERG: Greenwood, C Brown, Thomas, Broomhead
Greenwood would take the place of any one of your interchange players. His hardness in finals (assuming we get there) is required.
Est. 2002
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

Goals
Stevo 2
Thomas 2
Checkers 2
Cox 2
Phillips & Daicos 1 each

A spread but more to the point the 2018 usual suspects did their thing

Missing from the squad JDG

Elliott got a leave pass to midfield and was excellent
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Leggie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

Big shout out to Cox.
I thought he was Mintox.
1st and 2nd efforts were massive.

Go Pies
Bring Back Tranquilli
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

Mayneys guts and selflessness is a reminder that we can bag players from the stands and in front of the tv but we are not out there risking massive injury and disfigurement. What a champ.
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
alexjvillani

Post by alexjvillani »

Tyler Brown > Callum, he doesn't muck around with the ball and looks like he has an ounce of composure. Got 4 clearances yesterday on his first game back. Loving the look of him.
Smoking shadows behind the mirrors - Travis Cloke
glasseyevfx

Post by glasseyevfx »

not to nit pick but I think JT gets top billing over Stevo.

yes they both got two and had similar figures but JT's second and third efforts and tackling puts him ahead yesterday.

I only make the point as he has been a whipping boy around here for a while and deserves better.
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
slangman
Has liked: 24 times

Post by slangman »

How much better are Monday’s after a win against the Filth??

Some very good performers yesterday lead by Adams. He might not be the silkiest player but you can NEVER question his endeavour.
Our forward line for whatever reason looks more settled with the Cox/Stephenson combination and it allows others to flow off that pairing.
I’d like to know how many games this year that they have played in together.

....and Maynard is on his way to AA.
- Side By Side -