Post Match. Pies/Tigers draw. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pep

Post by Pep »

If we can play that bad for 2 and half qtrs and still hold of the premiers who played some of their pressuring best. We can take some positives from that.

Howe - Amazing - if only he can stamp out is one per game "howeller"...

Forward entry inF50 has been a problem for a long time, and we don't have a proper FF to kick to...

Our field kicking is just not good enough, too many turnovers.
We played into the tigs trap, rushed kick out of defence due to pressure and it comes straight back in again...
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

That game felt like the 2018 GF. Limping along except this time the Tigers couldn’t find a way to kick a goal.

0 goals in the second half.

Can we ditch this low scoring close game DNA in our Club and move back to the 2010/11 100 point floggings?!
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Lazza wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Lazza wrote: So in your head the umps had no influence in the result, Collingwood lost the game and you are pissing on Collingwood who did everything within their control to win
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
pieboy
Been liked: 2 times

Post by pieboy »

Has a team ever not lead in a match yet drew a match before?
Adz

Post by Adz »

Tigers won last 9 clearances.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

Piesnchess wrote:Take it and run with it, really thought wed lose that, but we gutsed it out. We miss certain goals, that must be rectified, fast, and the Umps were utter shit. We hung on i guess, got two points, against the flag team. Give us Cox, Langdon, Treloar, Stepheson, next time we play em, and look out.! Anyway, im stuffed, time for a drink.
I apologise to anyone else that has made the same comment as I am about to, but I have only just started reading this thread. Having said that, how do you know what happened? Did someone that watched the game tell you? Weren’t you the one bleating about how you weren’t going to watch the game because there was no crowd and no atmosphere and saying that they shouldn’t be playing? Or, did you come to realise that they’re your team and of course you would be watching them - as everyone on here that has read your posts in the past knew that you would?
Adz

Post by Adz »

I do not want to hear “positives from that result”. It’s that loser mentality that has plagued the club.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

^ :) I Was waiting for someone to p0int this out 5 from the wing :)

Truly, I reckon we've worked out how to beat Richmond and it was evident in the first quarter - precision kicking so that they cannot get their chaos, pressure game going. Sadly, we either got fatigued or panicked with increased Richmond pressure, or both.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

The difference was Houli killed us.
Beat Houli and we win by a decent amount.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Adz wrote:I do not want to hear “positives from that result”. It’s that loser mentality that has plagued the club.
Agree completely. Mediocrity is too easily accepted with any and every excuse imaginable given. How, just how does this team allow for such incredibly long periods of time without scoring and think this is an acceptable approach to winning football games. If you are going to score a pitiful 5 goals in a game at least kick one every 20 minutes and spread it out a bit. Nothing for over 1 hour!!!
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

It'll be interesting to see who gets the Brownlow votes from that game.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Monco Matt wrote:
Adz wrote:I do not want to hear “positives from that result”. It’s that loser mentality that has plagued the club.
Agree completely. Mediocrity is too easily accepted with any and every excuse imaginable given. !
Oh for goodness sake MM. The premiers from last season only kicked 5 goals too!!!! If we are losers and mediocre, then so are the reigning premiers!! Give all the players of all teams are break, including ours. They are trying to play the game to the best of their ability in extremely unusual and trying circumstances.
Millane42

Post by Millane42 »

That was pathetic - need Stevo in and JT out but very difficult to win games without a power forward. Never understand why they don’t try throwing a Moore or Howe to full forward who can mark and good kicks for goal. Even try it for a qtr. pies looked scared when pressure came. Ordinary coaching just like 2018 GF get a decent lead then relax and let other team in makes boring viewing trying to defend instead of attacking. Tigers more hungry than us and shows why they’re dual premiers and we are also rans
Most of my favourite bands start with "M" - Mars Volta, Mastodon, Megadeth, Metallica, Midnight Oil, Misfits...except King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard ~
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

^ We were first to the ball more often :)
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Millane42 wrote: Tigers more hungry than us and shows why they’re dual premiers and we are also rans
Oh, did we just get thrashed by the premiers of last season????? How pathetic are we????