Post Match. Pies pipped in Prelim. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

^ I agree Lazza...injuries are not an excuse, but a reason. All the more reason why it is of paramount importance that we investigate the statistics that K presented, and do everything in our power to uncover if there is any reason for us to be at the very top of the table for matches lost due to injury since 2013, and to be a statistical outlier along with GC.
How? I am not sure. I am not paid millions of dollars to find out the reasons, if there are any. But there are others who are.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
bokka

Post by bokka »

Another possible factor is overtraining, that many players are really pushing the limits that their body can tolerate to get that extra level of performance.
I remember back in the day doing carpoera training and the boss kept pushing me to go lower in the legs in the basic capoera exercise, it felt like it was too much but I just pushed through the pain to do it, but after a few weeks something went in my leg, a quad tendon or something and I had to stop and had a long term injury for at least 2 years. The only thing I got out of that was that I was capable of pushing through pain that was beyond a safe level, not much of a consolation prize. Notice it tends to be our highest performing players (eg Degoey, Moore) or mediocre players who have improved a lot through hard work (eg Langdon, Sier), who get these chronic soft tissue exercises.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Magpietothemax wrote:^ I agree Lazza...injuries are not an excuse, but a reason. All the more reason why it is of paramount importance that we investigate the statistics that K presented, and do everything in our power to uncover if there is any reason for us to be at the very top of the table for matches lost due to injury since 2013, and to be a statistical outlier along with GC.
How? I am not sure. I am not paid millions of dollars to find out the reasons, if there are any. But there are others who are.
Fair point. I too get frustrated by these constant injuries. However I have never got this stuff about blaming fitness staff for football injuries on the field. My logical brain goes nuts. Injuries, like shit, happens. The logical solution is to play soft football and that will not happen.

My game was cricket and loved short pitched fast bowling because I could hook and pull very well. However occasionally I would cop a real nasty dart that hit me on the shoulder, helmet or back of the neck. That bloody hurt :evil: But I always blamed myself for missing a ball, not the bowler who was doing his job, nor the coach.
So the action during football cause most of the injuries, that is the game.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

bokka wrote:Another possible factor is overtraining, that many players are really pushing the limits that their body can tolerate to get that extra level of performance.
I remember back in the day doing carpoera training and the boss kept pushing me to go lower in the legs in the basic capoera exercise, it felt like it was too much but I just pushed through the pain to do it, but after a few weeks something went in my leg, a quad tendon or something and I had to stop and had a long term injury for at least 2 years. The only thing I got out of that was that I was capable of pushing through pain that was beyond a safe level, not much of a consolation prize. Notice it tends to be our highest performing players (eg Degoey, Moore) or mediocre players who have improved a lot through hard work (eg Langdon, Sier), who get these chronic soft tissue exercises.
So if one over-exercises doing advanced Capybara you have to have a knee reconstruction? :shock:

Tell me again how sheep's bladders can be employed to prevent earthquakes? :wink:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

[quote="watt price tully"][quote="Magpietothemax"][quote="watt price tully"]
Another troll. Are you and Adz the same poster? This was not a grand final genius. Pathetic & histrionic nonsense. Learn to grow a pair.

Scarred FFS
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
RudeBoy
Been liked: 88 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Injuries did not cost us the game on Saturday. Poor performances from Pendles, Treloar, Adams, Sidey, Mihocek, Mayne, Brown, WHE, Aish, Noble, Reid, as well as poor tap work from Grundy cost us the game. No ifs, no buts, no maybes.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I can't believe that a Collingwood supporter could blame Grundy. He just played one of the most dominant games ever by a player in a black and white jumper. If he hadn't been on the ground, we'd have lost by 147 points the way the rest of the team played and the coaching panel coached.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Pies4shaw wrote:I can't believe that a Collingwood supporter could blame Grundy. He just played one of the most dominant games ever by a player in a black and white jumper. If he hadn't been on the ground, we'd have lost by 147 points the way the rest of the team played and the coaching panel coached.

Agree. His last quarter was leviathan like and was the only reason we got so close. Back to back Copeland's beckon and a perhaps even a Brownlow!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

[quote="Magpietothemax"][quote="watt price tully"][quote="Magpietothemax"][quote="watt price tully"]
Another troll. Are you and Adz the same poster? This was not a grand final genius. Pathetic & histrionic nonsense. Learn to grow a pair.

Scarred FFS
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
bokka

Post by bokka »

watt price tully wrote:
bokka wrote:Another possible factor is overtraining, that many players are really pushing the limits that their body can tolerate to get that extra level of performance.
So if one over-exercises doing advanced Capybara you have to have a knee reconstruction? :shock:

Tell me again how sheep's bladders can be employed to prevent earthquakes? :wink:
Sorry no idea what you are trying to say here. ARe you tripping or something? (Hopefully coming down by now...don't wanna end up like syd Barret do we?)
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

I think the point wpt is making is that Langdon has a knee injury. Unless there’s an even more serious problem than we know about, his knee is probably not “soft tissue”.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

How do our injuries lists stack up against othe4 teams this year? To me it seems far less soft tissue, but a few more serious long term injuries. A fewhamstrings but thats the norm.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

When an all-time great, like Rance or Greenwood, goes down with an ACL, it is impossible to win a flag.
bokka

Post by bokka »