Post Match. Pies/Tigers draw. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Cannot go blaming umpires for this result. We had over 1 hour of footy to kick 1 lousy goal and could not do it. This is on us as always. Our own worst enemy.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

makri wrote:Jordie needs to stop jerking off over the goals from behind the boundary line that he snags at training that Collingwood keep posting on their Insta feed and do the simple things like kicking them from 20 out on the run.
De Goey was Crap today. Played Lazy and just tried the Flashy Stuff

Not Good Enough
I am Da Man
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Monco Matt wrote:Cannot go blaming umpires for this result. We had over 1 hour of footy to kick 1 lousy goal and could not do it. This is on us as always. Our own worst enemy.
We don't have a Good Forward Line
I am Da Man
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:The incompetence of the umpires cost us 4 points.

Higgins' mark should never have been paid.
Yep even Richmond fans said it was wrong, and what about the no push in the back?

I’m so pissed off right now!
Last edited by think positive on Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Intriguing match. Both defences dominated for most of the game. The Pies held up magnificently as most teams would have cracked under that pressure.

Both teams are very likely top 4 material.

Sidey, Howe and Pendlebury starred.

Great early form by Daicos and Brown C.

Good debut by Darcy Cameron.

A lot to like. I am optimistic about this year
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

derkd wrote:No injuries is a win. We take it. A fair result really.

Not sure what Grundy copped but he was less influential post going into the rooms than he normally is
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

I reckon we should be concerned re: clearances. Centre clearances good, others we get beaten way too much and easily. I don’t know the answer - Grundy hit it wider, set up more defensively? Not sure, but it’s a problem against the good sides.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

That was a butt ugly scrap of a game. We started well but that's about where things end because everything after that was a mess. How can a team so highly rated as ours squander so many chances and yes, I'm looking at you jordan de nada who runs towards goal and goes the nana instead of a drop punt.

Big credit to our defense for saving the game. Mids fought but lacked support and experience and the less said about our limp forward line the better although Mihocek took some strong grabs. So easily could've won and oh so easily could've lost too. Our turnovers continue to be a problem and we fatigued way too easily tonight. Still, we kept them to 5.6. but only scored that ourselves. If we're to have a serious crack this year then we better get our shit together quick smart.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

doriswilgus wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:This mob is so far off, drinking their own bath water...
We just drew with the hot premiership favourites and you say we’re so far off it?Hmmm.
Doris, she trolls after a loss, she’s not worth it.

Your absolutely right,

And I really hope more gets saidabout that ‘Mark”
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

doriswilgus wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:This mob is so far off, drinking their own bath water...
We just drew with the hot premiership favourites and you say we’re so far off it?Hmmm.
Exactly doris!!! Our backline was superb to hold off that avalanche. Howie absolutely saved the game for us.

Both sides obviously showing the effects of a stop-start season. They were both so exhausted by the last quarter, that it was just kicking in hope. Nevertheless, I'm quite astonished actually that we managed to guts out a draw. Well done Pies.
Greening gold
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

I'm not sure who is supposed to be doing what in the forward line. What is Elliott's job?
I was wondering about fitness too. Looked like we spent most of our gas in the first quarter while Richmond were warming up. Second half there was not enough accountability for a designated opponent, so Richmond players kept running past without an opponent. They also looked like they knew what their teammate was going to do.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

How much do we need a forward
The Great Macedonian Marvel
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Monco Matt wrote:Complete garbage. Same old shit that we don't want to see anymore. How long without a goal?? I think the wheel was invented shortly after. What is the team trying to achieve? Nothing after the 1st qtr, nothing. Never seen a Collingwood team play the way we do. We have no KPF, it cost us the 2018 flag and 2019 PF, cannot win the ball across half forward and therefore cannot create enough opportunities. The midfield are a group of downhill skiing passengers. When the going gets tough they vanish. Forget it.
So in your head the umps had no influence in the result, Collingwood lost the game and you are pissing on Collingwood who did everything within their control to win
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:The incompetence of the umpires cost us 4 points.

Higgins' mark should never have been paid.
Yep even Richmond fans said it was wrong, and what about the no push in the back?

I’m so pissed off right now!

Yeah but if we didn't cough up the lead, that shit decision wouldn't have mattered!
No one cares about decisions like that if you're up by 40 odd.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
DT
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Brown26 wrote:I reckon we should be concerned re: clearances. Centre clearances good, others we get beaten way too much and easily. I don’t know the answer - Grundy hit it wider, set up more defensively? Not sure, but it’s a problem against the good sides.
Has been a problem in 2018 GF and 2019 PF. But it is fixable and I think we have the right depth and mix of players now. Spot on that Grundy needs to develop a strategy for dealing with it but did win a good clearance in the fourth and also started to get on top in the fourth quarter
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!