Post Match. Pies run over Crows. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

Great 2nd half and great win
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

simon tonna wrote:couldnt watch the dam game. im hoping cameron showed some promise and im guessing he did ok with a contribution of goals.
heres hoping there were no injuries and we can go into the next match with some confidence and even more resting of key players and jag a win like tonight.
Did you get to watch the football game?

Dam games can be kinda boring, unless of course, they are breaching their walls/
Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

Mayne and Varcoe are giving us nothing. You can excuse the guys that haven’t played a lot of footy but these 2 with all their experience just not good enough. Stevo even though he got 2 goals only had 4 disposals. Looks lost out there. Time maybe for our role playing coach to give him a role out of the square and try give him some space to do what he does best.

Thomas was better in 2nd half.
Last edited by Johnno75 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess wrote:So, i guess those posters, i wont call them pea hearts, thats kinda rude, who ran this side into the ground in first half, ridiculed, mocked, spewed at, said pretty bad things bout the club and coach, will now come here now, fawning over and extolling what a great win it was. Unreal.

ALL i will say, it was a great win, guts, by a second string team, down to bare bones, very low on soldiers. It was only the Crows, but they were out to get us tonight, on their own mad pissing ground, and we beat em, won well in the end. Pretty gutsy effort, id rather win ugly than lose beautifully. Take it and run, we got four points, move on, im pretty satisfied now,gutsy effort, really in the end.
That's like saying, I'm not racist, but......
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

A match of two halves. Got the 4 points, not too many injured.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

watt price tully wrote:A match of two halves. Got the 4 points, not too many injured.
All matches are of two halves.
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

Is Roughead ok?
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

What'sinaname wrote:
piedys wrote:Winning ugly; bank the points, lick wounds, reload for saturday night.
I hope no one has a groin injury.....or heaven forbid.....a strained glute.
True dat. Perhaps sterilise wounds, before licking clean...

On another note, players seemed pumped during team song in rooms.
Hope that means morale is still high?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

watt price tully wrote:A match of two halves. Got the 4 points, not too many injured.
Ha ha. We were able to stretcher off all the injured combatants easily this time.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

think positive wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Mayne...surely enough is enough
Maybe Buckley, enough is enough of playing Mayne inside F50. He is so much better on the wing.
Agree far from the worst

Is anyone else disappointed Sidey has not stepped up?
ive been disappointed for a loooonnnngggg time. remember the 2012 to 17. no leadership from him ever.
same situation now and not surprised.
no second chances
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Piesnchess wrote:So, i guess those posters, i wont call them pea hearts, thats kinda rude, who ran this side into the ground in first half, ridiculed, mocked, spewed at, said pretty bad things bout the club and coach, will now come here now, fawning over and extolling what a great win it was. Unreal.

ALL i will say, it was a great win, guts, by a second string team, down to bare bones, very low on soldiers. It was only the Crows, but they were out to get us tonight, on their own mad pissing ground, and we beat em, won well in the end. Pretty gutsy effort, id rather win ugly than lose beautifully. Take it and run, we got four points, move on, im pretty satisfied now,gutsy effort, really in the end.
You've said all I wanted to Piesnchess, especially the bit about the gutsy effort!, Thanks :wink:
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

What'sinaname wrote:
simon tonna wrote:couldnt watch the dam game. im hoping cameron showed some promise and im guessing he did ok with a contribution of goals.
heres hoping there were no injuries and we can go into the next match with some confidence and even more resting of key players and jag a win like tonight.
Did you get to watch the football game?

Dam games can be kinda boring, unless of course, they are breaching their walls/
gotcha
no second chances
piedys

Post by piedys »

Johnno75 wrote: Stevo even though he got 2 goals only had 4 disposals. Looks lost out there. Time maybe for our role playing coach to give him a role out of the square and try give him some space to do what he does best..
Tony Shaw on 3AW a few minutes ago advocating the club get Peter Daicos to assist Stepho with the art of playing forward....
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

As others have said it was important just to get the four points in the punishing schedule the A.F..L has given us.I’m just glad we weren’t the first team to lose to Adelaide.That would have been hard to live down.
piedys

Post by piedys »

doriswilgus wrote:As others have said it was important just to get the four points in the punishing schedule the A.F..L has given us.I’m just glad we weren’t the first team to lose to Adelaide.That would have been hard to live down.
Losing tonight might have broken me for 2020; I'm hanging in there as it is...