Post Match. Pies pipped in Prelim. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Being a sucker for punishment, I watched a replay of the game and was struck by how well Wills played in the first quarter, getting the ball out to our outside players, with 8 possessions. He seemed to fade out of the game after that and had zero possessions in the last quarter - where I think he spent most of the time on the bench.

I wonder if he got injured at all, or if he simply ran out of gas?
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

please delete this thread its old news now please
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

Bring back Murray Weideman!
roxymeg

Post by roxymeg »

gree with that some of our players are too small and not physical enough for top afl sides. Also, we do lack players who are tough, and other clubs do have them. Go back to our game against North, they pounded us and some of our players just did not go in hard enough. Also, our tackles are too easily broken - some of the opposition just walk through them.
However, I feel that the main factor in losing this game was the lack of a game plan ( or plan B) and this gets back to coaching. When the ball is in our forward half, and in the opponents hands, we let them walk it out onto our forward line by laying off them by say 5 to 10 metres. We put no pressure on at all.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

RudeBoy wrote:Being a sucker for punishment, I watched a replay of the game and was struck by how well Wills played in the first quarter, getting the ball out to our outside players, with 8 possessions. He seemed to fade out of the game after that and had zero possessions in the last quarter - where I think he spent most of the time on the bench.

Fair call. He only played 54% game time. Not sure why.
16 possessions and 12 tackles.
i hate carlton
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by i hate carlton »

Umpires robbed us.

Appalling.

%$^ off the goal review system.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Pies2016 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Being a sucker for punishment, I watched a replay of the game and was struck by how well Wills played in the first quarter, getting the ball out to our outside players, with 8 possessions. He seemed to fade out of the game after that and had zero possessions in the last quarter - where I think he spent most of the time on the bench.

Fair call. He only played 54% game time. Not sure why.
16 possessions and 12 tackles.
They are quite incredible stats given that game time. I thought he was one of our best in the first half, then quiet. That would explain why, he was off the ground half the time!
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

3 kicks?
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Does Rupert feature in the next season/seasons and based on those stats in what was his most important game in his career to date does he need an uninterrupted pre season with predominantly finding how to build a tank big enough to do better than half a game

I don’t see Sier at this stage taking a step in improving to push him out and for that matter his tank ain’t huge either

It’s just one of many things need addressing between now and March 2020
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Pies4shaw wrote:3 kicks?
Re Wills - It’s not an ideal kick / handball ratio but his 16 touches went at 81%, so he couldn’t have made to many bad decisions. It’s more that he’s not a damaging player with ball in hand.

More than anything, I think his numbers in the last couple months suggest that there is some hope for him to be a “ regular “ member of our best squad next year.
If he works hard and gets through unscathed in the pre season, we might even get some further improvement. Not sure many felt that way a few months ago.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

inxs88 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:John Longmuir is also in another clubs sights ...
Justin
A cunning plan. Ship John to the Dockers and keep Justin.