#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

themonk

Post by themonk »

Johnno75 wrote:I have my suspicions that he will retire soon, hope I am wrong but don’t think we will see him put on the stripes again.
Unfortunately I think you may be right.

The positive is we have several young midfielders on the verge of senior football whilst it will ease the pressure on our salary cap to sign Jordon and Darcy.

Maybe even bring in a key forward?

Still, I'd love to see him get it together and play another 2-3 years, maybe a flag.
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

^ Sounds like Sier is pulling his finger out this pre season. Hopefully he fills the void left by Beams.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
barrackers

Post by barrackers »

Has put his 2019 playing jumpers up as a prize with the winners to be randomly drawn from those who buy his art from now until the end of March.
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Beams won't be back at Collingwood.
He's not welcome at the club given some of his behaviour.
Virtually no players follow his social media any longer.
Last year he was photoshopped into the official photo (I think with less tatts). This year left out.
It's a shame because he is a gun footballer when fit.
i suspect his broader AFL career is likely finished too.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
Presti35
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Presti35 »

Yeah there's bigger things in life. But I really hope it hasnt cost us a shot at another flag.

I really want him to come back and help us win another.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Abdul The Bull

Post by Abdul The Bull »

Presti35 wrote:
The best way he could help is to make a decision and stick to it. He needs to retire and relieve some salary cap pressure.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Abdul The Bull wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
The best way he could help is to make a decision and stick to it. He needs to retire and relieve some salary cap pressure.
i agree.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Abdul The Bull wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Yep, I reckon this would be the best decision for the club and would like to see it happen much sooner than later.

Perhaps not the best decision for Dayne though, as I guess if he retires he loses whatever footy income he's getting at the moment? It's a sad way for a brilliant player to have to depart, but then again, I guess for some players, retirement is sad regardless.
Abdul The Bull

Post by Abdul The Bull »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Perhaps not the best decision for Dayne though, as I guess if he retires he loses whatever footy income he's getting at the moment? It's a sad way for a brilliant player to have to depart, but then again, I guess for some players, retirement is sad regardless.
That may be the case, PP but what's best for Dayne is Dayne's call and may not be the best for Collingwood FC.
I'm conflicted on the whole mental health issue. Yes, I feel for the person suffering but in this instance (AFL, not just Dayne's - think Jessie Hogan) it's a pretty sweet deal the players have. In both Jessie and Dayne's cases they were recent signings for new teams and both teams have had a very poor return on investment. As a supporter my first priority is the club - players come and go - so I get frustrated when I hear of situations like theirs especially when your average Joe doesn't have the same opportunity or supposed compassion. I can't think of any other employment contract where you can decide that mental health issues preclude you from performing your duties and you still keep getting paid! Not a bad gig, really. :roll:
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Albert Parker wrote:Beams won't be back at Collingwood.
He's not welcome at the club given some of his behaviour.
Virtually no players follow his social media any longer.
Last year he was photoshopped into the official photo (I think with less tatts). This year left out.
It's a shame because he is a gun footballer when fit.
i suspect his broader AFL career is likely finished too.
Correct.

The club doesn't want him back and I've heard rumours that he's going to announce his retirement soon.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

^This week even I have heard.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
Medieval

Post by Medieval »

There is much more to this story, but that story will more than likely never be told. Beams’ retirement is imminent, after which he will have no ties to the Collingwood Football Club apart from his name in the history books. His Premiership medal resides at club HQ, his jumpers auctioned off to fans. Such a shame to see a Premiership player depart in such a manner, but you gotta play in the boots you laced up.
The only stat that matters is whether you win or lose.
Medieval

Post by Medieval »

Albert Parker wrote:Virtually no players follow his social media any longer.
This is wildly inaccurate. Here are the CFC players that currently follow DB on Instagram:

Darcy Moore
Jamie Elliott
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Tom Wilson
Will Kelly
Josh Thomas
Taylor Adams
Brayden Sier
Scott Pendlebury
Ben Reid
Josh Daicos
Jeremy Howe
Adam Treloar
Tom Phillips
Chris Mayne
Lynden Dunn
Brody Mihocek
Mason Cox
Brayden Maynard
Jay Rantall
Jayden Stephenson
Jordan DeGoey
Flynn Appelby
John Noble
Jack Crisp
Callum Brown
Brodie Grundy
Isaac Quaynor

As well as the official CFC Instagram.

As I said, wildly inacurate.
The only stat that matters is whether you win or lose.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

^ A notable absentee on that list.

Steele Sidebottom.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I've unfollowed friends and family only because I was sick of the crap they kept spamming lol We're still friends and family.

There'll always be rumours swirling around Beams, even after he's left the club. Just gotta trust the club will do what's best for the club.