So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

I can cook but I’m not intuitive and can’t do the bit of this and that - my brain doesn’t work that way I measure exactly everything to the recipe. Hubby is a much better cook than me - he does the bit of this and bit of that! His work dropped off a bit and I thought you beauty he can cook - unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you see it he has lots of regulars and lots of work now - so I’m still doing the cooking :(
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

I can cook i just cant be bothered! i just dont understand people with a passion for it, and i hate hate hate cooking shows except Gordon Ramsey, and he doesnt really do cooking shows! its more an action show!!

if hubby or one of the kids cook i dont care if it tastes like Pal - yum yum!! (well therres always cereal!! im seinfeld with cereal!)
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Since Covid-19, I've gone overboard with healthy eating, tonight was some indulgence which includes a plate of zoodles [zuccini and carrots cut to look like pasta] topped with a red wine and onion pasta sauce with added ingredients including sauteed mushroom, stuffed olives, capers and prosciutto also topped with parsley and grated parmesan.
think positive

Post by think positive »

that sounds yum, and i love zoodles, i have a zoodle maker! that i love its quick and easy!
stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

My body hates me.

In the last month I've been exercising more than ever, eating healthy, cut back on alcohol and my weight has barely changed.

I'm gonna start cooking artery hardening tucker and enjoy
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

I'm eating more and exercising less. In terms of weight there's only one direction.

Breakfast this morning was stir fried mushrooms, broccolini, snow peas, zucchini, spinanch leaves with a bit of olive oil and a bit of soy. That was plated with two scrambled eggs, and a grilled large tomato and a grilled chorizo sausage. I won't eat till tonight after work with two cups of coffee and more tea.

Since X'mas I've been slack with the Keto in terms of how strict I was. Youngest came around with some magnificent orange cake last week & who was I not to support my kids?

I still don't eat bread, grains and pasta but not being able to go to spin class where i could really bun it off two days a week let alone the lack of cycling most of the time has not been good.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:My body hates me.

In the last month I've been exercising more than ever, eating healthy, cut back on alcohol and my weight has barely changed.

congratulation, youve turned into a woman!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:My body hates me.

congratulation, youve turned into a woman!!
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Shitty day, did a supermarket crawl just to get out of the house and bought bugger all, but I have stocked up on different dried beans which is good.

Made a banana and walnut bread this arvo, should be tasty.

Had some small meatballs in the fridge, half an eggplant and half a punnet of sliced mushies so I bought some mince to make spag bol with meatballs. Simmering away happily,
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

making a meatless minestrone, just veg and dried beans n stuff. That's lunch for next week,

Gonna have some of the leftover spag boll for dinner tonight and do the lamb roast I have there tomorrow. Benefits of not commuting to work is I can start dinner earlier.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Minestrone too here, but with bacon. Good night for it.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Last night, Moroccan baked eggplant. Well, my interpretation of it.

Tomato, onion, garlic, cous cous, little bit of mince, lemon zest, raisins, lots of fresh coriander, heaps of cumin, cinnamon, tumeric, pine nuts, and parmesan, all fried up in the wok and then spooned into hollowed-out eggplants and baked 'till the cheese forms a bubbly crust.

Yum!

The bad news: it only used up one of the three large very ripe eggplants I bought for $2 the lot yesterday. That leaves the other two to eat soon or throw away.

The good news: big vote of approval for the baked eggplant last night, and can we have it again tonight please? I'm going to tweak it a little: even more cumin (!), a touch more lemon, maybe some dates as well as raisins, and different cheese (mostly 'coz we've run out of parmesan).
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

And then baba ganoush with the remaining aubergine. Yum!
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

That happens to be exactly Robyn's plan. :)
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I was rather hoping to hear how the remaining eggplant found itself piffed at the head of the leader of the Possums as they launched another raid on the vege garden.