Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Tannin wrote:
David wrote:Just seems kind of sad to me: a guy having an extended mental breakdown in front of an audience of millions ... There is something unnerving about so many people following every step of this attention-seeking family ... Can't help but wonder whether, if all the wealth and fame wasn't there, they might actually lead functional, relatively normal lives.
Possibly, But I doubt it. The whole Trump family are on the edge of being dysfunctional personalities. Donald is well past the edge, and getting visibly more disturbed with every passing week. He's not coping well with the pressure of knowing he is going to lose and he could break out into a full-on psychotic episode at any time. You just can't say when.
Probably not the right thread for this, but did anyone see his recent Fox News interview? It's pretty entertaining, and I think kind of tells you all you need to know about Trump. You see him wheel out the three or four coronavirus talking points he has, and just absolutely flounder when he's challenged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6XdpDOH1JA
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:
luvdids wrote:This was a big WTF for me, like, seriously, is Yeezy losing it? :shock:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... 7bfa62c476

I think he's losing it.

So what if I trawl through celebrity crap during lunch ;)
Just seems kind of sad to me: a guy having an extended mental breakdown in front of an audience of millions, and one presumes the supposed presidential run is just part of this manic episode, or whatever it is. There is something unnerving about so many people following every step of this attention-seeking family, mostly out of schadenfreude I guess? Can't help but wonder whether, if all the wealth and fame wasn't there, they might actually lead functional, relatively normal lives.
The guy is Bi Polar and doesn't take medication for it, so that's likely an episode not a breakdown.

Since they collectively have very little in the way of actually useful skills, if they weren't famous and wealthy they'd be standard trailer trash rather than cashed up trailer trash.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
luvdids wrote:This was a big WTF for me, like, seriously, is Yeezy losing it? :shock:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... 7bfa62c476

I think he's losing it.

So what if I trawl through celebrity crap during lunch ;)
Just seems kind of sad to me: a guy having an extended mental breakdown in front of an audience of millions, and one presumes the supposed presidential run is just part of this manic episode, or whatever it is. There is something unnerving about so many people following every step of this attention-seeking family, mostly out of schadenfreude I guess? Can't help but wonder whether, if all the wealth and fame wasn't there, they might actually lead functional, relatively normal lives.
The guy is Bi Polar and doesn't take medication for it, so that's likely an episode not a breakdown.

Since they collectively have very little in the way of actually useful skills, if they weren't famous and wealthy they'd be standard trailer trash rather than cashed up trailer trash.
famous for a sex video with a noone bf, does anyone watch the show? i tries for 5 min, seriously, what a disgusting bunch!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Does? you mean that kartrashian show is still going? :shock:

Never watched it, I avoid garbage like that.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Does? you mean that kartrashian show is still going? :shock:

Never watched it, I avoid garbage like that.
apparently so.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Not me, just clicked on the story.

I get that he's bi polar and clearly having some sort of episode, without taking medication for his known mental health issue, is that really the right type of person to run for President? I mean, isn't one bad enough?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

No, if he's not going to take medication to control his condition, he shouldn't be running for President.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Is there any medication for what ails Trump and Biden?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

David wrote:Here’s the old thread, for posterity’s sake! viewtopic.php?t=70732
So who is this Posterity bugger anyway, and why does he have a thing for old threads?
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I just went to the post office to check my po box for mail. Entry via locked door, narrow passageway with the boxes on one wall.

I walk in, a woman comes in behind me.

I go to open my po box, hers is apparently almost next to mine but lower. So while I get my mail, she apologises for getting so close (she's basically breathing on my belt buckle while getting her mail), gets her mail and walks out just ahead of me.

Now I said "no problems " when she was apologising but I couldn't help thinking that she only had to wait 30 seconds and I would've been done and out of the road. She couldn't wait 30 fkn seconds.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Gosh! Are you saying I need to see a doctor?
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Or at least take the weights of it. :P
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Wrong forum :oops:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

So I was watching the Dogs v Cats game last night. The Dogs were wearing black armbands to acknowledge the death of former player Neil Sachse, who became a quadriplegic when he suffered a spinal injury playing his second game for the Dogs back in the 70s. While the commentators were discussing Sachse they showed a photo of him in his wheelchair, holding his Footscray jumper with a smile on his face. I was surprised that he'd view his short stint at the Dogs in a positive light